What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
Why would we lose Guth? Even you don't believe that will happen. In fact you were taking the piss out of a shit sporting news article about that very topic:

Why would we lose guth? We could lose any player, guth was just an example.

You honestly think Hayne will take a 400k paycut to play at the eels? That only happens at the roosters or the broncos.

Unless the titans are willing to pay 600k for Hayne to play elsewhere (unlikely), he won’t be a feasible option under the salary cap. Unless of course we are willing to shed a player or two.

IFR33K

Coach
Are you The Lurker? Or just believe his faceless pathetic dribble?

Do you really think BA would get rid of literally his favourite player in our team, our best trainer, the embodiment of a BA developed player? Umm... NO!

Oh dear...

Noise

Coach
Was a freak. People are underestimating what the two years out of the game have done to Hayne.

He’s nowhere near as quick or agile. Looks completely uninterested.

Hayne played 17 games this year and scored 8 tries, 8 line breaks, 9 line break assists
Jennings played 21 games this year and scored 9 tries, 11 line breaks, 4 line break assists.

Id say Hayne's attacking stats are as good or better than Jennings (and this is ina year where Hayne was supposedly shit and Jennings was awesome).

Noise

Coach

You honestly think Hayne will take a 400k paycut to play at the eels? That only happens at the roosters or the broncos.

Unless the titans are willing to pay 600k for Hayne to play elsewhere (unlikely), he won’t be a feasible option under the salary cap. Unless of course we are willing to shed a player or two.

We won't lose any player Arthur wants to keep

Gronk

Staff member
Hayne played 17 games this year and scored 8 tries, 8 line breaks, 9 line break assists
Jennings played 21 games this year and scored 9 tries, 11 line breaks, 4 line break assists.

Id say Hayne's attacking stats are as good or better than Jennings (and this is ina year where Hayne was supposedly shit and Jennings was awesome).

Yes at the right price he would be the right man for Taka's spot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I can't see Hayne taking a pay cut (or at least much of one) just to come back to Sydney. Though if coming to Sydney for less money is an option for him, there would be plenty of clubs willing to stump up some cash. Probably some willing to pay more than us.

If the Titans agreed to let him go it would be to create cap space. I'm sure they would offer him some sort of payout but I wouldn't expect it would be anything like half a million.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I like your point, but I reckon Jennings was awesome this year because of his defence. He was beastly this year.

IFR33K

Coach

Yeah because a players stats are the be all and end all.

Bazal

Post Whore

Hayne is a better attacking player than Jennings. The stats simply back that up.

Of course, you have no counter-argument to the stats, which is why you've replied the way you have.

Jennings might be better if he wasn't a f**king hog

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Defence is the majority of what centres do anyway. Jennings attempted 408 tackles this year but only made 219 runs. Meanwhile Hayne made the same number of runs (in six fewer games) but only 167 tackles. Obviously he played 12 of his 17 games at fullback.

In his five games at centre Hayne's stats looked like:
10.2 runs per game
11 attempted tackles per game (9 tackles, 2 missed)

He probably played some minutes at fullback in these games as well, which would increase his runs and reduce his tackles.

In 23 games Jennings was all like:
9.5 runs per game
17.7 attempted tackles (15.4 tackles, 2.3 missed)

Great attacking players are largely wasted at centre. This is why I'd have Hayne on the wing.

Here's Radradra's numbers this year:
13.7 runs per game
5.7 attempted tackles per game (4.2 tackles, 1.5 missed)

Noise

Coach

How else can we determine if Hayne has lost a Heap of speed and agility as you suggest? Unless we have his 40m sprint and agility times I reckon his ability to break the line and score tries is the next best indicator? What are you basing you claims on?

IFR33K

Coach
Hayne is a better attacking player than Jennings. The stats simply back that up.

Of course, you have no counter-argument to the stats, which is why you've replied the way you have.

The argument wasn’t who’s a better attacking player. It’s who’s a better attacking centre. As a centre I’ll take Jennings. If I needed a fullback or winger, I’d choose Hayne.

I’d love nothing more then to see a fit and firing Hayne in eels colours next year. But when you consider our squad, his price, although we are guessing and his form, it’s not a simple yes from me.

IFR33K

Coach
How else can we determine if Hayne has lost a Heap of speed and agility as you suggest? Unless we have his 40m sprint and agility times I reckon his ability to break the line and score tries is the next best indicator? What are you basing you claims on?

Not looking at stats, but I’m sure Hayne played games at fullback too. A position where he would probably get more attacking opportunities.

Noise

Coach
so anyone who doesnt think we should bring hayne back just has a personal grudge against him?

Bazal was referring to the claim made by ifreak that Jennings is a much better attacking player than Hayne yet refused to believe the stats that indicate otherwise.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Jennings is way better defensively, though.

strider

Post Whore
Bazal was referring to the claim made by ifreak that Jennings is a much better attacking player than Hayne yet refused to believe the stats that indicate otherwise.
Well Baz actually said ...

The way Hayne personally spurned him as a fan of an organisation, I suppose

I don't think stats can split em in attack .... and tbh I think comparing their stats is a bit pointless as they are different types of player

I think jennings out-did my expectations this season - I thought he was on the downward career slide, but he had a great year .... and yes a fair part of that was his great defense

As for jarryd, I expect more from him .... stats are so little of why I don't want him back - I have massive fears he will upset our more settled squad - I'm concerned he still thinks he is elite and he is not - I'm concerned he will be upset he is not on elite money in year 2 of the deal - I'm concerned his mind will wander if things don't go well and it will cause disruptions .... the way EVERYTHING has gone since he signed with the Titans is an absolute debacle - and I think Hayne needs to take alot of responsibility for that

Bazal

Post Whore
Well Baz actually said ...

I don't think stats can split em in attack .... and tbh I think comparing their stats is a bit pointless as they are different types of player

I think jennings out-did my expectations this season - I thought he was on the downward career slide, but he had a great year .... and yes a fair part of that was his great defense

As for jarryd, I expect more from him .... stats are so little of why I don't want him back - I have massive fears he will upset our more settled squad - I'm concerned he still thinks he is elite and he is not - I'm concerned he will be upset he is not on elite money in year 2 of the deal - I'm concerned his mind will wander if things don't go well and it will cause disruptions .... the way EVERYTHING has gone since he signed with the Titans is an absolute debacle - and I think Hayne needs to take alot of responsibility for that

Mate, did you read what I said that on response to?

Ultimately I do think a large amount of people who do this want him back do have a grudge against him. Not all, mind you. But a lot absolutely do. And IN THIS INSTANCE I believe that to be the case based on what unfolded and the attitude a particular poster took when presented with evidence that showed his claims might not be true