What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

HarVeeGee

Juniors
KPP is the priority. Above all else. Get him locked in for another four years before he prices himself out of this club. He is 700-800 k a season level already. Massive motor. Great defender. Incredibly strong. Every club in this comp will want a word. The SBW comparisons are pretty accurate.
I’d probably have Leo as the #1 priority just because props are more important, he’s a bit more established, I think he can be elite, and there may be two of him. KPP next.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Hypothetically, if we had an unlimited budget for next year and could sign any player (regardless of contract situation)……I really can’t think of anyone who would turn us into a top 4 team

we obviously need either a tippity top line middle or half…….if we were to sign someone like Cleary or AFB, would it really make us a contender?

Rod

Bench
Cleary, Hughes, Haas, quite a few would do it IMO.

Hell adding someone like DCE would probably do wonders.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Hypothetically, if we had an unlimited budget for next year and could sign any player (regardless of contract situation)……I really can’t think of anyone who would turn us into a top 4 team

we obviously need either a tippity top line middle or half…….if we were to sign someone like Cleary or AFB, would it really make us a contender?
If we could sign any player (regardless of price) to turn us into a premiership contender I would look at DCE, AFB or Harry Grant. All three of these guys would make a massive difference to how we perform on a weekly basis.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
1. Cleary
2. Ponga
3. Haas
4. Carrigan
5. Munster
6. Fisher-Harris
7. DCE
8. Grant
9. To’o
10. Tommy Turbo

For me, these are the ten best players in the comp right now. All guys who bring physical dominance & ability to win field position, a proven ability to consistently be the difference in tight games, or a combination of both traits. Any of them would add heaps to our side if we had them in addition to Ponga, probably makes us top four. It’s not even debateable. The one side which has multiple top ten players which doesn’t make the top four routinely, it’s because Tommy T gets injured all the time (and also they have a lot of weaknesses due to having like 9 players on huge money and 8 reserve graders every game).

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Is Carrigan really that good? I’d have him on par with Cam Murray. Good player no doubt but not absolute top tier. He’s behind Walsh, Reynolds and Haas in terms of importance for the Broncos imo.

Is Carrigan really that good? I’d have him on par with Cam Murray. Good player no doubt but not absolute top tier. He’s behind Walsh, Reynolds and Haas in terms of importance for the Broncos imo.
Reynolds makes a team play better, Haas same . Carrigan same

Walsh plays great in a great team. Immaculate taste in handbags, amazing nail polish and sculpted eye brows - very marketable and I can understand why FOX push their marque footy employee.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Carrigan’s been the best player in the comp this year & pretty much carried their whole pack in the period Haas was out. He averages 193 run metres and 37 tackles per game and he’s not stat padding, these are hard runs and hard tackles that impact the game and win them a physical ascendancy. Watch how much he stands out even in Origin. While his ball playing is a notch below other passing middles like Murray and Radley, he attracts so much defensive attention when he engages the line that he creates more space outside him for those other guys anyway.

Cam Murray is a fine player but has been really struggling while his bigger forwards haven’t been playing well and hasn’t been a lot more than a low-impact tacklebot this. Doesn’t have the stature or the athleticism to make the kind of difference Carrigan can. Definitely at his best capitalising on existing go forward. Also reckon refs are more keyed into his fraudulent quick play the balls now and not rewarding them as much.

Walsh is insanely talented but he wouldn’t get away with a lot of the shit he does if he wasn’t in such a dominant team. I also think the gap between him and Mam as players isn’t that big and Walsh gets to play with extra space compared to other fullbacks because Ezra is the most dangerous running half in the comp.

macavity

Referee

Best forward in the game. Haas is second, JFH third.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Representative centre Dane Gagai is in the final stages of weighing up a decision to leave the Knights for the Sydney Roosters.

The 275-game veteran has received a two-year offer from the Roosters to move to Bondi next season.

The Knights have offered a one-year deal with the potential option for a second year.

Gagai is mulling over the move to Sydney and the impact on his young family.

The 33-year-old remains one of the elite outside backs in the NRL and the Roosters view Gagai as an ideal solution to the loss of Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii, Joey Manu, Daniel Tupou and Michael Jennings at the end of this season.

He also shares a strong connection with former Knights teammate and current Roosters winger Dominic Young.
It’s anticipated Gagai will inform his management in the coming days of his decision.

Woody90

Juniors

Apey

Staff member
Seems like he is going to me. Roosters obviously have a better chance at a Premiership and I'm betting they're offering more money regardless of what will be registered.

I want to keep him but I certainly don't want to be forking out serious $$ for a player his age that could seriously decline at any moment.

Latest posts