What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

adamkungl

Immortal
Not much to talk about until we get some snippets about ticket sales. The storm game looks likely to pull 25K+ and I would think a sellout should be on the cards.

Not sure what to expect from the roosters game. I'm thinking it'll go over 30K but I'm not confident of anymore than that.

2 sellouts would be phenomenal but I think if we get around 60K from the 2 matches I'd be happy.

Roosters last week 3 v out-of-town team was 37,752 vs Newcastle in 2013

Newcastle being pretty close to Sydney definitely contributes to that though, plus the SBW effect. That was a cracking team.

Any less then 30k would be really disappointing.

Clifferd

Coach
Newcastle would've comfortably bought around 10k that night I reckon. I remember their support was huge that year

Hopefully Cows can bring atleast 3-5k.

Anyways with that being said I reckon it'll comfortably nudge 30, 35k+ would be impressive

Stallion

First Grade
Newcastle would've comfortably bought around 10k that night I reckon. I remember their support was huge that year

Hopefully Cows can bring atleast 3-5k.

Anyways with that being said I reckon it'll comfortably nudge 30, 35k+ would be impressive

A good test for the NRL marketing people! Over 43000 in 2004 for cows v easts at ANZ.

Last edited:

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
ISC grand final this weekend PNG vs Sunshine Coast at Suncorp stadium will probably get a higher crowd than Manly vs Penrith did.

Traditionally the GF usually draws around 5-7k, but I think PNG will bring big Numbers to the game. The crowd could have been bigger had the dolphins got up yesterday.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Unbelievably poor read on what is going on! The NRL has been sitting on its hands! Othet codes have been invited to take up the slack and are doing so. Junior numbers have been affected in the city I live in. As a teacher I am hearing plenty of kids are playing AFL and union. Soccer has always been popular and to me that code is not a threat. The others are. And are getting juniors that should be playing rugby league. Go figure Perth Red. "Let's dilute and perish" instead of gaining the potential exponential growth of additional clubs with genuine expansion.

Myth 1 AFL and Union clubs are prospering in Sydney
Myth 2 Rival codes are taking over the juniors due to clubs being merged/culled

So despite NRL still having nine clubs and AFL only two, and union only one they are taking over RL jnrs? Yeh right. This would suggest you don't need nine teams to take over?? Your arguments are actually advocating that nine teams are not necessary to be successful.

Again you have no evidence. Even miserable Gus Gould lays claim that Jnr numbers in WS are some of the highest of all time.

Awaits Myth 3 from Stallion backed up with no facts and pure speculation

The figures so far this year are a little disappointing in the age groups of Under 12, 13 and 14 and this follows on from low numbers from the previous year. Our figures tell us that not many kids have actually have left these age groups, it’s just that smaller numbers our pushing through and there have been very few new registrations in these age groups.
The best result for the Junior League is that we are getting a large base of players coming through in the Under 6,7,8, 10 and 11 which will be very beneficial for the junior league over the next few years.
From Under 15's right through to the Over 19’s age groups, registrations have improved significantly over recent years and will be very strong for a long time to come.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/05/08/10/23/rugby-league-is-not-struggling-for-local-juniors-in-western-sydney?

Stallion

First Grade
A good test for the NRL marketing people! Over 43000 for easts v cowboys in 2003 at ANZ. The code has taken many hits over the past decade and earlier. Let's see how much the code has declined thanks to a number of major short sighted decisions.

Stallion

First Grade
Myth 1 AFL and Union clubs are prospering in Sydney
Myth 2 Rival codes are taking over the juniors due to clubs being merged/culled

So despite NRL still having nine clubs and AFL only two, and union only one they are taking over RL jnrs? Yeh right. This would suggest you don't need nine teams to take over?? Your arguments are actually advocating that nine teams are not necessary to be successful.

Again you have no evidence. Even miserable Gus Gould lays claim that Jnr numbers in WS are some of the highest of all time.

Awaits Myth 3 from Stallion backed up with no facts and pure speculation

You astound me with your ignorance! A recent interview with a rugby union administrator on the BSB had informed that playing numbers in junior ranks have increased and the same is happening with AFL. My eyes and ears arent painted on. This stuff is happening! God help rugby league if u ever had tangible influence! My word you are extremely ignorant and apathetic to common sense. Btw im on the ground in my employment as a teacher and take an interest in what kids are playing. I am seeing whats going on.

Last edited:

JamesRustle

First Grade
I think if we have free game day magazines and numerous other things (example: as with MLB if you catch the ball in the crowd you keep it) we could improve crowds.
You'd take a Big Issue off a homeless merkin and feel good though

Raiderdave

First Grade
Agree. However the superleague war culled some very iconic clubs though. The peace deal agreement was a sham and basically destroyed confidence within and outside of the code. When new clubs are being planned young aspiring football ranks swell. Believe me i was one of them. Culling doesnt do this nor does merging. Additional clubs is both developmentally fruitful and positive for the game.

very iconic clubs ??
hahahahaha

yeah dem Magpies were iconicking up all ova the place
4500 crowds barely able to fit into campbelltown lol

oh wow
what are you on man ?

Stallion

First Grade
very iconic clubs ??
hahahahaha

yeah dem Magpies were iconicking up all ova the place
4500 crowds barely able to fit into campbelltown lol

oh wow
what are you on man ?

Their's a case that the West Magpies may have been a good fit for relocation and become the West Coast Magpies. With this a Balmain Cambelltown Tigers side could have filled in the void with maintaining iconic continuity, similar to what AFL have done in Brisbane and Sydney. Unfortunately such forward thinking has not occured to date. North Sydney Bears were catapulted out as a result of an unfair superleague peace meal agreement. Simple as that. Ive agreed with some of your comments on this site (not this thread ; a few 'likes'elswhere) however we fundamentally differ with the importance of history, locality and tradition in this great competition.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Their's a case that the West Magpies may have been a good fit for relocation and become the West Coast Magpies. With this a Balmain Cambelltown side could have fitted in the void with maintaining iconic continuity, similar to what AFL have done in Brisbane and Sydney. Unfortunately such forward thinking has not occured to date. North Sydney Bears were catapulted out as a result of an unfair superleague peace meal agreement. Simple as that. Ive agreed with some of your comments on this site however we fundamentally differ with the importance of history, locality and tradition in this great competition.

we don't agree ?
buddy there isn't one person on this site that agrees with you on this point
not one ..
your position is as stupid as Ive seen
more teams in Sydney to grow the game ?.... hahahahahahahahahaha nutbag stuff

Perth Red

Post Whore
You astound me with your ignorance! A recent interview with a rugby union administrator on the BSB had informed that playing numbers in junior ranks have increased and the same is happening with AFL. My eyes and ears arent painted on. This stuff is happening! God help rugby league if u ever had tangible influence! My word you are extremely ignorant and apathetic to common sense. Btw im on the ground in my employment as a teacher and take an interest in what kids are playing. I am seeing whats going on.

Some union blokes talking up union, my god how will RL possibly survive with just nine clubs in Sydney? quick bring back Glebe!

Again show me some evidence, show me some facts, explain to me why afl with 2 or union with 1 are taking over despite nine nrl clubs. Your perception has no bases in reality.

Stallion

First Grade
we don't agree ?
buddy there isn't one person on this site that agrees with you on this point
not one ..
your position is as stupid as Ive seen
more teams in Sydney to grow the game ?.... hahahahahahahahahaha nutbag stuff

Another 'factual" statement off you? LOL

Latest posts