What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will The Panthers Finish In 2018?

Where Will The Panthers Finish In 2018?

• 1-4

• 5-8

• 9-12

• 12-16

Results are only viewable after voting.
Melbourne fascinate me. Another strong performance with the age of Smith & Slater would be amazing, especially coming off the back of a short off season.

I could see them missing the top 4 if they get an injury or two though.

franklin2323

Immortal
Are we suppose to be happy with 5 - 8 every year because other teams improve too? Bit silly.

Again when someone says something like that. Doesn't mean we are happy with it.

Roosters
NQ
Parra were in front last year

All look stronger then last year.

Storm are weaker then last year but were way in front of us

Have we improved enough to jump them is the question?

We should aim to be best but these are the things that have to be dealt with to do it

Frankus

Juniors
Are we suppose to be happy with 5 - 8 every year because other teams improve too? Bit silly.
I’m not saying that at all. But it’s all relative.

Tell me how we have improved beyond the Roosters, Storm, Broncos, Cows and Sharks. I will only mention what I consider upgrades of players not like for like swaps. The Roosters gained Cronk. The Sharks Dugan, Hodkinson, that young prop from the tigpies. The Broncos gain Bird. The cowboys have Thurston back plus McLean. The Storm are notorious for recruiting burnt coal and turning them into diamonds.

Our off season recruitment has been terrible and our man for man roster is not better than that of any of the teams I just listed in my opinion. Throw in the unknown of the eels and the return of Hayne and I see us finishing 5-7th. With 5th being an improvement.

I will happily eat crow if we finish top 4 but I just don’t see it.

mxlegend99

Referee

Tell me how we have improved beyond the Roosters, Storm, Broncos, Cows and Sharks. I will only mention what I consider upgrades of players not like for like swaps. The Roosters gained Cronk. The Sharks Dugan, Hodkinson, that young prop from the tigpies. The Broncos gain Bird. The cowboys have Thurston back plus McLean. The Storm are notorious for recruiting burnt coal and turning them into diamonds.

Our off season recruitment has been terrible and our man for man roster is not better than that of any of the teams I just listed in my opinion. Throw in the unknown of the eels and the return of Hayne and I see us finishing 5-7th. With 5th being an improvement.

We're banking on young guys getting better. Our roster is 100% definitely not stronger this season.

We lost 7x top 25 players and added 2x top30 players. One of which is a depth winger injured already.

Frankus

Juniors
Melbourne fascinate me. Another strong performance with the age of Smith & Slater would be amazing, especially coming off the back of a short off season.

I could see them missing the top 4 if they get an injury or two though.
Sure top 4 but they would still finish top 8 if Smith went down for the season in round 1. That is fact.

OldPanther

Coach

I've already said previously Cows/Storm and Roosters are ahead of us. The rest of the comp is either equal or below. Broncs, Sharks, Eels are teams I consider equal for different reasons. We will be fighting for 4th spot with a few teams. Winning a few more games than last year (2 I think) gets us 4th. Not impossible at all. I don't believe we go better than 4th though.

Frankus

Juniors
I've already said previously Cows/Storm and Roosters are ahead of us. The rest of the comp is either equal or below. Broncs, Sharks, Eels are teams I consider equal for different reasons. We will be fighting for 4th spot with a few teams. Winning a few more games than last year (2 I think) gets us 4th. Not impossible at all. I don't believe we go better than 4th though.
I don’t read every post on here so forgive me. We are not better than the Broncos. Not even close, even with the slightly reduced origin commitments they will have this season.

Is our draw as soft as last year’s?

OldPanther

Coach
I don’t read every post on here so forgive me. We are not better than the Broncos. Not even close, even with the slightly reduced origin commitments they will have this season.

They have very little depth and their halves aren't that great unless Milford has a peak year. We might not be better but we are equal. Our halves are better now that we have Maloney and our forward pack certainly matches their's. It's players like Roberts that are a concern.

I honestly think we can finish ahead of the broncos, I expect them to fall to the bottom half of the 8 without a quality 7.

franklin2323

Immortal

That was exactly how I took your post to read.