What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan done

Card Shark

Immortal
It will be interesting to see how he goes with injuries.

We had a few years there with woeful runs of injury and the last couple (touch wood) we've had one of the best runs in the comp. Not sure how much is luck and how much good management, but we do seem to have really good staff atm.

I think it's good management.

Still a bit uneasy about the thought of Dugan in a sharks jumper.

I'm sure our good injury record will diminish with him in the squad.

Make no mistake about it, Andrew Gray is the best purchase we have made off the Dragons in a long time.
Our low injury toll and management is second to none.
Dugan has only played half a season whilst Gray was over there, lets see how he goes under a full off season before the glass blowing goes off.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
FFS

He's an ex-raider / dragon that is an injured breezer guzzling sook that thinks he's bigger than the team.

I don't like him or his teams - it will take a lot of getting used to & he has a lot to prove before he wins me over, FFS!

shaggs

Coach
f**k me you merkins are tough. The bloke is always busted because he rips into every play.

Have you ever seen him dog it? Take the option to not get bashed and cost some metres??
The drags have ruined him this year. Play him at centre every week or fullback every week. Not a bit of this and a bit of that.
They never give their centres decent ball. If they do Milne or lafai actually look like competent first graders.
When Widdop runs the show, you will always be a backrower first, daylight then centre option team. It's the Melbourne way

Life's Good

Coach
Saints supoporters have already turned against him...
Not all, only the numbskulls who like to put the boot in. I've said before he is a loss for us but one we can cover mainly because we are trying to become a team that scores points, not just defend them. Didn't work last night though.

FFS

He's an ex-raider / dragon that is an injured breezer guzzling sook that thinks he's bigger than the team.

I don't like him or his teams - it will take a lot of getting used to & he has a lot to prove before he wins me over, FFS!
Wow. Just, wow.

sandshark

Bench
I wonder if the team likes him.
Went down with injury, I don't think anyone went to check on him apart from trainer.
Few errors, just yells to himself or the player outside of him.
Noticed Chad pointing at where he should run a few times, don't think he liked that.

Edit* oops meant for Le bird thread.

Special K

Coach
My close friends are Dragons fans and they have a massive frustration that a key member of their backline can't play 80 minutes and it would always force a reshuffle of their backline, often pushing players out of position to cover this biscuit. He has not put together back to back NRL games of 80 minutes since Round 3/4. Obviously there are issues like being knocked out that you can't plan for however it has been noted since his Raiders days that he doesn't push through "pain". We have an amazing medical staff(take out broken bones and look how fit we have been the past 2 seasons) however they are really going to be tested with this guy.

Over the season he averages 70 minutes per game. I don't have last nights stats however for the year it looks like

Round 23 - 74 minutes
Round 22 - 24 minutes
Round 21 - 80 minutes
Round 20 - Out injured
Round 19 - 57 minutes
Round 18 - Bye
Round 17 - 52 minutes
Round 16 - 80 minutes
Round 15 - Out origin
Round 14 - 75 minutes
Round 13 - 80 Minutes
Round 12 - Bye
Round 11 - 80 minutes
Round 10 - Out injured
Round 9 - 80 minutes
Round 8 - 69 minutes
Round 7 - Out injured
Round 6 - Out injured
Round 5 - 58 minutes
Round 4 - 80 minutes
Round 3 - 80 minutes
Round 2 - 80 minutes
Round 1 - 80 minutes

I can't see us being able to carry another back on the bench in 2018 given we run 2 hookers. As far as like for like replacements I think we could not have done a better job replacing Jack Bird than with Josh Dugan but there is no way we can be replacing our fullback every game. Val as a comparison has played 80 minutes every game.

Latest posts