What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Travitoh

First Grade
I can understand the anxiety surrounding re-signing players and i agree that we should be negotiating to do so now but it isn't as easy as simply putting a contract in front of them and saying "You sign this here boy". That's why players have agents.

Dogmatix

Juniors
RTS will likely switch to super rugby and a chase an All Black jersey

Given that Souths were not prepared to pay top dollar for Crichton, the smart play for Cam Murray and Fuimaono is to test the market and see what other offers they can get from other clubs

Itsamansgame

Juniors
image.jpeg image.jpeg
When all our troubles started and what contracts matter at our club and throughout the NRL.
Since Richardson has been back his word means diddly squat,and how he come to think Lee was a suitable replacement,OMG!

ThingFish

Juniors
View attachment 17226 View attachment 17227
When all our troubles started and what contracts matter at our club and throughout the NRL.
Since Richardson has been back his word means diddly squat,and how he come to think Lee was a suitable replacement,OMG!
I think our troubles started before 2014, when we let Mark Hughes go as our Recruitment and Retention guy. His work with the pen in the previous years got us through 2014 with a premiership but it’s been down hill from there. But you’re right itsa, these two events where tipping points.

southsport

First Grade
View attachment 17226 View attachment 17227
I think our troubles started before 2014, when we let Mark Hughes go as our Recruitment and Retention guy. His work with the pen in the previous years got us through 2014 with a premiership but it’s been down hill from there. But you’re right itsa, these two events where tipping points.

Not sure if true but I was told at the time by someone that usually is correct that Madge sacked Mark Hughes.

After the 2014 season it was reported that Madge was handed control of all recruitment and retention and that John Lee was an acquaintence of James Packer who suggested that he be given the vacant CEO position.

handyman2190

Bench
Not sure if true but I was told at the time by someone that usually is correct that Madge sacked Mark Hughes.

After the 2014 season it was reported that Madge was handed control of all recruitment and retention and that John Lee was an acquaintence of James Packer who suggested that he be given the vacant CEO position.

100% correct madge then botched tbe job and discovered it was more than a full time job flying around watching many junior games etc he then appointed grant jones who completely screwed it and now richo a damn good administrator who can help with recruiting but is no way a recruiter has continued the decline.
A good recruiter spends minimal time in his office he is flying out watching games to identify juniors from the youngest age. He is phoneing potential recuits getting in their ear showing he cares about them garnering confidence etc etc etc and on it goes.
Mark hughs was top flight he signed bully for eg. The biggest mistake we made was tossing him, madge showed him the door and ordered him out, many here dont like the way madge was treated, i dont know why he was politly told confidentially ,unlike others that spread the news all over the media, given every cent he was owed and he was not ordered off the premisses. There is never a nice way of sacking but we showed him respect unlike what he did to hughs who had to sue us for payment.
So now we need a gun recruiter who can instill a sense of belonging in players.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
100% correct madge then botched tbe job and discovered it was more than a full time job flying around watching many junior games etc he then appointed grant jones who completely screwed it and now richo a damn good administrator who can help with recruiting but is no way a recruiter has continued the decline.
A good recruiter spends minimal time in his office he is flying out watching games to identify juniors from the youngest age. He is phoneing potential recuits getting in their ear showing he cares about them garnering confidence etc etc etc and on it goes.
Mark hughs was top flight he signed bully for eg. The biggest mistake we made was tossing him, madge showed him the door and ordered him out, many here dont like the way madge was treated, i dont know why he was politly told confidentially ,unlike others that spread the news all over the media, given every cent he was owed and he was not ordered off the premisses. There is never a nice way of sacking but we showed him respect unlike what he did to hughs who had to sue us for payment.

Seibold seems to have a better idea of the player market though. If we can pull off RTS and Kaufusi then those are buys in the right direction. Both are young and only just about to enter their prime.

I do see the all blacks as a genuine threat for RTS though. I thought he originally moved to the warriors to be closer to his family. Unless that has changed, they must be favourites. He’s gonna need some real convincing.

southsport

First Grade
I won't be surprised if RTS leaves the warriors, he would have been hoping for more success, add to that his injury woes since he joined them and it hasn't been a happy hunting ground for him across the ditch.

callmack1

Staff member
Great post right there brother, couldn't agree more. Recruitment and retention has really gone downhill and that's obviously been a huge problem and has impacted our on field performance in a negative way since 2015.

I'm hoping that Seibold will really wake things up in this area and it looks like we're heading in the right direction with our targets. Whether we can pull it off is another story but the early signs are good.

In regards to RTS, you guys should see some of the looks I get over here in NZ when I say "stuff the AB's, I'd love RTS at Souths and that's where he should be!" Haha.

I won't be surprised if RTS leaves the warriors, he would have been hoping for more success, add to that his injury woes since he joined them and it hasn't been a happy hunting ground for him across the ditch.
Neither would I, I don't think he's very happy there.

Same goes for Issac Luke, I've heard whispers that he's not exactly loving it there either.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Great post right there brother, couldn't agree more. Recruitment and retention has really gone downhill and that's obviously been a huge problem and has impacted our on field performance in a negative way since 2015.

I'm hoping that Seibold will really wake things up in this area and it looks like we're heading in the right direction with our targets. Whether we can pull it off is another story but the early signs are good.

In regards to RTS, you guys should see some of the looks I get over here in NZ when I say "stuff the AB's, I'd love RTS at Souths and that's where he should be!" Haha.

Neither would I, I don't think he's very happy there.

Same goes for Issac Luke, I've heard whispers that he's not exactly loving it there either.
Good onya bro,rip into them.All Blacks and Rugby totally overrated,"a shit house of a game"!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Why did Madge sack Hughes????

Surely it wasn't his call....