What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moylan signing hits a snag

southland

Juniors
Moylans best footy is ahead of him, Maloney?

I'm all for Moylan at 1 for next year and 5/8 beyond that but it is terrifying to think who will kick goals next yr...

cb4

First Grade
Moylan wants Cronulla. Cronulla wants Moylan.
The solution is either Cronk goes to Penrith or Penrith are compensated significantly.
From what I am told, Maloney has no intent on signing with Penrith, he wants Newcastle or Warrington. Not to say he won't go to Penrith, but it isn't his preference.

Bulldogs wouldn't release Morris to us as we wouldn't pick up more than 50% of the bill.

The solution is either Cronk goes to Penrith or Penrith are compensated significantly.
From what I am told, Maloney has no intent on signing with Penrith, he wants Newcastle or Warrington. Not to say he won't go to Penrith, but it isn't his preference.

Bulldogs wouldn't release Morris to us as we wouldn't pick up more than 50% of the bill.
Morris is only worth 50% of the bill anyway

Omnishark2

Juniors
Again I ask the same question as earlier in the year ... if we're willing to offer $900k x 4 to Moylan now, why didn't we offer $900k x 2 to Jimmy earlier in the year ... and we might have had a much happier camper, and won a few more crunch games !

Jimmy at his peak is worth $900k in the current market. Yes he signed a contract blah blah, but that means nothing these days - the market rules in the days of $1.2M for Ben Hunt, and $900k for Mitchell Moses.

And there's zero chance of us getting Moylan & keeping an underpaid Maloney ... it'll be one or the other.

Stake Removed

First Grade

I would love to see Cronk at Panthers, see them pay a mint for him and for no reward.

I think we will get Moylan just will take time, you would think Gus would get it longer it takes more annoyed Moylan gets, the quicker its resolved for Panthers they have money for cap to pursue another player, or as was getting indicated this money goes to retaining the next batch of those who are in 10 year plan

Stake Removed

First Grade
On side note cant wait to see Gus's face when Clearly leaves at end of 2019, you would think by that time either Tigers would get him through his dad.

Or Roosters would have decided to trade in Pearce

Quigs

Immortal
I still reckon it is getting near our turn to uncover another legend. Everything works in cycles they tell me. Well its got to be us sooner or later.

Ads

First Grade
Again I ask the same question as earlier in the year ... if we're willing to offer $900k x 4 to Moylan now, why didn't we offer $900k x 2 to Jimmy earlier in the year ... and we might have had a much happier camper, and won a few more crunch games !

Jimmy at his peak is worth $900k in the current market. Yes he signed a contract blah blah, but that means nothing these days - the market rules in the days of $1.2M for Ben Hunt, and $900k for Mitchell Moses.

And there's zero chance of us getting Moylan & keeping an underpaid Maloney ... it'll be one or the other.
Locking away 900k on a 32 year old 5/8 is not an option imo.

saints-memberships-600x400.png

face of an unhappy camper.
sitting in exile.
if we are gunna throw wads of cash around, it's on getting this guy back where he belongs.
at the back in the sharks no.1

#bringbarbahome2018