What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I already agreed with you about the age thing. It has to play a part to some degree. How much of the issues is because of that is up for debate. Look at the Eels. Made week 2 convincingly and got beat by a clinical Cowboys. Cowboys with their team smashed by injury make the GF. We limp into the finals and get beat by an out of sorts Broncos because we can't attack in the 20m. We would have been top 4 if they could do it this year. Some of that HAS to be coaching deficiency.

I have said many times Brennan should be our coach but I have doubts over a few players too. Gus has left our roster with little options for the coaching staff. The rookies in key positions left us not being a top 4 side whether the coach or players are up to it. Personally I need to see more of the spine together to judge

franklin2323

Immortal
You're right. Finishing top 4 has no advantage at all. Why bother trying to finish higher than 8th. Teams below 5th have won so many competitions...

When has a bottom 4 team had the best roster? That is the big difference beating 4 teams better then you in a row. Doesn't mean the better team will always win. The same issues we had Parra had soft draw, changes to lineup and inexperience. A position on the ladder doesn't change that

OldPanther

Coach
When has a bottom 4 team had the best roster? That is the big difference beating 4 teams better then you in a row. Doesn't mean the better team will always win. The same issues we had Parra had soft draw, changes to lineup and inexperience. A position on the ladder doesn't change that

It makes a huge difference. They had a similar year to us but made more of it through good football. Top 4 is worth something on it's own as well as the fact no one has won outside the top 4.

franklin2323

Immortal
It makes a huge difference. They had a similar year to us but made more of it through good football. Top 4 is worth something on it's own as well as the fact no one has won outside the top 4.

How much of that is the skill of the squad though? NQ still had SOO players galore injuries stopped them from getting top 4 imo. They also lost 1st week of the finals and won it in 2015 so teams don't need the week off to win it. All depends on the day

OldPanther

Coach
How much of that is the skill of the squad though? NQ still had SOO players galore injuries stopped them from getting top 4 imo. They also lost 1st week of the finals and won it in 2015 so teams don't need the week off to win it. All depends on the day

Need has nothing to do with it. Yes they had players but were as disrupted as anyone. Eels as well yet they could still look like they knew how to play football was my point. Panthers looked like a complete mess surviving on the sheer talent of the individual players.

franklin2323

Immortal
Panthers looked like a complete mess surviving on the sheer talent of the individual players.

I don't disagree with that just the cause is what I am not sure of. 3/4 of our spine seems sorted for the 1st time since I can remember. No Rep games for them means a full off season training together again something we missed between SOO camp and Moylan's injuries. Personally We should be getting a few old heads to make up the squad but that won't happen so youth it is

OldPanther

Coach
I don't disagree with that just the cause is what I am not sure of. 3/4 of our spine seems sorted for the 1st time since I can remember. No Rep games for them means a full off season training together again something we missed between SOO camp and Moylan's injuries. Personally We should be getting a few old heads to make up the squad but that won't happen so youth it is

Let's say your right (I do agree to a degree) will you call the coach into question if nothing improves? Conversely I expect you to want people to give credit?

franklin2323

Immortal
Let's say your right (I do agree to a degree) will you call the coach into question if nothing improves? Conversely I expect you to want people to give credit?

If nothing improves. Gus and Griffin should both go before we lose this window we have with the juniors.

Griffin is pretty clear. May is out until April or so. If Moylan or Cleary pick up even a minor injury we have no backup half. Either uncapped Luani or Bryce back there which is all Gus. At that members forum he whinged at our lack of experience yet 2 seasons later has done nothing to fix it. So I hold him to blame even more then the coach. The coach has injuries etc to get leeway. No excuses for Gus

ashton

Juniors

ABC Capricornia
· 9 October at 14:55 ·

TEENAGE BROTHERS HEAD TOWARDS AN NRL DREAM

Rockhampton's Tom and Ben Farr have been signed by the Penrith Panthers NRL club.

Both boys have signed with the Panthers, despite still being at school at the Cathedral College. 17-year-old Tom heads off at the end of the year, but 16-year-old Ben will wait until he's finished school at the end of 2018.

They played their first football with the Thomson Tigers in Longreach. Ben says that "toughened" them up. Tom says it doesn't matter where you come from, you can get there if you work hard.

You can click on the photo to hear more.

ABC Western Queensland The Cathedral College, Rockhampton

See more
22415019_1825554380791340_4403221001802874880_n.jpg

-PAXP-deijE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts