What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

morningstar

Juniors
Hope I'm not stepping on any bodies toes in the NRL forum, but been inspired by Jim from Oz's post to start a specific crowd watch thread where we can keep running tally of PAX numbers, articles and opinions on potential crowds for the world cup.

So far we have....

Final - Suncorp Stadium - PAX 11,368 - source Perth Red

Aus v England - AAMI Park - PAX 5,932 - source uksouthsfan

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Great – well done morningstar!

Updates:

Aus v France - Canberra - PAX 1900 - source Copa

Jim from Oz

Juniors
More updates (thanks to Copa posting on totalrl.com):

Fiji v Italy - Canberra - PAX 360 - source Copa

Lebanon v France - Canberra - PAX 290 - source Copa

From all this it looks like we have a LONG way to go to even get close to the 450,000 target.

Burns

First Grade
It's ages away, majority of tickets will sell the week before, week of the games.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
From NZRL last week:

Kia ora Koutou! Hope you are all well. Here is a general update for you all regarding RLWC2017.

RLWC2017 Club Ticket Sales Promotion:

Before the end of June we will be phasing in a RLWC club ticket sales competition, to encourage the Rugby League Community to get along to the World Cup!

·RLWC2017 will be reserving Category C bays in the stadium specifically for the Rugby League Community, where clubs can sit together in their club colours

·Clubs will be able to secure seats for all the pool matches at the best price available: $10 Child, $20 Adult, $45 family

·Process: Clubs will register for the promotion, and nominate club contact(s) that will drive ticket sales; For every 50 tickets sold they will receive a family pass.

·The club that sells the most tickets will win a $1500 cash grant. All clubs that sell a minimum of 50 tickets will go into the draw to win another $1500 cash grant.

·Promotional Items will be provided to clubs to assist with selling tickets.

·Clubs will have 6 weeks to sell tickets from July 1. Competition Deadline is Saturday 15 August.

This opportunity will be open to all Rugby League clubs in New Zealand. The details for this promotion are being finalised at the moment – expect more info to come in the next week or so. If you’re keen though, please get in touch!

General Update:

·General Awareness for RLWC2017 has grown in May, as a result of the increased publicity of the tournament following the International Test Weekend.

·RLWC2017 Volunteer Interviews were finished in early May, and most positions have been finalised by our RLWC2017 Workforce Team – if you applied and were successful, Congratulations! There was great turn out from Rugby League community so that was great to see.

·Community Engagement proposals were submitted by each Host City Working Group, which were presented to the teams in early May. These plans are still to be finalised, and we will provide an update on this when we can. Team Engagement is limited to the Host Cities during the tournament.

·Ticket sales showed a slight increase in May after the test weekend, but we expect a big spike from July onwards after the Lions depart. Our marketing activity will increase from July onwards, and even more so as the tournament nears.

RLWC2017 Education Resource Update:

·RLWC2017 Education Resource: New Competition was launched in April to encourage schools to sign up for the Education Resource.

·All schools that register before the end of Term 2 go into “Win a chance to run out on the field with the teams at each game of the RLWC2017.” More info: http://www.rlwc2017.com/walk-worlds-best-nz

·We are planning a Media/PR Op in Auckland with a current Kiwi player, to encourage more registrations before the end of Term 2.

·We are currently sitting at 350+ schools registered, working towards a goal of 750 schools across NZ. The competition will be drawn at the end of July, at the start of term 3.

Media/PR Update:

·RLWC2017 TV Commercial has now been re-shot featuring Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Isaac Luke and Simon Mannering. This has started airing before, during and after each of the Warriors games on Sky Sport; and is also available on our social channels.

·RLWC2017 Media Op held at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland on May 26 with David Kidwell and Wayne Bennett – Announcement of annual mid-season fixture between Kiwis and England from 2018 onwards. http://bit.ly/2sFO1Lv

·RLWC2017 Media Op held in Christchurch with David Kidwell at Leslie Park (Hornby RL Club), promoting Christchurch City Council’s $1 million upgrade of Rugby League facilities in Christchurch as part of the RLWC2017 Legacy Programme http://bit.ly/2shSQNV

Upcoming Events:

·July 19: 100 Days to go to RLWC2017.

