What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

The Colonel

Immortal
With all due respect, you don't know that. He may actually feel that he owes us something. Besides, I think that B.A. would be able to temper his ego if it came to that.

As for not knowing, history suggests that Hayne has always been about Hayne. His quick exit from the Eels to pursue his dream, his quick exit from the 49’ers when the coach who kept him on was looking to be sacked. Him linking with Fiji to play at the Olympics on next to no preparation and his signing with the Titans, when he owed us the first time in his return to the NRL.

Why now would he feel that he owes the club that paid him to go and follow his dream, sold his merchandise at the club and turned his back on them and lied to the media about not even being offered a contract?

It’s precedents like that that make me
Question his return to the club now being all about Hayne and his ego rather than owing anything to the club and it’s fan base.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He has plenty of form when it comes to being a selfish merkin. Not that that would stop him being a great player but the best players at the best clubs are also positive contributors to the culture. Arthur had to make Hayne captain to try to get him to accept his responsibility to the group.

eels81236

Bench
History never repeats
We tell ourselves before we go to sleep
Don't say the words we might regret
We've lost before we know we can't forget

As for not knowing, history suggests that Hayne has always been about Hayne. His quick exit from the Eels to pursue his dream, his quick exit from the 49’ers when the coach who kept him on was looking to be sacked. Him linking with Fiji to play at the Olympics on next to no preparation and his signing with the Titans, when he owed us the first time in his return to the NRL.

Why now would he feel that he owes the club that paid him to go and follow his dream, sold his merchandise at the club and turned his back on them and lied to the media about not even being offered a contract?

It’s precedents like that that make me
Question his return to the club now being all about Hayne and his ego rather than owing anything to the club and it’s fan base.
That's pretty fair. Although I'm sure his NFL coach had already been sacked when he left. And I can't blame anyone for giving the Olympics a crack if invited. If he does come back and play well I'll be just fine with the fact that he can be a bit of a wanker, as will most others.

Suitman

Post Whore

Because maybe, just maybe, he has realised that we might be the hand that feeds him.
Everyone makes mistakes in life. In reality, he's still in his 20's (although late 20's). Some just mature later than others. It all depends on what has occurred in their lives previously, and how that influences decisions they have made.
I'm not ready to burn him yet. He's a star with massive talent and I would welcome him back to our club.
I have no idea what sort of person he would be if he returned, but I hold out some hope that he maybe has learnt from previous life decisions and really wants to play for us. Therefore, I hope he will do whatever it takes to restore his former glory. It's in his own best interests to do so.
If the rumours are true, a one year deal is smart from the club. They want to see how he pans out.
I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

T-Boon

Coach

What about when he saved that girl from drowning?

Or when he resigned with Parra even though his dad wanted him to sign at Souths who were offering more?

Or when he brought his mum a house?

Or when he coupled up with a girl to do the right thing because he had gotten her pregnant?

Or wishing his running back competition/mates/team mates well even though he had just been waived by the 49ers?

emjaycee

Coach
Because maybe, just maybe, he has realised that we might be the hand that feeds him.
Everyone makes mistakes in life. In reality, he's still in his 20's (although late 20's). Some just mature later than others. It all depends on what has occurred in their lives previously, and how that influences decisions they have made.
I'm not ready to burn him yet. He's a star with massive talent and I would welcome him back to our club.
I have no idea what sort of person he would be if he returned, but I hold out some hope that he maybe has learnt from previous life decisions and really wants to play for us. Therefore, I hope he will do whatever it takes to restore his former glory. It's in his own best interests to do so.
If the rumours are true, a one year deal is smart from the club. They want to see how he pans out.

Do any of us really know what sort of person he is now, let alone if he returned?

Have any of us had the background, the upbringing, the success, the adulation, the financial freedom, etc. etc. etc. that would form the person Hayne is today? Have any of us fathered a child from effectively a one-night-stand and then had the child in our life before having them taken away again?

I have been on this earth for nearly 50 years and in that time I have a range of life experiences that others have had and these have formed me into who I am and how I am today. Others have had these experiences but has anyone person had them all happen at the same time they happened to me and with the same influence on their lives? I don't think so. It is easy to judge a person from the limited information available.

Like Suity, I am prepared to trust that those people who know him better than any of us, have some idea of his motivation, his desire and his personality and that if he should end up back here it is for the right reasons with the right motivations.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think if we win the comp before The Plane retires and he's not at the club at the time, then I don't think he would ever forgive himself that he wasn't part of the only thing he really has left to achieve in the game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What about when he saved that girl from drowning?

Or when he resigned with Parra even though his dad wanted him to sign at Souths who were offering more?

Or when he brought his mum a house?

Or when he coupled up with a girl to do the right thing because he had gotten her pregnant?

Or wishing his running back competition/mates/team mates well even though he had just been waived by the 49ers?

f**k, me - either he was driving a caravan, or the dude is really Kal El...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Because so many coaches have been able to beforehand? I think it’s possible BUT Hayne has to be in on it as well.

It has been made mention a few times in the media that he is concerned about “his brand”.

Too also look at the alleged way he is looking to treat the Titans by not announcing anything until he is paid for November and December, while alleged, still reeks of it all being about Hayne. Not suggesting that Rothfield is right BUT we still seem a long way away from signing him.
Agreed.

Based on evidence it is fraught with danger to blindly hope for the positives. Best to plan based on what is realistically likely to occur.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I hope you are right Suity. I'll be as happy as a pig in shit if Hayne becomes the player that we all want him to be (and he does it in the blue and gold).

I'm not relying on it though...