What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GongPanther

Referee
By the sounds of things it looks like the club will hold firm in regards to Matty Moylan. That is reassuring.
Going by what Gould was saying in regards to no players leaving except for Atalouka Setikai.(sp?)

Anyone spot who was a little tipsy? Don't know if RCG had a few tonight,but he brought the house down when he said he would rather be at training with his mates than at home.lol. James Tamou was funny in struggling through his interview.

GongPanther

Referee
HIs former club doesn't need him.

Yes he is a journeyman and a very successful one at that. He has a history of winning and every team he plays for his peers speak of his professionalism, football ability and leadership. He is still in rep teams, something Soward had not been in for the years prior.

He has a strong kicking, running and passing game. He reads the game very well. He knows how to build pressure, offers leadership and is certainly not over the hill. Yes he can give away dumb penalties but for all your criticism of him he seems to be representing himself pretty well so far as results and football honours.

Any club would be willing to punt on Moylan because he can be a quality footballer at times but ultimately if he doesn't want to be here or he wont be here then I want a replacement and Maloney would do nicely.

I personally don't care if Moylan leaves. I've had enough of the circus. His attitude at times, even well before this whole crap started, has been garbage. He is not the player some people think he is and foundations have been set within this club to replace players who dont want to be here.
Just be patient and hang on tight. We don't know what is going on in the background,and I don't want to.Whatever is going on,takes time to sort out. Whether Moyza is still working out personal stuff,or going elsewhere,we'll know in due time.At least we'll see it eventuate before Half Life 3,unless Moylan turns into vapourware.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Cleary said at the awards that he hoped to win the comp in a couple of years.That is were I got my notion from.If he said a few years,I'd be confident of him staying longer.See what two more years unfolds.
I don't know about that.

Much prefer that over something like "hopefully I get one eventually in my career".

Perhaps you could do us a favour and go and support another club.

Nah, I’d never do a wanker like you a favour.

You don't support this club,

30 years actually.

True supporters support the club

No true Scotsman...

Supporting the club & supporting decisions made by the club are two different things.

all we have read from you is one negative post after another

Yeah it’s true, I’ve been pretty negative this year, but I’ve also been posting on these boards for 11 years, and I haven’t always been negative.

Put simply I’m frustrated with the BS, I’m frustrated with how Gould rules like a dictator, I’m frustrated with zero improvement in a year where we had the easiest draw, I’m frustrated with re-singing players coming off 2 years of injuries to 5 year deals, I’m frustrated with the appointment of a 30 year old CEO, I’m frustrated that after Cleary was sacked Gould didn’t even bother to do a proper search for a coach, I’m frustrated that the club fell back on the young squad excuse, when they sold the season differently.

Lots to be frustrated by.

You keep going accepting mediocrity though, I want better. And I’m NEVER walking away, the Panthers are in my DNA.

Honestly some of you guys (you know who you are I don;t need to spell it out for you) really need to go and find another team to support given how negative you are.

You’re a complete f**kwit.

Where the hell do you get off telling people to support other clubs?!

The very point of these boards is to express opinions.

Don’t like them, tell people. Challenge the viewpoint.

But telling people to support another club is a step to far.

What a self important areshole you are. The absolute hubris of it.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
HIs former club doesn't need him.

Yes he is a journeyman and a very successful one at that. He has a history of winning and every team he plays for his peers speak of his professionalism, football ability and leadership. He is still in rep teams, something Soward had not been in for the years prior.

He has a strong kicking, running and passing game. He reads the game very well. He knows how to build pressure, offers leadership and is certainly not over the hill. Yes he can give away dumb penalties but for all your criticism of him he seems to be representing himself pretty well so far as results and football honours.

Any club would be willing to punt on Moylan because he can be a quality footballer at times but ultimately if he doesn't want to be here or he wont be here then I want a replacement and Maloney would do nicely.

I personally don't care if Moylan leaves. I've had enough of the circus. His attitude at times, even well before this whole crap started, has been garbage. He is not the player some people think he is and foundations have been set within this club to replace players who dont want to be here.
Maloney is supposedly only on $600k a season and wants out because he thinks he should be on more.

Yet there's no list of clubs lined up to sign him for ~$600k a season. His own club are happy to let him leave early to sign our 'unproven' 6 at a much higher rate than he's on here. Along with half the teams in the NRL.

But who wouldnt want him? Most of our supposedly overrated star players tend to go on to be successful.

Coote. TMM. Jennings. Graham. Lewis. Theres a trend that success follows our gopd players who are supposedly easily replaced.

Meanwhile the only thing that follows our star players we sign is they lose their representative jerseys and become fringe first graders. Signing Maloney now would just be adding another high paid player who never delivers what we are paying for only unlike most of our other failed star signings this one is easy to see failing.

