What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Swarzey

Bench
Imagine being so critical and bitter towards a bloke who was 18 and not ready for first grade at the time...

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Writing him off is just dumb, i'd train back at centre for the whole off season, he has filled out now, so will be able to handle it so much better this time around.

Case in point, How old was Ross when he finally made it, just takes time, not everyone is Inglis or Mitchell.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Filled out? He’ll be even worst defending in the centres now.
Any player with bit of pace and footwork just ran straight pass him.
It looks good on the stats though..it doesn’t count as a miss tackle haha!
He was absolutely horrendous in the centres.
Name me how many players are fantastic defenders in the backs at the age of 17-18? His body filling out would be great for him, he can work on speed and lateral movement in the off season.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
It’s not even about his age.
People will always use his age as an excuse.
The fact is he’s just not very good.
Yes his defense may improve over time, but his attack is just as bad.
He lacks the talent/skills to ever be a threat with ball in hand.

He has never been asked to be flashy, move him to the centres, the rest will take care of itself, he has the talent to do it, get a grip.

Pedge1971

First Grade
It’s not even about his age.
People will always use his age as an excuse.
The fact is he’s just not very good.
Yes his defense may improve over time, but his attack is just as bad.
He lacks the talent/skills to ever be a threat with ball in hand.

Better judges than you disagree champ. How is the criminal charge coming along?

Old dog

Juniors
Well done everyone you let whoosh get under your skin, he is just pot stirring, think about it not a credible bit of thinking other than let me see how many I can suck in with over exagerrated ideas or thoughts.
Gave Sione the full bit because he knows we are at 6 and 7 over him and knew he would get a bite, in this case a very big bite.

Old dog

Juniors
And the fact he is hated by you, what did they do to you to cause this, ok you don't like him but why, lots of players are not liked by supporters. Coach and selectors surely can't be so wrong that they can't see your point of view. Why do we have this situation where we keep picking him, is it to spite you.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Nothing to do with getting a bite.
It’s the off-season and a big talking point for next season is what to do with Sione.
So far no one has put an argument forward why he should be picked except he’s young.
His whole first grade career so far his excuse has been because he’s young.

My argument would be early last year (2016) when he was playing in the centers I thought he was quite good. In fact from memory the reason Brown moved him to the backrow was so Mata'utia could get more ball. He may have had a few issues in defense but as a young player these can be improved and he was in a terrible team defneding with awful wingers and backrowers.

I remember he had some great moments in defense when in the centres 2016 with some great tackles agaisnt Canberra and a huge hit against Parra that gave us an oppurtunity to win the game (Ross was just held up by Bevan French). He also was decent in attack including a great solo try against the Warriors where he fended off two Warriors defenders. I may be forgetting plenty but I cant think of many huge issues Sione had when playing in the centers

Caped Crusader

Juniors
His try against the Cowboys back in 2015 certainly showed us he has plenty to offer in attack

His defence wasn't great in the centres though. BJ Leilua was very much the same when he played there. As was Laterell Mitchell. Centre is the hardest position to defend in