What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Bartwah

Juniors
Doesn’t really matter if they haven’t kicked in first grade? It’s not like they change the type of ball or angles of the goalpoasts? Lol

Old dog

Bench
Pressure, starting in firsts and responsibility of kicking, but like I said will wait and see.
Would prefer an established kicker.

Frederick

Staff member
Pressure, starting in firsts and responsibility of kicking, but like I said will wait and see.
Would prefer an established kicker.
Was Lamb an established kicker before last year? When he stepped up to take his first shot did you think “gee I’d prefer an established kicker to this guy”? Did you think the same when Joey went to take his first kick?

Old dog

Bench
Lamb was a regular kicker in lower grades not sure that Watson and Ponga were.
Not saying that they can't handle it but it is nice to have the background before the real stuff happens, no need to be up tight just a comment

Glendale

Juniors
Goal kicking shouldn’t be forgotten here. Despite being rather poor in most aspects of the game having Hodkinson as goalkicker over the last two years has been a bonus because he’s one of the best in the game at it. Turning 4 into 6 consistently makes things so much easier.

No idea what Ponga’s percentage in the U20s is like but theres a few highlights of him kicking a few goals from the sideline on YouTube. Lamb was fantastic when he got a go this year- 23/28. If Lambs not in the side it’s an extra layer of pressure on Ponga who’ll be already under a bit. Just something to keep in mind.

mozza91

Coach
It’s not that hard to manufacture a good goal kicker. If Ponga gets plenty of practice during pre season he’ll be fine.

Still Nutty

Juniors
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5096676/knights-coachs-pledge-to-watson-stands/?cs=306

So can we stop picking teams where Lamb is playing 6 over Watson now?
Certainly for the first half of the year unless injuries play a major part...I do feel for Lamb, but at 20 I think he will have a real opportunity to consider how things are developing at the Knights next year and if he chooses to look at other options, I can't blame him.

Like others on here I do believe Brock has a very high potential ceiling, so I'd like him to be a long term player here but if we lose him to another club, that is part of how the player market and the cap works - I can't fault Brown for going after Pearce or honouring his commitment to Watson. He has these tough decisions to make and that's what he's paid the big bucks for...if he really wants to earn them, he can do a Bellamy and convince Lamb to stay too

macavity

Referee
Certainly for the first half of the year unless injuries play a major part...I do feel for Lamb, but at 20 I think he will have a real opportunity to consider how things are developing at the Knights next year and if he chooses to look at other options, I can't blame him.

Like others on here I do believe Brock has a very high potential ceiling, so I'd like him to be a long term player here but if we lose him to another club, that is part of how the player market and the cap works - I can't fault Brown for going after Pearce or honouring his commitment to Watson. He has these tough decisions to make and that's what he's paid the big bucks for...if he really wants to earn them, he can do a Bellamy and convince Lamb to stay too

Exactly - better players than Lamb served long apprenticeships.

Old dog

Bench
If two players of equal ability are vying for one spot despite different styles and the only goal kickers is one of the two who would you select.

PhilGould

Bench
If no one else in the team could kick goals it would become more of a factor, but Ponga is a very capable kicker.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
One of the Knights Facebook pages is spreading rumours we are looking at Jennings because Hayne will be playing centre.

Probably zero truth in it.

Bartwah

Juniors
First pictures of Pearce today, he looks good in the red and blue boys. Better tee up a game where we can catch up for a beer while cheering on our boys