What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final week 1 Vs Manly

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Manly's defence is much better than Brisbane's.

We can talk about being clunky in attack but Manly's defence on their own line was really good.

OldPanther

Coach
If Moylan comes back and the team plays like that we are the top 4 quality team we should have been all year.

Edit: Moylan also didn't let the team down. He showed up for them and even interacted with fans. He's a good boy and has done the club proud.

Last edited:

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
If Moylan comes back and the team plays like that we are the top 4 quality team we should have been all year.

Edit: Moylan also didn't let the team down. He showed up for them and even interacted with fans. He's a good boy and has done the club proud.
Also led the team onto the field when entering Allianz, next to Griffin.

Can't believe they were so cool doing this considering they hate each other.

kinghippo

Juniors
Great game.
Loved seeing Cartwright in the thick of things, our forwards got their pride back and Cleary steered us around beautifully.
The last few weeks have been awful for our club but that performance will fix a lot of the things that have been broken.
That type of win improves a club from top to bottom, relationships, attitude and belief.

The Realist

Juniors
Several things stood out for me.

THE GOOD
1. Cartwright is a good half. We looked a heap better when he went into 1st receiver. He cannot defend there though as his lateral movement and defensive attitude is not up to it. In the future he needs to be an 'active' ball playing #13.

2. Edwards adds so much to this team. He would have scored and/or set up a try if he was fully fit, you could tell that he was missing 1/2 a step in explosive power.

3. Whare really completely shut down his side. Tommy Turbo was having a great game till he got pole axed by Whare after that he was a shadow of the player earlier on.

4. Cleary's kicking game was for the most part very good, defensively he was excellent. Still gets a little lost out there, so he needs an active partner like Moylan or Carty to create when he is struggling.

5. Wallace was very sharp, by far his best game since his injury. I was pleasantly surprised.

6. Leota - we know he hits and runs hard, but damn he turned it on at the right time.

7. Commitment was on another level, I have almost never seen us with such line speed, intensity and effort. I just hope we weren't too burnt out by it.

NOT SO GOOD
1. Pushing risky offloads/passes. Whare's was on the 2nd or 3rd tackle and we had a heap of momentum. There was no need for that, Manly score next set. Dumb.

Mez always seems to have an offload a game that either goes straight to the opposition or is a hospital ball to our player. Needs to cut that shit out.

2. Dumb penalties/Discipline. Whilst better than most weeks we are still dumb with these Fish is a huge culprit. AT one point in the 2nd half we were just getting back on top of them and pinning them again....then Fish lays all over the Manly player. I was screaming at him to get off as I knew he would get penalised and he did. Manly were then allowed back in the game.

3. General brain explosions - sort of covered above, but it seems nearly all our players are capable of them. Are we the only team that seems to have a turn over or two a game after scoring? Mansour not covering properly, DWZ hands on head after wayward pass from Edwards..instead of immediately tracking back and following/getting in front of the play....does my head in!

4. May had a decent game (he is no long term #6 though) but the knock on after our 1st penalty followed by refusing to catch the ball that led to RCG getting pushed back into touch after the Peachy try...this sort of thing loses tight games. Lucky it didn't tonight.

Sime_11

Juniors
Massive credit to the 20 or so passionate panthers fans in the corner of the manly supporters area giving it to the cocky manly supporters walking out post game.

Well in!!!!!

Commiserations to the genuine manly fans, tough one to take but always has to be a winner and a loser. The cocky manly fans who though it was a case of turn up and it's in the bag - suck shit, get it up ya!!!! Fn love this club!!! Let's heap misery on cranky wayne and his team of pretenders.

OldPanther

Coach
Several things stood out for me.

THE GOOD
1. Cartwright is a good half. We looked a heap better when he went into 1st receiver. He cannot defend there though as his lateral movement and defensive attitude is not up to it. In the future he needs to be an 'active' ball playing #13.

2. Edwards adds so much to this team. He would have scored and/or set up a try if he was fully fit, you could tell that he was missing 1/2 a step in explosive power.

3. Whare really completely shut down his side. Tommy Turbo was having a great game till he got pole axed by Whare after that he was a shadow of the player earlier on.

4. Cleary's kicking game was for the most part very good, defensively he was excellent. Still gets a little lost out there, so he needs an active partner like Moylan or Carty to create when he is struggling.

5. Wallace was very sharp, by far his best game since his injury. I was pleasantly surprised.

6. Leota - we know he hits and runs hard, but damn he turned it on at the right time.

7. Commitment was on another level, I have almost never seen us with such line speed, intensity and effort. I just hope we weren't too burnt out by it.

NOT SO GOOD
1. Pushing risky offloads/passes. Whare's was on the 2nd or 3rd tackle and we had a heap of momentum. There was no need for that, Manly score next set. Dumb.

Mez always seems to have an offload a game that either goes straight to the opposition or is a hospital ball to our player. Needs to cut that shit out.

2. Dumb penalties/Discipline. Whilst better than most weeks we are still dumb with these Fish is a huge culprit. AT one point in the 2nd half we were just getting back on top of them and pinning them again....then Fish lays all over the Manly player. I was screaming at him to get off as I knew he would get penalised and he did. Manly were then allowed back in the game.

3. General brain explosions - sort of covered above, but it seems nearly all our players are capable of them. Are we the only team that seems to have a turn over or two a game after scoring? Mansour not covering properly, DWZ hands on head after wayward pass from Edwards..instead of immediately tracking back and following/getting in front of the play....does my head in!

4. May had a decent game (he is no long term #6 though) but the knock on after our 1st penalty followed by refusing to catch the ball that led to RCG getting pushed back into touch after the Peachy try...this sort of thing loses tight games. Lucky it didn't tonight.

Fishy fish seems to be our worst for penalties lately. He needs to chill. I was yelling at him to get up as well. You could see the penalty coming and it wasn't the only one he gave.

maple_69

Bench
Play like that and there's every chance Brisbane fall over in front of us. Either way, it's a well salvaged season that we can take a lot from. Definitely heading in the right direction in terms of attitude and mental toughness.

If we can stay close going into the final 10, our opposition is going to be bloody nervous. Everything from here is a bonus though

Latest posts