What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your RD 1 2018 line up

mxlegend99

Referee
Well, you'd hope the club compared the two in some way, because we just sanctioned a straight swap of them.
Its silly to compare try and linebreak assists between the players we traded.

Lets compare kick metres instead. Because kick metres are apparently a better representation of a players playmaking abiluty than try assists or linebreak assists.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Its silly to compare try and linebreak assists between the players we traded.

Lets compare kick metres instead. Because kick metres are apparently a better representation of a players playmaking abiluty than try assists or linebreak assists.

I’m talking the Players over all... I personally wouldn’t be comparing stats at all, they don’t give you a clear picture of the players performance.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think they get Piss. I also think they'll be a LOCK for top 4, while we scrape for the 8
They might be looking at pissing off Townsend....

1. Holmes / Dugan
6. Moylan
7. Pearce
9. Brailey / Segs

Moylan at fullback would be hilarious considering they have 2 better fullbacks.

OldPanther

Coach
What’s your point? It sux Moyza ditched us? Yes it does. No point dwelling on it.

It was one part of a larger comment and it was used as a descriptive device to explain my feeling towards it.

The entire comment:

"Moylan is easily the better ball player. I will miss those silky hands. It feels like Fittler all over again.

Edit: For me it's not that Moylan is bad I just think Maloney isn't either. Though I hate that we lost Moylan we can't change it now."

mxlegend99

Referee
I’m talking the Players over all... I personally wouldn’t be comparing stats at all, they don’t give you a clear picture of the players performance.
But premierships do?

Moylan was the form player at the back end of 2016. He was just in an average team.

So many average players have lucked into premierships over the years. Comparing individual players form and stats is more relevant than where a TEAM finished in the premiership.

Shane Flagan is a premiership winning coach. He thinks Moylan is worth $900k+ a season and Maloney isnt worth more than $500k per season.

Although even coaches opinions don't matter. 16 different coaches could have 16 different opinions.

mxlegend99

Referee
Why do you follow the Panthers? I’m at a loss.
I think we are a fringe top 8 team aswell. What does giving an honest assessment of a teams ability have to do with loving the team?

I think we have a weaker team for 2018. But even if we had the wooden spoon side it wouldnt change how I feel. I would love this club. I would want them to be better.

We are ALL supporters in here. That want the best from the club I assume. Dont go talking shit about other supporters for having a different opinion on what is best.

At the end of the day anything is possible for 2018 and no one is right or wrong yet. Maloney asnd Moylan could both do their ACLs in Round 1 and make this whole f**king thing pointless. Or they could both go on to lead their teams to the grand final... in which case the debate would be more interesting but win or lose i think we're all happy anyway.

We all love the Panthers. We all hate seeing them lose. Its one thing to debate decisions we make. But trying to act like as better supporter is a load of shit. It can easily be argued either way.

OldPanther

Coach
I think we are a fringe top 8 team aswell. What does giving an honest assessment of a teams ability have to do with loving the team?

I think we have a weaker team for 2018. But even if we had the wooden spoon side it wouldnt change how I feel. I would love this club. I would want them to be better.

We are ALL supporters in here. That want the best from the club I assume. Dont go talking shit about other supporters for having a different opinion on what is best.

At the end of the day anything is possible for 2018 and no one is right or wrong yet. Maloney asnd Moylan could both do their ACLs in Round 1 and make this whole f**king thing pointless. Or they could both go on to lead their teams to the grand final... in which case the debate would be more interesting but win or lose i think we're all happy anyway.

We all love the Panthers. We all hate seeing them lose. Its one thing to debate decisions we make. But trying to act like as better supporter is a load of shit. It can easily be argued either way.

This post brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
But premierships do?

Moylan was the form player at the back end of 2016. He was just in an average team.

So many average players have lucked into premierships over the years. Comparing individual players form and stats is more relevant than where a TEAM finished in the premiership.

Shane Flagan is a premiership winning coach. He thinks Moylan is worth $900k+ a season and Maloney isnt worth more than $500k per season.

Although even coaches opinions don't matter. 16 different coaches could have 16 different opinions.

But it all means nothing because Moylan doesn’t want to be a Panther, so, Gus replaces him with the best man he can get, which, I agree, sux, Moylan was my favourite player and will one day be a gun player. My point is, for the next season or two, Maloney swapping for Moyza doesn’t weaken the team. That’s just my opinion, throw all the states at me you like.

Jimmy has a reputation for playing like a jet the 1st season after he switches clubs and I’m looking forward to that.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
100% MX. I've never questioned someone elses love for the club or told them to leave this forum. Weak as piss imo

Oh stop it, I never told you to leave the forum, I just very rarely see you post anything positive and you have a Cronulla player as an Avatar (which is actually weak as piss)

I guess I don’t understand why you do it to yourself. I never told you to go follow anyone else or leave the forum, you are being a bit dramatic.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I never claimed to be a better supporter and I agree that it way to close to call in the Moylan v Maloney debate.

But, Moylan left, and we have Jimmy. So go Jimmy, rip in and hopefully we have a cracking season.

As for Moyza, I hope he rips in and plays well enough to force his way into the blues No.6.

No point sooking, just look at the positives a bit harder.

mxlegend99

Referee
I never claimed to be a better supporter and I agree that it way to close to call in the Moylan v Maloney debate.

But, Moylan left, and we have Jimmy. So go Jimmy, rip in and hopefully we have a cracking season.

As for Moyza, I hope he rips in and plays well enough to force his way into the blues No.6.

No point sooking, just look at the positives a bit harder.
We dont have jimmy yet.

It would be very Panthers to f**k it up and lose him through some technicality through third party deals.

Obviously we more than likely have him. But at the moment neither asre Panthers.

OldPanther

Coach
We dont have jimmy yet.

It would be very Panthers to f**k it up and lose him through some technicality through third party deals.

Obviously we more than likely have him. But at the moment neither asre Panthers.

This is worrying. There's no word at all. Not even an "expect word in a few days" that often happens in the media.

Latest posts