What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think everyone needs to relax in here. We were never going to be a top 4 team next year. The inexperience in our squad is way too much. Plus the form drop of our most expensive players is killing us. If our spine performs next year then of course we're a chance to sneak into the 8 but that's probably it. We are gonna have a really young squad next year which is a good thing. When you get to the top you want to stay at the top. its really not a good idea to be so aggressive in the market when our best players haven't resigned either...

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I still say there is not a player left on the market that will improve our long term viability and be with us as a player for the next 2 years,not even Cronk.
So in my opinion what would be good management would be to throw whatever coin we have at the moment to Crichton,Murray,Fui,Graham & co.

southsport

First Grade
I still say there is not a player left on the market that will improve our long term viability and be with us as a player for the next 2 years,not even Cronk.
So in my opinion what would be good management would be to throw whatever coin we have at the moment to Crichton,Murray,Fui,Graham & co.

You are most likely correct, I think focussing on the young guys coming through is probably the best bet, unfortunately it appears to me that Angus isn't showing much commitment to the club in this rebuilding stage.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oi Shadow just like last year they are saying we are a chance to sneak into the 8.

We'd need an absolute miracle for that to happen......

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You are most likely correct, I think focussing on the young guys coming through is probably the best bet, unfortunately it appears to me that Angus isn't showing much commitment to the club in this rebuilding stage.

Firing your coach isn't exactly a step forward in rebuilding. Just let him see if he wants to stay. Its realistically up to Seibold to impress him enough to stay. I know Madge would've.

southsport

First Grade
I can 99.5% say Angus would've signed on if Madge was still coach. Madge was the person who got Angus to come to Souths in the first place. Richo and solly couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

Well, Madge was there and he didn't sign, whether he would have signed eventually I don't know, Angus has bigger offers on the table apparently from rugby and other clubs.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Honestly fellas it shows how f...ing inept our management is that Chricton hasn't been signed long term already.
We were supposed to become such a professional and successful team that players would be lining up at our door for a opportunity.
The bunch of flogs in the front office have managed to erode that very quickly!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well, Madge was there and he didn't sign, whether he would have signed eventually I don't know, Angus has bigger offers on the table apparently from rugby and other clubs.

Are Souths giving him a fair offer though? How can other clubs afford him unless it's like Newcastle? There's no way the roosters have cap room to offer more than we can.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Honestly fellas it shows how f...ing inept our management is that Chricton hasn't been signed long term already.
We were supposed to become such a professional and successful team that players would be lining up at our door for a opportunity.
The bunch of flogs in the front office have managed to erode that very quickly!

Our board was too busy organising how to get Madge sacked..

southsport

First Grade
Are Souths giving him a fair offer though? How can other clubs afford him unless it's like Newcastle? There's no way the roosters have cap room to offer more than we can.

Manly don't have to pay Matai and Stewart for next season and beyond so they have cleared cap space, but rugby is the big worry.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Manly don't have to pay Matai and Stewart for next season and beyond so they have cleared cap space, but rugby is the big worry.

Ahh okay that's fair. I wouldn't blame him for going to rugby. Especially since he grew up with the game. The nostalgia would be real for him. The wallabies f**king suck too they need some decent players.

It would be hard to see him play for another league club.

southsport

First Grade
Ahh okay that's fair. I wouldn't blame him for going to rugby. Especially since he grew up with the game. The nostalgia would be real for him. The wallabies f**king suck too they need some decent players.

It would be hard to see him play for another league club.

From what I can gather he is big on rugby and his family and manager are pushing him towards other offers.........this is all anecdotal though.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
From what I can gather he is big on rugby and his family and manager are pushing him towards other offers.........this is all anecdotal though.

Well as long as it comes from him then that's fair. You wouldn't want him to sign long term and be unhappy playing league. I think most of his close mates are playing union as well. Except for gosiewski obviously. Farkin union hahaha.