2016... Maloney averaged 4.1 missed tackles per game.
2017... it sky rockets to 6.1 missed tackles per game

People slam Cartwright and Peachey for missing half that. Maloney also gave away 36 penalties this year... twice as many as any of our guys.

The LAST thing this club needs is a player with worse defence and discipline than the guys we already have. The Sharks and Roisters had big strong aggressive forward packs who could happily back their defence after giving away penalties. We don't. We cant defend our way to victory.

20171005_054047.png

Solution? Add the woest defensive player in the competition. Because averaging 40+ missed tackles a game would get us on track to a premiership.

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
I hate the 'true fan' tag too, but what grinds my gears more is the 'no excuses' phrase used in terms of attending a match, be it at Penrith or a week 1 final at Allianz, having a complete disregard for people's personal circumstances that would prevent us from attending.

OldPanther

Coach
I hate the 'true fan' tag too, but what grinds my gears more is the 'no excuses' phrase used in terms of attending a match, be it at Penrith or a week 1 final at Allianz, having a complete disregard for people's personal circumstances that would prevent us from attending.

100%. I live on the central coast, work Sun-Thurs 5am start and have a 9 year old. Going to games Saturday night or anytime sunday is difficult at best. I had no sleep before work the next day to watch the finals against Manly live.

forby

Juniors
I have attended games since 1967, have had season tickets for around 40 years. Now due to work commitments Overseas I can only get to 5 or 6 games a season at best. Does this mean I'm not a true fan?
Attendance is not a measure of a true fan, it is what is in your heart!

hindy111

Post Whore
He goes from one club to the next at every new contract. His former club doesnt want him.

Eels > Storm > Warriors > Roosters > Sharks > Panthers...

That's a journeyman... if Maloney was so good and Moylan is so bad then why the f**k is every club in the competition lining up to get Moylan?

Sharks are happy to get rid of this supposedly terrific 5/8th for this supposedly shit one despite the fact Moylan will get alot more than Maloney is on.

His best years are behind him. The clubs he leaves are no better or worse off after he goes. He hasnt developed anyone. We had a player who could have done what Maloney can supposedly do and we sent him packing to the UK. Cleary would have learned far more from partnering Soward last year than he would from partnering Maloney next year.

Maloney WAS a terrific player. But he has never been one to help develop others. The only areas he stood out in this year were missing more tackles per game than any other player and giving away more penalties. We already miss more tackles and concede more penalties than we can cope with. A year with him will be a year where we gain nothing. It holds back development of a long-term 6 and does nothing to help Cleary.

Parra, and storm never wanted him so he went too nz for a chance. Id say he wanted back in NSW so come to Roosters. They then decided they put money elsewhere cause Pierce was the better half. They where wrong.
Maloney was one of NSW better players. He is a winner and stands up in big games. Unlike wallace and soward he has no injury concerns and has had a career virtually injury free. His whole shark team where below average.
Maloney showed no signs of physically slowing up.

TheFrog

Coach
Parra, and storm never wanted him so he went too nz for a chance. Id say he wanted back in NSW so come to Roosters. They then decided they put money elsewhere cause Pierce was the better half. They where wrong.
Maloney was one of NSW better players. He is a winner and stands up in big games. Unlike wallace and soward he has no injury concerns and has had a career virtually injury free. His whole shark team where below average.
Maloney showed no signs of physically slowing up.
Supporters of other clubs talking up Maloney as a Panthers acquisition? Enough to convince me he's a dud.

Cronk on the other hand....

hindy111

Post Whore
Going into this season who would people say are Penrith best players?
I would of wemt Moylan and Cartwright. Who both had disrupted seasons.
Mansour also missed the first half of the season.

So the spine. A rookie spine basically of Cleary,May,Edwards and old man wallace.

Maybe to Penrith fans this is the spine of greatness but too the general footy fan it looks like one of worse spines in the comp. They managed to reel off 8 or 9 wins at season end.

Guys like Chn, Jfh are virtual rookies and also add Yeo,Cartwright,Cleary, May,Edwards,Blake,Dwz,Rcg. That is over 10 players yet to get anywhere near peak.

I dont like Griffin but he has done fine with this squad. Do not get sucked unto the hype of premiership favourites. It is what it is. A team of rookies.

Look at raiders with minimal injuries this season and Ricky the super coach.

hindy111

Post Whore
Supporters of other clubs talking up Maloney as a Panthers acquisition? Enough to convince me he's a dud.

Cronk on the other hand....

People on here think Moylan is gold. He is a great ball player but unproven in halves.
Might be a flop. Also to slow for fullback and defemse is poo so no chance of moving back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.