What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
There are reports that Walters is being groomed to take Bennets place.
If true JD will be screwed.
Is JD a viable replacement for McIdiot. He proved himself with us and was very popular with the players.

Please allow me to clarify your quote, good Sire.

No body but no body can be compared with McIdiot...... fact!

Ronald McDonald would be a viable replacement for McIdiot, plus the team would get fries with that!

Anyone who can string two or more sentences together exceeds the clubs qualifications and should be fast tracked to the shortlist.

Vacancy here, apply within!

hermidale1

Juniors
I find it interesting that the only team our club has won a competition in since 2010 was the Illawarra Cutters in 2016. All players from that side , including the coach, JD, has now gone from the club except for Kurt Mann and Jacob Host. McGregor is treating both of these poorly, and it looks like it will continue through this season.
Jealousy perhaps??

I find it interesting that the only team our club has won a competition in since 2010 was the Illawarra Cutters in 2016. All players from that side , including the coach, JD, has now gone from the club except for Kurt Mann and Jacob Host. McGregor is treating both of these poorly, and it looks like it will continue through this season.
Jealousy perhaps??
Last game of 2016 when JD was standing in for McGregor.
We wiped the floor with the ultimate premiers at Kogarah 32-18 playing a brand of football we have never seen from McGregor coached teams.
Remembering that Cronulla walloped us in the first round and we were long odds on to get flogged again.
JD was just doing what he was doing all year long with the Cutters. Playing a great brand of enterprising football that was great to watch.
That one single game showed McGregor up as an imposter.
Jealously, a little but more like self preservation with three seasons of "the team he wanted to have" sounding like a broken record.
It can certainly go a long way towards explaining the clean out.
My question is that JD came for one season and proved himself in the most emphatic way.
Didn't anyone else at the club recognize that success?
Instead there has been an inane, unprecedented, indefensible and blind back room support for McGregor.
Unfortunately, we missed out on a good one in JD to our on going detriment.

Coffs dragon

Bench
We wiped the floor with the ultimate premiers at Kogarah 32-18 playing a brand of football we have never seen from McGregor coached teams.
Remembering that Cronulla walloped us in the first round and we were long odds on to get flogged again.
JD was just doing what he was doing all year long with the Cutters. Playing a great brand of enterprising football that was great to watch.
Jealously, a little but more like self preservation with three seasons of "the team he wanted to have" sounding like a broken record.
My question is that JD came for one season and proved himself in the most emphatic way.
Instead there has been an inane, unprecedented, indefensible and blind back room support for McGregor.
Dennis you nailed it!! The rule of any inept organisation is to move those with ability either sideways in hiding or out the door.

Como Connection

First Grade
The Illawarra power brokers in action again.
Remember Farrar over Waite!
CC

O'Sullivan

Juniors
The media is partly to blame for us keeping him. He is part of the Blues set and is seen as a 'nice guy' who bonds with the players. Being a players' man does not make a coach. His refusal to make changes when needed shows his blind loyalty to some players. Loyalty is an admirable quality but it also sometimes masks a lack of imagination, a stubborn streak and, ultimately, perhaps cowardice. Harsh I know but I am frustrated with him.

O'Sullivan

Juniors
The Illawarra power brokers in action again.
Remember Farrar over Waite!
CC

Time to move on from the Illawarra versus St. George mentality. Neither would survive without the other. Both are gone as single entities. We need to move on.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Latest gem of wisdom from the Master Coach in the SMH today: if all the games had finished at half time we would have finished 2nd on the ladder last year.

Of course there is no correlation between this piece of information and the average minutes played by our bench players is there.

What a f**kstick

grouch

First Grade
Of course there is no correlation between this piece of information and the average minutes played by our bench players is there.

What a f**kstick
Nope. He's blamed the 2nd half staggers on the hours of travel our Sydney based players are forced to endure. I shit you not

His brainfart is to train at Sydney one day a week.

Nevermind that shifting our permanent training base to the Gong was Wayne Bennett's idea, and his Sydney-based players still managed to help him win a fking comp

Life's Good

Coach
The media is partly to blame for us keeping him. He is part of the Blues set and is seen as a 'nice guy' who bonds with the players. Being a players' man does not make a coach. His refusal to make changes when needed shows his blind loyalty to some players. Loyalty is an admirable quality but it also sometimes masks a lack of imagination, a stubborn streak and, ultimately, perhaps cowardice. Harsh I know but I am frustrated with him.

Harsh?? Mate, you have gone easy on him compared to others(me included).

Life's Good

Coach
Latest gem of wisdom from the Master Coach in the SMH today: if all the games had finished at half time we would have finished 2nd on the ladder last year.

Oh dear. What an absolute moron and an embarrassment.

If we had a decent coach we would have finished 2nd on the ladder. f**k him.

Latest posts