·We have the RLWC Trophy in New Zealand from the end of August through to September. A Trophy tour has been planned and we will try and cover as many centres as possible.

·Activations at: ARL Gala Days, NZ Warriors games, NZ Maori RL Tournaments, District & NZRL Tournaments.

Billythekid

First Grade
More updates (thanks to Copa posting on totalrl.com):

Fiji v Italy - Canberra - PAX 360 - source Copa

Lebanon v France - Canberra - PAX 290 - source Copa

From all this it looks like we have a LONG way to go to even get close to the 450,000 target.

We still haven't finished origin yet and the whole NRL season is yet to come. It's hardly surprising that ticket sales would be slow. Not that I'm at all optimistic of reaching that target but it's too early to tell anything at this point.

thorson1987

Coach
Haven't got my tickets for the Aus v lebanese and Eng v lebanese games yet.

Bought them when they first went on sale too.

Coastbloke

Bench
Definitely interested in the figures for Australia v France in Canberra and England v France in Perth. Hoping to go to the latter.

Golden point

Juniors
Definitely interested in the figures for Australia v France in Canberra and England v France in Perth. Hoping to go to the latter.
There are a lot of Englishmen in perth so it is a very smart to allocate this fixture there. Should be a good atmosphere regardless of crowd size.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd expect around 15k for the Perth England game. They are basing themselves here so I'd expect plenty of media and awareness of them playing here which may push it close to capacity. I'll be dragging along all my pommie mates lol

They've created a euro fan zone at the shed end which is $30 ticket with a free flag, should create a good atmosphere at that end!

DlEHARD

Juniors
I got my tickets for the Final and Semi in Brisbane in the mail. I was pleased to see them because I bought them in November(?) last year. Good to see them start sending them out. Getting real paper tickets in the mail makes the tournament feel like it is starting to become real.

My PAX numbers are so low compared to one shared, so not really helpful to share.

I will be buying up more tickets to matches of less demand later.

And, can I suggest that us Internationalists should try to meet up for drinks before every World Cup match. Who is keen?

thorson1987

Coach
I got my tickets for the Final and Semi in Brisbane in the mail. I was pleased to see them because I bought them in November(?) last year. Good to see them start sending them out. Getting real paper tickets in the mail makes the tournament feel like it is starting to become real.

My PAX numbers are so low compared to one shared, so not really helpful to share.

I will be buying up more tickets to matches of less demand later.

And, can I suggest that us Internationalists should try to meet up for drinks before every World Cup match. Who is keen?

Hopefully I get mine soon. Bought them as soon as they went on sale.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Quarter Final 2 - Christchurch - Pax 1,442
Cor blimey … I hope things start to pick up soon … !

Mind you, with Q/Fs and S/Fs, the teams aren't known, so it's a hard sell.

if all went according to plan/seedings, who would be in the Christchurch semi?

morningstar

Juniors
Cor blimey … I hope things start to pick up soon … !

Mind you, with Q/Fs and S/Fs, the teams aren't known, so it's a hard sell.

if all went according to plan/seedings, who would be in the Christchurch semi?

Group B runner up vs Group D winner. So Samoa v Fiji if form holds up.

morningstar

Juniors
Got some more Christchurch tickets today. These were ordered early in the year so not current.

Group B - New Zealand v Scotland - Christchurch - PAX 2059.

Remember AMI Stadium is only 18,000 capacity so 10% sales this far out isn't that bad.

morningstar

Juniors
I reckon Scotland have to rate themselves a chance of finishing over Samoa
I'd like to think so too, but they have a prick of a travelling schedule and the last time they played in the Queensland heat the european lads melted and they got belted by Tonga.

thorson1987

Coach
Got my tickets for the Sydney games today (purchased the day tickets were released).

PAX for both games 19

Latest posts