What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 Team V Knights

Smack

Coach
and if my calculations are correct, we will win the comp this year
2017.jpg

Drakon

Juniors
Dufty made the NRL team of the week! Along with LAM, Widdop and JDB

1. Matt Dufty (Dragons)

Dragons fans have been waiting patiently to see Dufty in the top grade and he didn't disappoint in his NRL debut. He looked lively from his very first touches and completed a memorable day out with a try a minute from full-time, two try assists, two line breaks, 11 tackle breaks and 188 run metres.

Makes it even harder for Mary to not pick him in the team!

denis preston

First Grade

1. Matt Dufty (Dragons)

Dragons fans have been waiting patiently to see Dufty in the top grade and he didn't disappoint in his NRL debut. He looked lively from his very first touches and completed a memorable day out with a try a minute from full-time, two try assists, two line breaks, 11 tackle breaks and 188 run metres.

Will get tested in defense but I'm sure with some good coaching setups ( yes that's you Young ! ) they can work around this. Like the way they got Dufty to use Macdonald as the battering ram , very sensible..

FlameThrower

Bench

1. Matt Dufty (Dragons)

That's super impressive stats on debut.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Only goes to prove,sometimes these young stars cruise a little bit in under 20s.but they step up when given the opportunity in first grade.we have a few more like Dufty .waiting waiting waiting.

Drag Queen

Bench
I don't necessarily think he was offered anything more solid. After all he has been used as a utility and Millward actually stated after he signed or during the signing process that Mann's value is he can play anywhere in the backline.
Well if that's the case, he should have taken the Knights offer.

GC Dragon

Juniors
If true Packer is playing busted then they should rest him.

We have Lawrie who can slot in and gain valuable experience if we can't find an experienced replacement for packer for next season.

If we do make the semis then a fully fit Packer will be valuable.
I agree . Same deal with Frizz playing busted but Mary doesn't think that way . He tries to squeeze every last drop from his experienced players he possibly can . The Titans game was proof of that . Three players busted at the captains run . All three played and all three broke down one after the other during the game .He also rushed Aitken back for that game and he hurt his hammy again . Common sense would have suggested that with a bye the following week it may have been a idea to give him the extra two weeks . But again vision or forward thinking doesn't exist in Mary's world .

Drag Queen

Bench
I agree . Same deal with Frizz playing busted but Mary doesn't think that way . He tries to squeeze every last drop from his experienced players he possibly can . The Titans game was proof of that . Three players busted at the captains run . All three played and all three broke down one after the other during the game .He also rushed Aitken back for that game and he hurt his hammy again . Common sense would have suggested that with a bye the following week it may have been a idea to give him the extra two weeks . But again vision or forward thinking doesn't exist in Mary's world .
Stop making sense. It's not allowed on this forum.

WardyRedV

Juniors
Stop making sense. It's not allowed on this forum.

It doesn't make sense? The medical staff and the players themselves have a say in it as well. Mary even said in the press conference that Frizz wouldn't let Mary rest him or he wouldn't allow himself to miss games or something rather.

Drag Queen

Bench

1. Matt Dufty (Dragons)

Geez, I think he has only made the ISP team once. Is it possible that surrounded by a team that was on fire could have put him there? Maybe.. but I watched Tedesco in the following game and he is the full package in attack and defence. I'm not trying to be controversial but I think Nighty did half his job. Forwards covered him which you would expect. Still not sure how he'll go with all the publicity surrounding him. The coaches (something Mary doesn't do) will look at that game and will try to shut him down. Just a thought.

ALSGI

Bench
Just watched yesterdays game again, sober and less anxious this time.

Dufty was outstanding, the hype is completely justified. WOW !! Cronk's praise said it all.

Widdop, Aitken, MacDonald were all very good in the backs as was Mann when he came on. McCrone was good. Kicking game was very good. All our forwards were very, very good.

Only suspect game was from Lafai, some blunders that could have cost us including missing Dufty's offload after a great break, went missing in Uate's try
and nearly got pushed over the sideline again before throwing the ball inside to nobody. He also did some good things especially in defence but gee wiz he's suspect.

Only changes I'd make for this game is Duges in for Aitken.

I think yesterday's team was a very f**king harmonious balance, finally hit the sweet spot, bulls eye, etc. after 20 rounds.

Mary better not f**k with this balance.

Drag Queen

Bench
It doesn't make sense? The medical staff and the players themselves have a say in it as well. Mary even said in the press conference that Frizz wouldn't let Mary rest him or he wouldn't allow himself to miss games or something rather.
And Duges could break a finger nail and miss a game. Frizz is a champ but I just hope it's not to his detriment.

Drag Queen

Bench
Surely mary will keep dufty at fb and move dugan to centre. if Mary does this we will put 30+ on knights
Surely mary will keep dufty at fb and move dugan to centre. if Mary does this we will put 30+ on knights
F**k you're optimistic. I'll be happy if we put 10 on them. They're lifting their game as recent scores would suggest. Barrett said his team looked like a shambolic NYC game. He was right. Dragons need to have their game on because I don't underestimate them one bit.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Geez, I think he has only made the ISP team once. Is it possible that surrounded by a team that was on fire could have put him there? Maybe.. but I watched Tedesco in the following game and he is the full package in attack and defence. I'm not trying to be controversial but I think Nighty did half his job. Forwards covered him which you would expect. Still not sure how he'll go with all the publicity surrounding him. The coaches (something Mary doesn't do) will look at that game and will try to shut him down. Just a thought.
Your right drag but they know what billy slaters going to do .but shuting him down is easier said than done.speed speed speed its hard to stop.

redVinme

Bench
Your right drag but they know what billy slaters going to do .but shuting him down is easier said than done.speed speed speed its hard to stop.
Hes a smart player, shutting him down will only result in creating extra pace for widdop etc not always bad

Dragsters

First Grade

Tedesco also has 3 full seasons of experience under his belt ahead of Dufty.

Teddy was suspect in defence for a large part of that time as well.

Life's Good

Coach
F**k you're optimistic. I'll be happy if we put 10 on them. They're lifting their game as recent scores would suggest. Barrett said his team looked like a shambolic NYC game. He was right. Dragons need to have their game on because I don't underestimate them one bit.
My thoughts exactly. I believe we went into the Tigers, Dogs, Knights and Titans games with a degree of complacency and the results were ordinary. That cannot happen this week or we will be drowning our sorrows and lamenting what might have been. Mindset has to be 'win at all costs' and set us on course for the 8.