What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

to_ddeath

Coach
Team list Poosday..here we are.
McFlogtard spends more time on half time stats than actual coaching.....so copy/paste line up expected later on.
#theresnothingaboutmary

LINESPEED

Juniors
Team list Poosday..here we are.
McFlogtard spends more time on half time stats than actual coaching.....so copy/paste line up expected later on.
#theresnothingaboutmary

If Lomax doesn't get a gig Thursday then preseason form meant nothing - no rewards for the young guys, effort or genuine talent.
If the same old backline arselickers and plodders are rewarded then inconsistency will prevail.
Aitken will be our new LOVECHILD.
It was surely a salutary lesson for Mary to see Cook stitch us up thoroughly in the CS?
I can only imagine the field day Bird would have with our backline.
Select on form and potency or it'll be sayonara Mann, Lomax , Herbert, Host & Field.
McIdiot you're a blithering fu*kwit imposter surrounded by fawning imbeciles.

But I'll be at the game - rooting for the forwards & halves at least.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
I find it interesting that the only team our club has won a competition in since 2010 was the Illawarra Cutters in 2016. All players from that side , including the coach, JD, has now gone from the club except for Kurt Mann and Jacob Host. McGregor is treating both of these poorly, and it looks like it will continue through this season.
Jealousy perhaps??

It's called 'Pathways'
To the exit

His conservatism astounds
The poor woman
It's missionary every time

Sorry, I've been in backcountry NZ and they're a bit rough and ready

getsmarty

Immortal
Pressure Gauge: Why this is the year we judge Paul McGregor, according to Mark Gasnier
NRL Premiership
  • March 6, 2018 6:00am
  • by Simon Brunsdon and John Dean
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
NjMyMDE4NnxjeG8uY3xodHRwczovL2Nkbi5uZXdzYXBpLmNvbS5hdS9pbWFnZS92MS9iMjg2OTk1ODkzMGIwNGNkMTM2Y2VlMTBmNjU5OTIxMXw2MzIwMTg2

Pressure Gauge: NRL round one 2018.Source: FOX SPORTS
ST GEORGE Illawarra coach Paul McGregor faces a boom or bust season and will be under pressure to prove his coaching credentials in 2018, according to club legend Mark Gasnier.

McGregor is about to kick off his fourth full season in charge of the Dragons, having been catapulted into the job midway through 2014 to replace the sacked Steve Price.

The Red V finished 11th that year and have since finished eighth (2015), 11th (2016), and ninth (2017), while only playing a solitary finals game.

NjMyMDE4NnxjeG8uY3xodHRwczovL3d3dy5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L3BtZC9pbWFnZXMvMjAxOC8wMy8wNS82Njc5MjVfNjQweDM2MF9sYXJnZV8yMDE4MDMwNTE2NDU0NC5qcGd8NjMyMDE4Ng==

Dragons season preview

But Gasnier says the past three years has merely been building up to this coming season, when we will finally be able to gauge just what ‘Mary’ is made of.

“You’ve got to remember he came in at a tough time when a lot of people were leaving. Without any disrespect to the players he inherited a roster he probably didn’t want,” Gasnier told foxsports.com.au.

“This year I think Mary can genuinely be judged on his coaching.

“The last two years I thought to be honest he punched above his weight. I thought he overachieved in regard to the squad he actually had.

“I think this year they’ve got a genuine top-eight team and I think he’ll go really well.”

NjMyMDE4NnxjeG8uY3xodHRwczovL2Nkbi5uZXdzYXBpLmNvbS5hdS9pbWFnZS92MS8xOGFkZjE2NzUxNzA1MTY2NWNhNjZkNTI2NDYyMDFlMnw2MzIwMTg2

St George-Illawarra Dragons coach Paul McGregor. Picture: John AppleyardSource: News Corp Australia
This time 12 months ago McGregor was one of the most under-pressure coaches in the NRL.

But a hot start to the season had the Dragons sitting atop the competition ladder after a third of the season, and he was re-signed on a new two-year deal.

The Red V performed admirably in 2017 but they’ve added representative halfback Ben Hunt and veteran forward James Graham to their roster, sparking plenty of excitement and expectation among fans.

Gasnier says a pass mark will be qualifying for finals.

“I think their roster is a lot better this year because there is stability in key areas,” he said.

“I think it’s a better balanced team. I think Ben Hunt is crucial, Cameron McInnes off the season he had would hopefully grow in confidence.

“I think they are a lot better balanced.

“Their attack might take a little time to click because of the two new key men in the spine, but I think they’ll be good.”

The Dragons kick off the season against Brisbane at Kogarah on Thursday night.

