What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moylan signing hits a snag

Ads

First Grade
I think Moylan would be the perfect Barba replacement in our current setup. Would also be a decent 5/8 replacement as we are used to carrying a passenger in defence next to Wade.

Ads

First Grade
I'd rather keep Maloney and sign Moylan. If we sign Moylan and lose Maloney, I hope Barba is coming home too. I don't want to rely on all of our attack coming from Moylan.
Agreed. Maloney with Moylan at fb or Moylan with Barba at fullback is a monumental upgrade on our attack.

I'm not comfortable in losing the best part of our attack and 80%+ goal kicker.

Ideal scenario would be this.

1. Moylan
2. Holmes
3. Dugan
4. Leutele / Gray
5. Feki
6. Maloney
7. Townsend

I read an article saying we don't have to lose Maloney to get Moylan. Praying that's true and the eventual scenario.

Weaponhead

Coach
The sharks would have budgeted 700k for Barba for 17 and 18 (I think). The replacement was Lee on much less. There should be a decent chunk to secure a good player.

King Ben

Juniors
The sharks would have budgeted 700k for Barba for 17 and 18 (I think). The replacement was Lee on much less. There should be a decent chunk to secure a good player.
I keep forgetting this. If we managed to get Moylan and keep Maloney (at least for next year), we've pulled off the heist of the century.

First team to win the comp with 3 fullbacks in the one squad?

So whats the likely outcome newms?

Dont know. Moyzaaaaaaaaaaaa, Flange and Maloney all have the same manager.
It is extremely difficult for him to act in all of their best interests on this deal.
No one knows anything because the negotiations are all "in house" with the one manager.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Everytime Gus is involved there is issues galore, he can upset a player galore.

I think get Moylan under Flanno will play his best football, if we know one thing about Flanno he is loyal he will give a player a chance, and someone with potential as Moylan he will be given time, just remember Barba 2015 we all shaking our heads then it all clicked.

Panthers are a good team to feed off with Griffin & Gould it dosent take long another one offside they go elsewhere and play better Martin goes to cowboys looks a lot better then at Panthers.

Flanno should be looking at Mansour for 2019 off contract end of next year, he will be 28 for Gus/Griffin that will be too old for a back, for Flanno that prime years.

We also need to be flogging off Edrick Lee & Seggy to some in the English Leagues, the Wolfpack have money but not sure if have quota of overseas players

MilkShark

First Grade
I'm all for getting Moylan. But he aint gonna fix our attack.

Until Holmes comes good at fullback, we are going to be plodding along just like we did this year.

Moylan would be better for us at fullback but obviously we need a replacement for Maloney.

Inferno

Coach
Not worth paying the million IMO.

I also don't think Moylan is worth 900K a year.

Paying overs has also not been our style for the last few years.

this is a massive mistake.
when has penrith been a threat other than for patches throughout rnd1-26?
swapping a two time gf winning 5/8 who is currently a part of the australian squad for moylan?
yeah that's a great idea! fmd

#bringbarbahome2018

carinashark

First Grade
Keep Maloney, why not? Is he really unhappy or just tired , and needs to have some time off. OK so we loose him but. Just say no to Moylan and Gould, just no. We just need a filler 5/8 for a year till KF is ready ,put Wade in for a year , Gal back to lock the pack will sort itself out. Dugan takes the goal kicks. Val back to the wing.
Moylan has had his time in the sun and Gus knows it, we don't need to fall for it and for Moylan our club would be a wrong move, he would be better off at the Knights and look great there. Sort of feel sorry for Gus ,the pack he has created is not a top 6 pack and the clock is ticking.

MilkShark

First Grade
this is a massive mistake.
when has penrith been a threat other than for patches throughout rnd1-26?
swapping a two time gf winning 5/8 who is currently a part of the australian squad for moylan?
yeah that's a great idea! fmd

#bringbarbahome2018
If Maloney was super keen to stay here and was actually playing good than I would agree with you.

King Ben

Juniors
Smarter minds will know more than me, but Kyle Flanno is a halfback right? More likely a replacement for Chad?