What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Most international fans don’t even want the kangaroos to win (myself included). Most rugby league fans in Australia don’t care that much about international rugby league. I don’t know why this is so but it is even more evident now than ever. I have four tickets to next week aus v lebanese game and am struggling for takers. My mates are lifelong RL fans, some have played professionally and have no interest in going. It’s sad.

That's what happens when all you talk about all year is a competition between two states.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Christchurch looks great. Even the broadcast side filled out a little bit, particularly towards one end. For what was always going to be a lapping, it's a solid turnout.

Seem to keep filling right through the game, not sure why the delay for getting in?

Perth Red

Post Whore
the way this world cup is running
there'll be no future test venues , no one appears interested in them , in Australia.

Same old same old, poor marketing means we don't attract the non rl community, and rl fans here are apathetic about the game.

In Perth there are 200k English born residents, another 500k with English ancestry and around 30k rugby league fans from Australia and other places. It shouldn't be hard to fill a 20k stadium but we'll be lucky to get 10k at nib I suspect. There has been very little targeted marketing here, you reap what you sow!

ah...
any forum you enters collective IQ drops as soon as you show up
& rises again as soon as you leave

you are a serial embarrasment : )
At least I can spell three letter words.

Cat
Sat
Mat

One day you might be able to and they'll let you graduate kindergarten. Or at least move out of the "special" class.

taipan

Referee
Best per game preamble I've seen in just about any contest including RWCs,atmosphere Hamilton A plus ,game a high standard.The RLWC knockers can well and truly get knotted.
These two never fail to put on a decent contest.
Scotland a waste of space ,but all the others are at least putting in to varying degrees.The crowds are not as bad as some expected ,yes a couple of 5,000 cringes.Get on with it, enjoy it,.and Raider Dave keep sucking those lemons.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Best per game preamble I've seen in just about any contest including RWCs,atmosphere Hamilton A plus ,game a high standard.The RLWC knockers can well and truly get knotted.
These two died never fail to put on a decent contest.
Scotland a waste of space ,but all the others are at least putting in to varying degrees.The crowds are not as bad as some expected ,yes a couple of 5,000 cringes.Get on with it, enjoy it,.and Raider Dave keep sucking those lemons.

keep dropping the truth bombs to the deluded fools in here ya mean ?
the game at the international level is sick
very unwell
we have gone from 2 , 35K plus pool game crowds in the 2008 world cup to zero in 2017
meaning the game at the international level has slipped backwards in the games biggest nation.

Im thinking Australia needs to be left off the hosting rights for a very , very long time
until we appreciate the game at this level again

you're still the forum f**kwit though aren;t ya lol
just can't shake the tag : )
Says the real forum f**kwit. I guess trying to offload that tag is exactly the kind of thing an illiterate tard who slanders the sport like a union troll and sooks because Canberra has embarrassed the entire game would say. Totally transparent though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
people talk & read about what interests them idiot
you can't manufacture interest

Ohh look,at you all brave calling names from behind a keyboard! Why don't you f**k off and watch aleague or something if your not enjoying this great rugby league tournament?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Same old same old, poor marketing means we don't attract the non rl community, and rl fans here are apathetic about the game.

In Perth there are 200k English born residents, another 500k with English ancestry and around 30k rugby league fans from Australia and other places. It shouldn't be hard to fill a 20k stadium but we'll be lucky to get 10k at nib I suspect. There has been very little targeted marketing here, you reap what you sow!
im sorry
but in most peoples minds , you can't polish a turd
its NRL light for most people
thats the perception , & you can tell people till you're blue in the face other sports do the same thing etc
thats all they see

Raiderdave

First Grade
Ohh look,at you all brave calling names from behind a keyboard! Why don't you f**k off and watch aleague or something if your not enjoying this great rugby league tournament?

I am enjoying it
I enjoy any , all , RL
Im not arrogant enough to tell people theyre obsessed with Origin & need to pay less attention to that & more attention to how Spains developing or Peru