What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
You know what, I completely agree with you. Mannah (very reliable) and Terepo (hi impact, not scared of the early big collisions) with Alvaro and Matagi off the bench. Matagi I think is much better suited off the bench and Alvaro just keeps improving.

On a side note, Alvaro has done some things recently that have really surprised me with his dominant strength.

Yes Alvaro i didnt like. He is getting stronger and keeping his legs pumping.
I think Vae will be hard pressed coming into team. Frank will take his spot if anything.

hindy111

Post Whore
That is my biggest fear and why i am not entirely confident with him at the back. He looks shaky under the high ball and a team like the Broncos will exploit that.

He on his day is as electric as Bevan. Seemed to have more bad days then good.

Hoffman might walk into team. Bevan maybe fit?

With the coaches media interview I can never hear the questions being asked. Was BA talking about Bevan or corey when he said no earlier in season was knee. And it was more precautionary. I assumed Bevan but something they should fix .Its a pain.

Stevie

Bench
He on his day is as electric as Bevan. Seemed to have more bad days then good.

Hoffman might walk into team. Bevan maybe fit?

With the coaches media interview I can never hear the questions being asked. Was BA talking about Bevan or corey when he said no earlier in season was knee. And it was more precautionary. I assumed Bevan but something they should fix .Its a pain.

I struggled to hear that too but he was talking about Bevan. He then said later that if Bev isn't right they will 100% not risk him.

If Bevan is out I thought Hoffman may come into #1 but BA said Will Smith "can do a job at fullback" and he has been training there so I guess that's that.

Incorrect

Coach
I would be playing Hoffman in the 1 next week, French surely won't play. I'd continue to carry Smith on the bench, if BA decides he doesn't want 4 forwards on the bench. Who knows, Norman might be rested as a precaution as well and Smith could play in the halves...

RVaRR worries me on that flank.... I'd be tempted to give Davis a shot there

TheRam

Coach
...Just on quality players, did anyone see Daniel Alvaro player last weekend. The guy really looked the goods to me and in particular seems to have a real good work ethic.

TheRam, May 22, 2013

And then This.

Pou I think you might be under estimating Danial Alvaro. To me he is a classic old fashioned type of prop. A large lump of a lad, who has a decent motor, carts the ball up all day, hits the line real hard, tackles well and has the potential to develop into a very, very good frontrower over many years. I like him, I like him a lot. He is like a bookend type of prop. He just needs time to become a man and when elevated to the NRL and some decent forwards to bring him along. Then watch him blossom.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013

Good to see. He has taken a little longer then I thought, but he is a frontrower and it can be expected. I think he is now our best prop and I think he has more improvement in him still.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I would be playing Hoffman in the 1 next week, French surely won't play. I'd continue to carry Smith on the bench, if BA decides he doesn't want 4 forwards on the bench. Who knows, Norman might be rested as a precaution as well and Smith could play in the halves...

if RVaRR worries you than Davis can be an absolute horror movie out there..

forward pass

Coach

Seriously? He is certainly not great under the high ball but apart from that he has hardly put a foot wrong. Great try saver last night and nearly scored a freakish try when he was just short.

Completely messed up the other opportunity but I think he saw Jenko was being held back so tried to cut him which was a poor decision. He will learn from that.

hindy111

Post Whore
TheRam, May 22, 2013

And then This.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013

Good to see. He has taken a little longer then I thought, but he is a frontrower and it can be expected. I think he is now our best prop and I think he has more improvement in him still.

Needs a short ball and offload.

Tepai ran harder last night as well.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Don't forget he has normally been a centre, so will take some time to develop as a winger especially with the high ball.

His pace has surprised me!!

He probably has saved us from buying an established winger for next year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
"It's the rumour that won't go away - Canberra's Junior Paulo wants out to go back to Parramatta.

Raiders officials were last month confident of extending the contract of the hard-running prop beyond 2018.

But it seems Paulo has other ideas, spending every spare weekend back in Sydney with his former Eels teammates, openly discussing his desire to be back in blue and gold. "

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/l...nd-results/16emm0nz5mun71fg5vsty36hl5/slide/1

T.S Quint

Coach
And I'm sure all those ex-teammates are calling up the media to tell them all about it. Where do they get this shit!

Bazal

Post Whore
And I'm sure all those ex-teammates are calling up the media to tell them all about it. Where do they get this shit!

Well I could tell you who a lot of the Raiders hang out with and I'm not a Raiders player (or am I?).

I dunno where the Eels players hang out...Chinese restaurants of ill repute, probably.