What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Grant quits....

BuffaloRules

Coach
Did I enjoy the Sharks going to SL ,watching our fans being ripped apart FFS? Bearing in mind the Sharks were SL's last resort to join,as St George would not join.They wanted a Southern franchise, and the sharks were nit their first intent.

The Shark also had been in since 1967,the Reds a matter of months.A hell of a difference.

Like getting invited to a 21st party accepting,then the next day telling the host to p*ss off, you have a better offer.

The Reds actually decided to jump ship prior to playing their first game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I watched the SL reds play in Sheffield lol

The reds board had their reasons, like the sharks and the other clubs. it fcked the game in the West for two decades plus, strange RL fans that would take pleasure in that.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Did I enjoy the Sharks going to SL ,watching our fans being ripped apart FFS? Bearing in mind the Sharks were SL's last resort to join,as St George would not join.They wanted a Southern franchise, and the sharks were nit their first intent.

The Shark also had been in since 1967,the Reds a matter of months.A hell of a difference.

Like getting invited to a 21st party accepting,then the next day telling the host to p*ss off, you have a better offer.

WRONG.

Sharks were signed on the first day.

taipan

Referee
WRONG.

Sharks were signed on the first day.

Wrong.The so called" first " day is irrelevant.The Dragons were the SL's first priority,.That is a well known fact,ask Roy Masters.I attended the meeting at the Leagues club, with all the dramas and,Gow, Ribot and Mal's comment about "what has the game done for me."
SL wanted the much higher profile ,bigger fan ,better financed ATT,based St George to represent a Southern Franchise.Penrith also was not a priority signing at the beginning.Duiscussions were ongoing well before the final sign up dates of those who actually did.If the Dragons had agreed initially, there would be no Sharks.
The Sharks pushed to get in the SLbecause the club was in a financial sh*tter's ditch.The irony of it all ,despite my dislike for SL,it ended up saving the club.In fact the Sharks were in the ARL's firing line to be relocated at one stage, with their financial history.
And our whiny mate from the west quotes wiki ,without checking the full undercurrent.Typical.I am fully aware who signed up for SL ,just as i'm full aware of Ribot/SLs preferences,in the end took the leftovers if you will.

We had been in existent since 67 ,the Reds for a couple of months LOL.And PR is playing the pompous act.
I was at the meeting ,attended the first SL game at the SFS against Canberra,and you(one who was probably nibbling on kippers) guys are telling me how to suck eggs LOL.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
those dirty whores

632957_v1.jpg

Canard

Immortal
i thought the 'big 4' didn't sign with SL hence all the controversy.

No they were the one of first signed and used in SL ads and promotions. Then they all switched back to the ARL/Parramatta.

Ill never get how they are still heroes at the Dogs yet all defected to their arch rival.

Life's Good

Coach
No they were the one of first signed and used in SL ads and promotions. Then they all switched back to the ARL/Parramatta.

Ill never get how they are still heroes at the Dogs yet all defected to their arch rival.
Bulldogs ‘Kulcha’ runs deep apparently.

Brutus

Referee
Norths died in the big league because they went with the ARL.

Had the opportunity to sign with SL.

If only it didn't rain at Gosford and if Manly didn't arse rape them. It was a tragedy what happened to the Bears.

If they had fans turn up to games perhaps they'd have survived

They didn't meet the criterion therefore they were cut, manly tried to save them but they tried to white ant manly while not paying for the stadium they were to buy

Thus they died and should never be allowed in North Sydney nor Gosford, they should buy the gold coast