What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
There's what, four seasons worth of material of Griffin at the Broncos that can be used to judge his ability with attacking structures as well.

Spoiler alert: Broncos fans are not exactly glowing in their praise.

How have they gone since he left? They made a GF but lost it from going too defensive.

I want Brennan to coach but can see why the powers that be would keep Griffin

franklin2323

Immortal
CHN was also pretty poor that last month.

Whare doesnt make our fully fit squad IMO. But if hes fit and Peachey or Whare are busted it's insane not to use him.

If a player like Moylan is 80% fit he's worth the risk... he's a flat out match winner and the alternatives arent close.

Hell even Edwards is worth the risk... hes by far our best fullback.

But risking a busted Blake with a fully fit Whare, a busted Wallace with a fully fit Rein and Katoa.... those are beyond stupid.

We debate between ourselves between those guys and who is better while fully fit. If one of them isnt and the other is... those are low risk decisions.

How can anyone defend choosing Wallace and Blake while injured over experienced options who are fully fit like Whare and Rein?

The difference between them is minimal until you throw an injury in... then it's a landslide victory to the fit player. Rein was carving up for us and then disappears to be behind an injured player in inferior form.

I have said I know former NYC players. Usually the medical staff advise the coach if they can play needled up or if rehab is needed. We don't know and won't know when the injuries were done. What if Blake was needled up BEFORE the Canberra game. Had his best game of the year of course they would risk him. Didn't come off this time but might next

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
How have they gone since he left? They made a GF but lost it from going too defensive.
At the Broncos:

Griffin: 3rd (6th best attack), 8th (9th best attack), 12th (12th best attack), 8th (5th best attack)
Bennett: 2nd (4th best attack), 5th (6th best attack), 3rd (2nd best attack)

Yeah, I think they are surviving without him.

franklin2323

Immortal
At the Broncos:

Griffin: 3rd (6th best attack), 8th (9th best attack), 12th (12th best attack), 8th (5th best attack)
Bennett: 2nd (4th best attack), 5th (6th best attack), 3rd (2nd best attack)

Yeah, I think they are surviving without him.

Surviving but not Dominating. 7 out of 8 of those years finals. 3 of them top finishes and no premierships. 4 or 5 SOO players too I'd say the players aren't that flash.

The same doubts I have over our players too so not a Broncos bash up

franklin2323

Immortal
The excuses franklin comes up with are so ridiculous, he tried to argue that there is no difference in finishing fourth or seventh the other day.

Oh yes my mistake. Parra got knocked out on the Sat night we got knocked out the Friday. A huge difference.

At no stage did they look like a top side either. We are a developing team if you are too simple to realise that then that is your problem

Reactions: Bob

mxlegend99

Referee
Oh yes my mistake. Parra got knocked out on the Sat night we got knocked out the Friday. A huge difference.

At no stage did they look like a top side either. We are a developing team if you are too simple to realise that then that is your problem
I dunno. Putting 50 on the Broncos was impressive. We put 6 on them.

They also challenged the Storm in Week 1 of finals... no other team got close to them.

They were much more impressive than us this year. Had they faced us in the finals they win with ease.

OldPanther

Coach

The Eels played some really good football this year. They looked like genuine contenders at stages. It was nice to watch as a neutral.

betcats

Referee

Except we are getting worse, we are literally going backwards. We've been developing for five years. Have an unbiased look at our performances this year, they didn't get better from last season, we got worse, both the eye test and our stats support that. Our actual results got worse. So how are we developing? Oh that's right are young which means we certain to get better as we age? No because once again we went backwards this year despite getting older.

You call me simple yet you are the one arguing top four finishes don't matter. Tell me who the last team to win a premiership from outside the top four was genius?

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Except we are getting worse, we are literally going backwards. We've been developing for five years. Have an unbiased look at our performances this year, they didn't get better from last season, we got worse, both the eye test and our stats support that. Our actual results got worse. So how are we developing? Oh that's right are young which means we certain to get better as we age? No because once again we went backwards this year despite getting older.

You call me simple yet you are the one arguing top four finishes don't matter. Tell me who the last team to win a premiership from outside the top four was genius?

Finishing Top 4 helps granted but finals are a new competition. We lost a PF in 14 to a team outside top 4. NQ did the same to a top 4 team this year. So finishing top 4 doesn't guarantee anything.

According to some we only made it due to a soft draw and have a coach with no idea. Yet we went a week further then the defending premiers who have a better roster. The same week as the 4th place team so again how did finishing 4th mean anything once you step on the field in Finals

OldPanther

Coach
Finishing Top 4 helps granted but finals are a new competition. We lost a PF in 14 to a team outside top 4. NQ did the same to a top 4 team this year. So finishing top 4 doesn't guarantee anything.

According to some we only made it due to a soft draw and have a coach with no idea. Yet we went a week further then the defending premiers who have a better roster. The same week as the 4th place team so again how did finishing 4th mean anything once you step on the field in Finals

I'd argue we have a better roster than Sharks excluding a couple of players.

mxlegend99

Referee

The defending premiers lost half their spine from their premiership year and Maloney was the worst defender and most penalised player in the competition this year. From 2016 to 2017 3/4 of their spine was inferior.

Their ageing forward pack was a year older also. But hey lets ignore all that. We are better then the 2016 premiers in 2017... obviously we improved to be better than them. Couldmt possibly be them getting worse.

We did not improve. A couple of players got better through natural development. But the team did not improve. We are full.of attacking players yet had the worst attack in the oppisitions 20. The second we got into position for set plays we were the worst team. But hey the coach has nothing to do with that shit. Its just bad luck

franklin2323

Immortal
The defending premiers lost half their spine from their premiership year and Maloney was the worst defender and most penalised player in the competition this year. From 2016 to 2017 3/4 of their spine was inferior.

Their ageing forward pack was a year older also. But hey lets ignore all that. We are better then the 2016 premiers in 2017... obviously we improved to be better than them. Couldmt possibly be them getting worse.

We did not improve. A couple of players got better through natural development. But the team did not improve. We are full.of attacking players yet had the worst attack in the oppisitions 20. The second we got into position for set plays we were the worst team. But hey the coach has nothing to do with that shit. Its just bad luck

Yet we made it as far as the 4th place team. So again what advantage does top 4 get you? Besides getting a week off possibly

OldPanther

Coach
Let me guess those players are experienced? We would be a far better team with a spine a season further developed

I already agreed with you about the age thing. It has to play a part to some degree. How much of the issues is because of that is up for debate. Look at the Eels. Made week 2 convincingly and got beat by a clinical Cowboys. Cowboys with their team smashed by injury make the GF. We limp into the finals and get beat by an out of sorts Broncos because we can't attack in the 20m. We would have been top 4 if they could do it this year. Some of that HAS to be coaching deficiency.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yet we made it as far as the 4th place team. So again what advantage does top 4 get you? Besides getting a week off possibly
You're right. Finishing top 4 has no advantage at all. Why bother trying to finish higher than 8th. Teams below 5th have won so many competitions...

Status
Not open for further replies.