What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Warriors

mw10371

Juniors
I agree.

While we didnt play to our best, they totally outplayed us. Their defense was unbelievable, and I don't think we handled it to well. Our kicking game was the worst to date this year.

We were not poor, but we could have been better. We had to lose eventually, the warriors deserved the win.

Now all that being said....is it just me, all does it seem like all our trys seem to always go to the video these days. It the intercept try was awarded....different ball game at that point.

rednwhites

Juniors
that game turned on a blatantly wrong call ...

Yes Graham knocked on but the warriors proceeded to run the ball 20m passing two or three times .. that is advantage taken ... We would be up 12-10 at that point .. They score off the back of a 40-20 soon after ...

Such a bad bad bad call

You may be right but I dare say you are clutching at straws there.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
The loss needs to be into context;

1. the draw has been exceptionally kind over the first six weeks - four home games and the opposition substandard.

3. it was also the first time SGI faced a hostile crowd AND against a genuinely competitive side....it failed this test.
I guess you can construe a loss to be a failure but i actually felt that was one the better performances of the year by the boys. A couple were quieter than usual ie Dufty and McDonald but they will come back from this. I also think the advantage rule should have been applied for the Lafai no try, completely changed the momentum we had built.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Said in JA.

Their hooker outplayed ours with about half the possession.

The way they were rushing our halves, McInnes should have run a lot more.

Just didn’t do it .

There was a palpable disconnect between the hooker and halves tonight....it stymied the attack for most of the game.

That said, Hunt needs to run the ball a hell of a lot more.

Brutalitops

Juniors
The loss needs to be into context;

1. the draw has been exceptionally kind over the first six weeks - four home games and the opposition substandard.

3. it was also the first time SGI faced a hostile crowd AND against a genuinely competitive side....it failed this test.
Sure if you ignore the fact that Broncos opening and two shire derbys in opening 6 rounds is anything but soft.

Sure hindsight will make you think they were walkovers but the fact is both were Top 5 just last year.

Not to mention we made them play bad, and Sharks were no slouches in either match

And then there's the way in which we won our other 3 against the apparent ""substandard"" side. We absolutely destroyed the Titans (who've played entry of good footy this year), dominated the Knights (also becoming a very good team) and grinded out a Souths side with amazing defence who are also playing great footy.

You can change that draw to suit any narrative you want really. But we've been great against great teams as well as average teams

Drag Queen

Bench
Really?? I’m surprised you’re not p*ssed at Hunt for not passing like you wanted from Dufty last week.:wink:
Gimme a break LG. I blame that post for vetting anger that was probably not warranted and I should not have posted. I have already apologised but still get pissed off that others can diss other members of our team. I'll leave it there. OK.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I guess you can construe a loss to be a failure but i actually felt that was one the better performances of the year by the boys. A couple were quieter than usual ie Dufty and McDonald but they will come back from this. I also think the advantage rule should have been applied for the Lafai no try, completely changed the momentum we had built.

It's not just the loss but a whole lot of other things, too.

A six/three win-loss ratio is a distinct possibility.

No excuses tonight

Warriors played very well

Our team was out enthused

Our smaller men were targeted in defence tonight successfully

We appeared somewhat flat. Could have been the bug that prevented a few of the boys from training.

In any event they had a few guys out.

It seems we may have been better off kicking a few penalty goals during the first half.

Hoping the loss makes them more determined to improve.

No discernable change of tactics in second half. Full marks to Stephen Kearney. Clearly had done his homework on our attack.

Look forward to ANZAC Day for Roosters clash and how the team reacts to this result.