What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Pommy

Coach
Weather permitting the England v Lebanon game will draw 25000 plus? Got a feeling a fair few poms , Lebanese and neutrals will go to this game.

I haven’t high hopes for number of Pom fans at the game to be honest.
It’s such a minor game at home and anyone who has been converted living here probably has the same apathy as your average Aussie fan.

hutch

First Grade
Weather permitting the England v Lebanon game will draw 25000 plus? Got a feeling a fair few poms , Lebanese and neutrals will go to this game.

I would love this to be true, but I think it will get around 10k and haven’t seen any evidence to suggest it will get more. I hope I’m proven wrong though!

I haven’t high hopes for number of Pom fans at the game to be honest.
It’s such a minor game at home and anyone who has been converted living here probably has the same apathy as your average Aussie fan.
Yeah after all it is just historically the second largest spectator sport in England. With crowds of 100,000 in two different English cities, including the capital. Tiny.

1992 saw 10,000 English RL fans in Australia for the Lions Tour. The difference was then a long term fixed schedule of 4 year tours and recent success in the 1990 Test series in England (albeit not a winning series). This predates cricket's Barmy Army in Australia too.

insert.pause

First Grade
I will be absolutely amazed if there's more than 15k to either Canberra or SFS, but especially the SFS, which couldn't even get 20k for a couple of NRL finals but suddenly 20k+ are going to waltz in for ENG v lebanese? I think some of you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

adamkungl

Immortal
I will be absolutely amazed if there's more than 15k to either Canberra or SFS, but especially the SFS, which couldn't even get 20k for a couple of NRL finals but suddenly 20k+ are going to waltz in for ENG v lebanese? I think some of you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Last week's reality check wore off quickly

Burns

First Grade
Looks like coldest day in yonks and rain for Sydney tomorrow, there goes your walk up crowd.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
I just got an email from the RLWC website saying their are still great seats available for all second round clashes....hmmmmmmmmmmm not good signs

Burns

First Grade
I just got an email from the RLWC website saying their are still great seats available for all second round clashes....hmmmmmmmmmmm not good signs
Well, I guess that wouldn’t specify which games had seats/which ones didn’t. PNG won’t have seats available etc.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
There is still a lot of negative attitude towards Australia winning everything, the "why bother?" Attitude.

Which is funny because I don't remember similar things when the Aussie cricket team was all conquering or Ian Thorpe was guarenteed a gold in 400m Olympics freestyle. Really is a strange attitude.

True mate - All Blacks (RU) and Team USA (Basketball) are utterly dominant and it doesn't affect the sport one bit. It shouldn't matter.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
On the radio just now they have said all accommodation in the Hamilton central is booked out for tomorrows games. A lot of fans in the city already.

Also a lot talk about few brawls that have been happening between supporters....tomorrows game will be interesting...

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
On the radio just now they have said all accommodation in the Hamilton central is booked out for tomorrows games. A lot of fans in the city already.

Also a lot talk about few brawls that have been happening between supporters....tomorrows game will be interesting...
How big is the Hamilton stadium ? What's it hold ?.

Springs09

Juniors
Did I say that? You said Australia doesn't support Int RL. As far as I am aware, Brisbane remains in Australia, you dunce.

No I didn't. You said Sydney was underwhelming for internationals. I said it was only underwhelming for Australian games and it supports minnow nations better than anywhere else and even then, it is second in support for Australian games only behind Brisbane.

Didn't take long to be reminded of the brilliant minds of LU.

Latest posts