What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks v Eel

txta2

Bench
Capewell is good, and then he is shit, and then he is good etc.
In other words, he is a reserve grader Get rid of him.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Capewell is good, and then he is shit, and then he is good etc.
In other words, he is a reserve grader Get rid of him.

We have younger backrowers Nikora and Jack Williams, i would rather see how they handle firsts now, we have seen Capewell

Nothing like a 54-0 arse kicking to keep Rhyno out of our forum for awhile.

Hopefully we can continue where Manly left off.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Our top side is good enough to win against any side imho. The positional shenanigans are distracting at the moment, but what we have been missing the last 2 games is an old WISE and COMPOSED head that can wrestle the momentum back when we invariably fugg up with errors. A player that knows the game well enough to be able to take the initiative. Gal tries that with out and out brute strength but he's getting too long in the tooth. Menis did all sorts of things as did Jimmy to turn the tide. I think we are missing someone like that this year. We have been missing Lewie in that regard.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Our top side is good enough to win against any side imho. The positional shenanigans are distracting at the moment, but what we have been missing the last 2 games is an old WISE and COMPOSED head that can wrestle the momentum back when we invariably fugg up with errors. A player that knows the game well enough to be able to take the initiative. Gal tries that with out and out brute strength but he's getting too long in the tooth. Menis did all sorts of things as did Jimmy to turn the tide. I think we are missing someone like that this year. We have been missing Lewie in that regard.

I agree we miss Lewis, but i think by now shouldnt CT be one of those players who gets us over the line, he has been talked up for year, but he seems to be always the 2nd best half in a team

Vin Fizz

Bench
I agree we miss Lewis, but i think by now shouldnt CT be one of those players who gets us over the line, he has been talked up for year, but he seems to be always the 2nd best half in a team
Yeah, he is possibly in the best position to spark something but he can be hesitant. I understand he's a really smart young fella so he might be guilty of over thinking things a bit. WE need an instinct player. Moylan has shown at time he can do that be he isn't taking the game by the haggots either. I'm thinking of a guy like Josh Hodgson who I think we should have thrown the bank at to get from the mucus.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yeah, he is possibly in the best position to spark something but he can be hesitant. I understand he's a really smart young fella so he might be guilty of over thinking things a bit. WE need an instinct player. Moylan has shown at time he can do that be he isn't taking the game by the haggots either. I'm thinking of a guy like Josh Hodgson who I think we should have thrown the bank at to get from the mucus.

Sign Josh Hodgson, that would tell Jayden Brailey he is not the future, i am thinking and after hearing about Brailey Jnr he will be better option anyway.

The player from mucus i would take punt on is Blake Austin, i just think he is in a team with too many players who play high risk with us, he would have chance to really shine, and i think Moylan would benefit as well

Vin Fizz

Bench
Blake Austin from 2016, absolutely. The 2018 version is being exposed in defence on the fringe maybe because of that risky play you mentioned. Brailey had a break out year and will mature i'm hoping. His service is one thing but I cant remember any dummy half scoots or turning around a tired forward that's trying to get back in the line like Mick used to. Seggy does sometimes but that comes with considerable risk in other ways though. Agree with Moyls, he needs room to manoeuvre.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Apparently Hayne may be moving to fullback?

The No. 1 switch to ignite Jarryd Hayne, Parramatta Eels

PARRAMATTA playmaker Corey Norman has revealed Jarryd Hayne will be shifted to fullback against Cronulla on Saturday in a desperate bid to kick the Eels into gear.

The blue and gold club has started the NRL season 0-2 and is reeling from a shocking 54-0 thumping at the hands of Manly on Sunday.

That loss followed a second-half capitulation against Penrith the week prior.

And now coach Brad Arthur will resort to moving Hayne from right centre to the fullback position against the Sharks.

It’s the position Hayne starred in while playing for the Eels four years ago, but he’s been overlooked in favour of young gun Bevan French and utility Clint Gutherson since returning to the club.

Foxsports.com.au revealed three weeks ago Arthur planned to use all three players in a rotating formation through the backline during games.

But now it appears Hayne is set to reclaim the spot he won two Dally M Medals in.

“He’s moved back there at training. We had our big session yesterday and he moved back there,” Norman revealed to Big Sports Breakfast on Thursday.

“I think a bigger body coming out of the backfield there with Haynesy, and getting him more involved with his experience there ... we’ll see how he goes.

“If they get a good set and put it in the corners then you need those bigger bodies to start your sets off well, or you’re kicking from inside your 40 every time.

“With Haynesey back there hopefully he can get a good carry and hopefully we get a good start to our set.”

Since arriving back in the NRL from a stint playing American football, there’s been a question mark over Hayne’s match fitness.

In the opening two rounds he’s failed to inject himself into games as much as Eels fans would no doubt like to see from their star signing.

But Norman is confident his high profile teammate will handle the fullback workload.

“Haynesy has had a couple of games now so I’d expect him to play the full 80 minutes there and do a job for us,” Norman said.

“He knows what he’s got to do so hopefully that comes to the game on Saturday.”

Norman, meanwhile, hosed down the suggestion Parramatta’s shock loss to the Sea Eagles was in part due to a half-hour warm-up in stifling heat before the game.

“It was embarrassing. Manly had to play in the same conditions so it had nothing to do with our training or our warm-up,” he said.

“We had a normal week, we had no excuses the way we turned up.

“It’s hard to put something to it, but I think we’ve just been turning up and thinking it’s going to happen for us.

“We’ve got a quality side ... we’ve just turned up and thought it was going to happen. You have to make it happen.

“Last week our effort and our want to win the game definitely wasn’t there.

“We’ve had a real attitude adjustment. We can’t be too down on it because there’s another week and we’ve got to be positive.”

Source

Ads

First Grade
Will be interesting to see who comes in. Dillon or Williams?

I'd put Bakuya to lock and play him 80 if he's got it in him. Williams to the bench to rotate with Capewell on the right edge.

Latest posts