What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final week 1 Vs Manly

betcats

Referee
Let's be honest, Everything after this is a bonus. Sure we're not the greatest side of all time but we show heart and pride in the jersey. It's great to see as a supporter.

Gotta agree. I'm not happy a lot of shit this year but week 2 of the finals is a good result, well done.

Brisbane are there to be beaten also, even without Moylan.

Manly only got that second half try off the back of us gifting them possession and then penalties two sets in a row, Whare and then Merrin pushing passes. I think we are a good chance next week, Griffin has a great record against Bennett.

OldPanther

Coach
Gotta agree. I'm not happy a lot of shit this year but week 2 of the finals is a good result, well done.

Brisbane are there to be beaten also, even without Moylan.

Manly only got that second half try off the back of us gifting them possession and then penalties two sets in a row, Whare and then Merrin pushing passes. I think we are a good chance next week, Griffin has a great record against Bennett.

I will give him credit. We seem to be winning the arm wrestle with teams more as time goes by. Opposition teams are having to bank on penalties and errors to get a leg up on us. Baby steps but it's something.

This game was always going to be easy for the players to get up for after the embarrassment of last week. Next week is the real test

Panther Pete

Juniors
For an apparent 'plodder', Leota changed that game. #hookin
Leota did have a great game.

I actually think all the boys ripped in from the word go, it was a 100% turnaround from last week. My biggest concern is still our inability to look structured or even threatening in attack close to the oppositions line. Regardless of the fact we scored 22 points I think for the most part we look clueless in attack.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Leota did have a great game.

I actually think all the boys ripped in from the word go, it was a 100% turnaround from last week. My biggest concern is still our inability to look structured or even threatening in attack close to the oppositions line. Regardless of the fact we scored 22 points I think for the most part we look clueless in attack.

We had at least 2 chances go begging because of individual stuff ups that were from nice set plays in the opposition 20m.

Munky

Coach
Edwards and May should be running off Cartwright's shoulder when we are in the 20. Teams still have no idea what to do when Bryce has ball in hand close to the line.

lsta5838

Juniors
Really happy with the win. Happy for Bryce and Dylan. We could have easily let the off-field issues and last weeks towel up negatively affect us, but we united and showed our true colours.

Just watched the first 15-20 mins again. There was a period between the 7-9 minute where Tapau played at the ball, but no 6 again, refs gave a penalty against Yeo (?) for Tom T playing the ball sideways, and the Tapau gets DWZ high and no penalty. We weathered this and then got some calls later.

Bring on Brissy, but we really need to be careful in front of their home crowd not to lay in the ruck too much as I am sure the refs will become trigger happy with penalties again.

TheFrog

Coach
Just watched the first 15-20 mins again. There was a period between the 7-9 minute where Tapau played at the ball, but no 6 again, refs gave a penalty against Yeo (?) for Tom T playing the ball sideways, and the Tapau gets DWZ high and no penalty. We weathered this and then got some calls later.
There was also an incident inside their 10 where Edwards took the tackle because DWZ was tackled without the ball. It was during that early period when we attacked their line.

The penalty to us right on halftime came when we appeared to have an overlap on the right side and the advantage wasn't played.

pantherpuddy

Juniors
Cleary had a great kicking game and Bryce and Leota will gain a lot of confidence from that game. That was a super effort from Edwards to play 80 mins after only missing 1 week, I doubt we would have won if he misses the game. A massive thanks must go to Dylan Wanker for his 9 missed tackles, what a loud mouth prick he is. I would really love to see Moylan back next week with May going to the bench for Katoa. Moylan witnessing that fighting spirit last night might be the therapy he needs to get his mojo back. So glad I made the trip down from the Hunter Valley to be apart of our passionate panther fans !

Black Magik

Juniors
That, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, is the ultimate sucker punch.

Last week they thought they beat us when in fact they beat themselves. They tried so hard to replicate it but their true abilities were exposed last night. Great win. :smiling_imp:

martielang

Bench
Did someone say Moylan was available next week? No doubt we need him desperately in attack but I also think defensively we are a much better unit without him.

Big call.

Latest posts