What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge Arrested in New York

mozza91

Coach
Apparently all he needs to do to redeem himself is let a bunch DT journos interview him.

zmt

Juniors
Fair enough, I have no issue with that if you hold those views across the board. I similarly would have no issue if the NRL were to adopt a consistent policy of one serious strike and you are gone. But they haven't and my issue with a lot of the posters in here is that they seem to be adopting a different approach to Lodge compared to other players who have transgressed.
Im hoping you dont have a partner. How can you possibly stick up for this scumbag? Surey youre too embarrassed to in real life right?

zmt

Juniors
Another one with the comprehension skills of a turtle obviously.
If something like this happened to your family you would see differently, but i picture you having a nice rich family with lots of security posting messages from your parents bedroom

lynx000

Juniors
If something like this happened to your family you would see differently, but i picture you having a nice rich family with lots of security posting messages from your parents bedroom

Well you would be wrong again, well done. Two for two.

Once again for the record, I am entirely comfortable if the NRL decides to retrospectively cancel the registration of Russell Packer, Kirisome Avua'a, Lodge and any other players that have been charged and convicted of criminal offences involving domestic violence and assault. Also entirely comfortable if they cancel the registration of any player found to have used performance enhancing drugs.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I f**king love the bald faced disingenuous rot of it all. The media were tearing us a new one for weeks over Lodge, then as soon as it hits the airwaves that the Cowboys are looking to sign Carney, the media start walking back all the high horse shit they've been preaching about player behavior and second chances just to clear the air for their sake, and if the NRL refuse to register his contract suddenly the Cows have a ready made defence force.

f**k me sideways I hope we really rip in this season.

Joeboy

Juniors
Well you would be wrong again, well done. Two for two.

Once again for the record, I am entirely comfortable if the NRL decides to retrospectively cancel the registration of Russell Packer, Kirisome Avua'a, Lodge and any other players that have been charged and convicted of criminal offences involving domestic violence and assault. Also entirely comfortable if they cancel the registration of any player found to have used performance enhancing drugs.

While we are at it with all that cleansing, are you happy for the NRL to interview Andrew gee on the record and see what exactly he was doing with that 300 k cash at the Broncos. We could also ask him how much he was paid to "resign" and fade into black.

Reactions: PJ

AJB1102

First Grade
What is the point of the article? So Vonny can say she was locked in a room with a ‘reformed’ nutcase? There are no direct quotes from Lodge, his family or friends.
If the idea of the article is to soften the sentiment towards Lodge(good upbringing, sick brother, newborn, you know, normal stuff)then it’s a complete failure.

Of course not. That'd ruin her exclusive with him on League Life.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Short on front rowers? That’s a laugh. You blokes are playing Jai Arrow there...

As to grub signings, blokes who glass their missus are alright to sign tho, eh?

Why is relevant about other signings? This is about Matthew Lodge. Who despite the BS Wally Lewis and others are spouting about Uncle Wayne taking him on as a project and wanting to make him a better man...If Mr Lodge slips up again, like James Gavet (another 'project'), Uncie Wayne will punt him faster than that poor prick in the security video ran up the stairs away from Lodge.

And if we want to compare to other players, at least Packer served time, Carney has gone away and for all I know stayed out of major trouble etc, and as much as I can't stand the merkin Greg Bird was not found guilty of glassing anyone. If the NRL wanted to permit Lodge back in 2020, I might be OK with it. But to stamp his books 2 years on without any attempts at reparation for the victims, no time served, and with an assault charge on his ex in the same year as the NY rampage that the NRL knew about, it's abhorrent they let him play. And it's abhorrent that Bennett wanted him, although we know Wayne doesn't give a f**k about anything but Wayne.