What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GongPanther

Referee
According to my source within the club (a very minor underling in administration, but you know what workplaces are like), Tamou's contract is around 400k but should be much more due to his professionalism and effect he has on the team. I won't type the stuff I've heard about MM, suffice to say, most are glad to see the back of him.

Moylan has left a bitter taste in my mouth by choosing not to play in the semis.And it makes you think if coach Cleary's sacking had anything to do with Moylan a-la Hayne?

OldPanther

Coach
Looks a decent squad next season. Get behind ypur team ffs and cheer them on.
Sure you lost Moylan. He played like a cat anyhows. Simply soft.
Maloney plays tough. He ay miss tackles but he puts in. Moylan fairy grabs.

Moylan didn't play like a cat.

GongPanther

Referee
I stand by every word.

The 'real' fans I refer too wouldn't waste there time coming on here to read the drivell promoted by the whingers and smart arses.

Seriously, this forum cannot possibly go any lower.

Some of the crap promoted on here by the doom and gloom brigade is beyond belief.
Imagine a pub in Penrith with drinkers who carried on like some of the malcontents in here.The next round of drinks,the barman would serve them Pims & Lemonade and/or Baileys.

hindy111

Post Whore
Moylan didn't play like a cat.

A few times when one on one he would just get out of the way or stick arm out. Compare him to Bevan French who is smaller he would put everything he could into saving a try. Even Fitler called him out as an area must improve.
Moylans ball skills are best in comp. He falls short in other areas. And plays sideways. Maloney will straighten up the attack.
Even if decline Maloney will be a good honest half.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I was pleased we signed him. But some dickheads in here are trying to use this as some sort of proof the players love the coach

Some players will. Some will just love the club and the teammates they grew up with. If Hook was sacked I guarantee he couldnt get players to follow him. Every Broncos player linked to us laughed it off almost immediately.

You’re in a position to make that garuntee?? Who was linked to us?

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
MX .... The fact that hardly anybody in the last 2 yrs has even gone onto the open market before re signing DOES mean that they are more than happy to play for this coach........ dickhead
Staying at a club does not mean they like the coach. Many people hate or dont like their bosses.

Theres any number of reasons players will stay or leave. Coaches tend to change regularly so you would have to really hate the coach to leave a club you are settled at.

Being settled in the area. Loving the team or teammates and money would rank ahead of the coach for most. Darius Boyd must be the only player who rates his coach as the most important factor.

OldPanther

Coach
Interesting how a lot of the "positive" people will completely ignore you until they get a gotcha moment to show how bad you are and cherry pick the comment they chose to pay attention to.

mxlegend99

Referee
Your in a position to make that garuntee?? Who was linked to us?
Ben hunt. Said he never even considered us.
Corey Parker. Likewise.

There was a few other off contract players linked to us simply because Hook once coached them. Like every coach with former players.

Point is most loved coaches will have players happy to link with them again. No one has followed Hook yet.

Elliott brought a couple of shit ones with him. McCrone and Smith. Tried so hard for Carney.
Cleary brought Brown. Taylor. Seluini and I think a few other 20s players.

He has since had Packer and Matulino rejoin him also.

Although signing Packer is reason enough to be glad Cleary isnt here. He and Matt Lodge are scum of the earth. They dont deserve NRL contracts. I would rather a pack of all our Knights rejects than players who have tried to murder people before.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Ben hunt. Said he never even considered us.
Corey Parker. Likewise.

There was a few other contract players linked to us simply because Hook once coached them.

Point is most loved coaches will have players happy to link with them again. No one has followed Hook yet.

Elliott brought a couple of shit ones with him. McCrone and Smith.
Cleary brought Brown. Taylor. Seluini and I think a few other 20s players.

He has since had Packer and Matulino rejoin him also.

Although signing Packer is reason enough to be glad Cleary isnt here. He and Matt Lodge are scum of the earth. They dont deserve NRL contracts. I would rather a pack of all our Knights rejects than players who have tried to murder people before.

Ohhh... Hunt and Parker didn’t want to play for Penrith because of Hook... nothing to do with not wanting to live in Western Sydney... it’s all about Hook... h

Royce is King

Juniors
MX.... IF players dont like a coach they will not stay..... happens every month in the NRL...... the point I and others are making are that since Griffin... we have resigned at least 10 juniors..... they did not have too, in most cases could of gone onto the open market even to just pump up their price a bit..... but they chose to stay and play under Griffin when all could of gone elsewhere.

No way, if they do not rate the coach, does a player resign for another stint.

OldPanther

Coach
MX.... IF players dont like a coach they will not stay..... happens every month in the NRL...... the point I and others are making are that since Griffin... we have resigned at least 10 juniors..... they did not have too, in most cases could of gone onto the open market even to just pump up their price a bit..... but they chose to stay and play under Griffin when all could of gone elsewhere.

They might all love Griffin but it doesn't mean thats the only reason to stay. rookie especially could want to stay for a lot of reasons. Just staying in the area with their mates could be enough. People don't quit there jobs because of there bosses at the drop of a hat.

Royce is King

Juniors
MX.....You are losing any cred not that you have any..... Corey Parker? read his book... who turned him into a lock from a wide running second rower? GRIFFIN.... Parker wraps the bloke heaps.... didnt have too because he didnt rate Henjak and said so in his book. Parker was never leaving the Broncos for anything.... his last contract was not even $300k...... thats how much he loved the place.

So before you come on here and make stuff up...... dont guess ..you get found out every time.

MX.....You are losing any cred not that you have any..... Corey Parker? read his book... who turned him into a lock from a wide running second rower? GRIFFIN.... Parker wraps the bloke heaps.... didnt have too because he didnt rate Henjak and said so in his book. Parker was never leaving the Broncos for anything.... his last contract was not even $300k...... thats how much he loved the place.

So before you come on here and make stuff up...... dont guess ..you get found out every time.
Parker wouldnt have been on 300k since he was 16. its the Broncos

mxlegend99

Referee

Every coach has players who dont like him at their clubs. Even Wayne Bennett.

Most players wil just put up with the coach. Staying doesnt mean they like every aspect of the job.

At the end of the day its their job. The coach is their boss and they dont need to like him if they're happy otherwise. Just loving their teammates will do it. That's the biggest advantage we have... alot of our team grew up together.

Trouble is that can be exploited later on losing the wrong player. Wade Graham leaves and helps bring Lewis. Lewis helps bring Segs. They help bring Moylan.

Teammates area bigger factor than a coach.

mxlegend99

Referee

I never said he hated the coach. I said he was linked to us and denied ever considering coming here.

Not one of his former players considered it. Whether they liked him or hated him. Hook was not a selling point to get players here.

bebo

Juniors
What Moylan did is common knowledge around Penrith. I won't post it here but ask around. Edwards/May have signed since would tell me the players are fine with the decision
WTF... another good young junior has re signed with the Panthers within a week?.... Cant be true because our coach doesnt know what he is doing..... our G.M. does not know what he is doing.... yet these footballers all seem to want to stay..... Does this mean our team are actually happy under these guys? Just saw OLD PANTHER spreading rumors that old players dont like the coach..... lucky, for the exception of Wallace we have not got any. KEEP HATING GUYS....
I would love too see the haters go to the Xmas fan day and front Hook Gus and any of the players they bag on this forum and tell them there thoughts:zipper_mouth:

Status
Not open for further replies.