What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troll dump thread

Woosh

Head Moderator
The thing about Sione is that he is quality. He has the mindset to go off and work on his deficiencies and become a better player- he isn’t going to rest on his laurels.

Another thing to remember is that he’s played wing, centre, fullback and backrow in a very short amount of time. It’s not an easy task for a young player, especially in a team so void of genuine talent and experience as we’ve had the last three years. If Brown is happy to keep him as a backrower, and he is given another offseason to train in the one position and not always get moved around, he has the potential to become one of our first players picked each week.

The only real hurdle he has is concussions.

The reason he has played in different positions is because he was horrendous in the centres.
He was terrible at fullback, now Brown is trying to turn him into a backrow.
He is living off his hype in the juniors.
Base on performances and potential, Sione does not make our starting 13 next season as a backrow.

Sione’s biggest hurdle is that he’s just not that good.

Woosh

Head Moderator
That’s why we will continue to struggle.
Picking local players because they are good people.
Sione’s just not good enough to make our starting 13 next year.
People will continue to make excuses that he’s still young but the fact is his game is very limited.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Absolute rubbish. Everyone is getting a hard on about Fitzys season. The bloke played 3 or 4 good games and he is now part of the 17? Sione had that at 17 years of age. That is not a knock on Fitzy but not expecting a lot from him next year. They will work him out.

Sione is a good player and clearly one the other blokes want on the field given he is captain.

Watch him in a team when there are 4 or 5 threats to contain on the edge with a good spine instead of Plodko shovelling the ball wide to the 1st guy who will take it off him.

He will be in the 17 next year. 21 yo, played for Australia, club captain and being written off? Get real...

We will continue to make excuses for Sione.
The fact is he’s just not very good.
He might be a good bloke doesn’t mean deserve to be in our starting 13.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Sione’s just not good enough.
Not skilful or big enough to play in the backrow.
For the money he is on we could get an Angus Chrichton, Tevita Junior and still have lots of money left over.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I’m talking about what Sione is currently on.
Chrichton, Tevita, Hess and Sione are all 21 years old.
Yet Sione the worst of the lot is the one on the good money.

We will continue to make excuses for Sione though. Oh he’s still young..

Woosh

Head Moderator
Oh of course. Didn't realise 300k was the cutoff for getting a broker...

WTF are you even talking about?
Go apply for a loan tomorrow through a broker and by end of business day at least 15 people would know what your salary is.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Yes I have mate. On my second mortgage. Three things: what you have to put down, what assets they can take if it goes bad, and what income you earn to ensure you can meet payments on the product you choose.

Your point is?

Edit: oh f**k, see post below....

Second mortgage? You bloody baller.

Woosh

Head Moderator
It really depends.
If Brown is going to play Sione at centre next season and beyond then we should’ve kept Pete and kicked Sione to the ESL.
Pete is the better centre and would be on half of what Sione is on.. even with Pete asking for a pay rise.

Woosh

Head Moderator
ESL club pays most of Sione’s contract.
We end up with a better centre and save $$$

Woosh

Head Moderator
I would say Sione was even worst than my friend Dane in defense.
Sione was hopeless with ball in hand as well.
Even his fat bro Pat looked more dangerous than him.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Writing him off is just dumb, i'd train back at centre for the whole off season, he has filled out now, so will be able to handle it so much better this time around.

Case in point, How old was Ross when he finally made it, just takes time, not everyone is Inglis or Mitchell.

Filled out? He’ll be even worst defending in the centres now.
Any player with bit of pace and footwork just ran straight pass him.
It looks good on the stats though..it doesn’t count as a miss tackle haha!
He was absolutely horrendous in the centres.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Name me how many players are fantastic defenders in the backs at the age of 17-18? His body filling out would be great for him, he can work on speed and lateral movement in the off season.

It’s not even about his age.
People will always use his age as an excuse.
The fact is he’s just not very good.
Yes his defense may improve over time, but his attack is just as bad.
He lacks the talent/skills to ever be a threat with ball in hand.

Woosh

Head Moderator
He has never been asked to be flashy, move him to the centres, the rest will take care of itself, he has the talent to do it, get a grip.

What flashy has anything to do with it?
He was a turnstile in defense and did absolutely nothing with the ball.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Well done everyone you let whoosh get under your skin, he is just pot stirring, think about it not a credible bit of thinking other than let me see how many I can suck in with over exagerrated ideas or thoughts.
Gave Sione the full bit because he knows we are at 6 and 7 over him and knew he would get a bite, in this case a very big bite.

Nothing to do with getting a bite.
It’s the off-season and a big talking point for next season is what to do with Sione.
So far no one has put an argument forward why he should be picked except he’s young.
His whole first grade career so far his excuse has been because he’s young.

Woosh

Head Moderator
His try against the Cowboys back in 2015 certainly showed us he has plenty to offer in attack

His defence wasn't great in the centres though. BJ Leilua was very much the same when he played there. As was Laterell Mitchell. Centre is the hardest position to defend in

He once scored a try did he? Make him captain!!
Oh hold on...