What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you select your team to support

beave

Coach
Well I’ll just enjoy my team winning premierships while your “proper community” keeps getting the spoon

zvYgN-IJ0ZKLqHS5gSooPin5J5JREzpO0IDpam90aYN-VCBaKFnrjzwL9rbg04VUUJqU9kWQkWnL-7zoFi7zwPBZSWVGXKaKKbvU7AqwbWXGpmF3XRpbzeU4x-KGTA=w480-h270-nc

beave

Coach
Yep.

Although TBF you have a lot of SEQ fans who have no link to the place but just hate the Broncos and started supporting you when you started having some success.

We don't really have any bandwagoners.

Hmmmm, I don’t know about that mate (SEQ part).

There is a lot of people from NQ that have moved down here to SEQ for work/opportunities/uni (yours truly included). You’d be surprised when you go to the game at Suncorp, the randoms I have spoken to in NQ colours I have found to have a genuine reason to be a fan (born there, grew up there, whatevs)

I think in general though a lot of SEQers will say ‘i go for any QLD team’ which is a f**king stupid mentality to have. I hope the Broncos and Titans explode into a huge mess every year as they are direct rivals to us and they can f**k any QLD loyalty for club related games.

I love the fact that a lot of Broncos fans absolutley hate us these days, it means we have gotten to them. To take a GF off them the way we did and have sent out about 4 of their club legends in finals games, I can die a happy man.

Last edited:

The_Shield

Juniors
Must be abit hollow having no fans to celebrate with though?
The Storm were 2nd for home crowd averages and 4th for memberships. Trust me mate a Storm fan is not hard to find, they’re everywhere nowadays.

And anyway the best part about winning a premiership is rubbing it in the face of those who hate your team, and there is plenty of those here

mozza91

Coach
The Storm were 2nd for home crowd averages and 4th for memberships. Trust me mate a Storm fan is not hard to find, they’re everywhere nowadays.
Yeah but the locals don’t know what they’re watching, the seagulls all over the field are the only thing they do understand.

As for those supporting a team from another state that they have no link to. Is it really worth celebrating with a person like that?

Travitoh

First Grade
I followed my grandfathers lead when supporting teams so with him being a Souths member during his time in Sydney, it seemed an obvious choice.
He was also an avid Leeds United supporter before moving over here...
Thanks Pops

Knight Vision

First Grade
Well I’ll just enjoy my team winning premierships while your “proper community” keeps getting the spoon
Premierships ? so long as you dont count the ones where the club cheated every sportsfan, club official, player, administrator, and sponsor.

So long as you dont count the ones where the club tarnished the integrity of the game. So long as you thank your lucky stars the club was able to maintain the nucleus of a side assembled cheating the cap which in turn enabled you to enjoy your premierships.

Enjoy your hollow victories while they last.

The_Shield

Juniors
Premierships ? so long as you dont count the ones where the club cheated every sportsfan, club official, player, administrator, and sponsor.

So long as you dont count the ones where the club tarnished the integrity of the game. So long as you thank your lucky stars the club was able to maintain the nucleus of a side assembled cheating the cap which in turn enabled you to enjoy your premierships.

Enjoy your hollow victories while they last.
Didn’t the Knights win a premiership with performance enhancing drugs?

Canard

Immortal
I support St George, Detroit Lions, & West Ham.

I also like to hire male prostitutes, get them to cover their knobs with super glue & shards of glass & have them f**k me up the arse.

I think we all know who the most consistent performer out of that group is........

thorson1987

Coach
My favourite colour as a toddler was red, Norths jersey was red. No brainer. (although tbf I could have followed Illawarra, no idea why I actually picked Norths, I think my oldest brother may have been a Bears fan at one stage)

When they got f**ked over (didn't support the Beagles) I started supporting Melbourne as I was born there, and following another Sydney side or Brisbane was not f**king happening.