See who’s under the pump this week in Pressure Gauge!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/9b2d0694fc61925e67630ba319f5f944

Pressure Gauge: Why this is the year we judge Paul McGregor, according to Mark Gasnier
NRL Premiership
NjMyMDE4NnxjeG8uY3xodHRwczovL2Nkbi5uZXdzYXBpLmNvbS5hdS9pbWFnZS92MS9iMjg2OTk1ODkzMGIwNGNkMTM2Y2VlMTBmNjU5OTIxMXw2MzIwMTg2

ST GEORGE Illawarra coach Paul McGregor faces a boom or bust season and will be under pressure to prove his coaching credentials in 2018, according to club legend Mark Gasnier.

McGregor is about to kick off his fourth full season in charge of the Dragons, having been catapulted into the job midway through 2014 to replace the sacked Steve Price.

The Red V finished 11th that year and have since finished eighth (2015), 11th (2016), and ninth (2017), while only playing a solitary finals game.

NjMyMDE4NnxjeG8uY3xodHRwczovL3d3dy5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L3BtZC9pbWFnZXMvMjAxOC8wMy8wNS82Njc5MjVfNjQweDM2MF9sYXJnZV8yMDE4MDMwNTE2NDU0NC5qcGd8NjMyMDE4Ng==

Dragons season preview

But Gasnier says the past three years has merely been building up to this coming season, when we will finally be able to gauge just what ‘Mary’ is made of.

“You’ve got to remember he came in at a tough time when a lot of people were leaving. Without any disrespect to the players he inherited a roster he probably didn’t want,” Gasnier told foxsports.com.au.

“The last two years I thought to be honest he punched above his weight. I thought he overachieved in regard to the squad he actually had.

“I think this year they’ve got a genuine top-eight team and I think he’ll go really well.”

NjMyMDE4NnxjeG8uY3xodHRwczovL2Nkbi5uZXdzYXBpLmNvbS5hdS9pbWFnZS92MS8xOGFkZjE2NzUxNzA1MTY2NWNhNjZkNTI2NDYyMDFlMnw2MzIwMTg2

St George-Illawarra Dragons coach Paul McGregor. Picture: John AppleyardSource: News Corp Australia
This time 12 months ago McGregor was one of the most under-pressure coaches in the NRL.

But a hot start to the season had the Dragons sitting atop the competition ladder after a third of the season, and he was re-signed on a new two-year deal.

The Red V performed admirably in 2017 but they’ve added representative halfback Ben Hunt and veteran forward James Graham to their roster, sparking plenty of excitement and expectation among fans.

“I think their roster is a lot better this year because there is stability in key areas,” he said.

“I think it’s a better balanced team. I think Ben Hunt is crucial, Cameron McInnes off the season he had would hopefully grow in confidence.

“Their attack might take a little time to click because of the two new key men in the spine, but I think they’ll be good.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/9b2d0694fc61925e67630ba319f5f944

Jeez, you know I'd actually forgotten we've put up with this rubbish for 4 years.

NRL Premiership

Dragons season preview

Apologetics according to Mark.

#cutoutthecancer

Straight Shooter

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Scratching my head tonight.

Can someone please remind me why the club plays trials ?

To give McGregor an opportunity to roll out plan A and nothing else, in couple of non descript games that won’t get him sacked...... simple really.

Surely you didn’t think it was about the players, did you?

Bartender...... give this man a double!

Latest gem of wisdom from the Master Coach in the SMH today: if all the games had finished at half time we would have finished 2nd on the ladder last year.

"If you stopped the game at half-time, we finish second in the comp [last year]," McGregor

This is the type of thinking and nonsense that harbours limitations and mediocrity.

The ‘ifs and buts’ are continually used to validate underperformance.

I honestly think we are a top 6 team this year. The team has a bit of a 2008 look about it to me... potential, but needs some key changes and a genuine premiership coach to put it all together.

We don’t have a lot of time to waste on the incumbent... and we have no time to waste on excuses.

Our time is near... don’t screw it up.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dragons-sydney-travel-nrl-mcgregor-distance-20180305-p4z2wm.html

Crush

Coach
"If you stopped the game at half-time, we finish second in the comp [last year]," McGregor

This is the type of thinking and nonsense that harbours limitations and mediocrity.

I honestly think we are a top 6 team this year. The team has a bit of a 2008 look about it to me... potential, but needs some key changes and a genuine premiership coach to put it all together.

We don’t have a lot of time to waste on the incumbent... and we have no time to waste on excuses.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dragons-sydney-travel-nrl-mcgregor-distance -20180305-p4z2wm.html
I'm not sure it's an excuse more a recognition that they need to be better in the second halves this year?
Well done McGregor. We all believe in you sir!

Lewish33

Juniors
NRL Premiership

Dragons season preview

So wait, a change in just two players and only now we can judge him? It's exactly the same underperforming team with added Hunt and Graham.
I can imagine the first 6 rounds of excuses will be along the lines of Hunt needing time to "gel" with the team, something, something Dragons footy.

slippery5

Juniors

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dragons-sydney-travel-nrl-mcgregor-distance-20180305-p4z2wm.html
Top 6 ???? not with the 2,3,4 & 5, we currently have in the starting side.