What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drop kick try

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It's a non issue cause it happened to the Broncos. Just wait until Penrith or the Tigers cop it. You'll need to drop down to Bunnings to get some quality pliers to remove Paul Kent and Phil Gould from the roof.

kdalymc

Bench
prob doesnt need to be 50 pages.
slaters drop kick- if thats the rules thats the rules.
they could say "needs to be a genuine attempt at goal" but then who defines that.. we know refs wont be consistent, but yeah this is probs the first time in 50 years that's happened too..

TheVelourFog

First Grade
doesn't even have to be an attempt at goal

they basically said a dropkick is a valid kick anywhere on the field

if that's the ruling then fair enough let's see it applied consistently

but it won't

TheVelourFog

First Grade
and as was pointed out Benji famously scored a similar one a few years ago

so for the commentators to claim they've never seen it before they must have short memories

kdalymc

Bench
Use the progress bar to freeze it when the ball hits the turf, genius.

They call it a drop kick try, because you have to be a f**king dropkick to think that is in the spirit of the game.
every one on the planet knows what happened,

RE the rules.

the only way we could fix the rule is to make it state-
player must have control ie cant be from a knock on,

so you can grubber a drop kick all day long, but if you knock on then kick make that illegal

and as was pointed out Benji famously scored a similar one a few years ago

so for the commentators to claim they've never seen it before they must have short memories

similar but different

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
every one on the planet knows what happened,

RE the rules.

the only way we could fix the rule is to make it state-
player must have control ie cant be from a knock on,

so you can grubber a drop kick all day long, but if you knock on then kick make that illegal

.....They're the same f**king thing.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
1. im going to do a drop kick grubber and score in the corner here
2. ahh f**k i just dropped it, better kick it on the bounce

1 should be ok, 2 not

And pray tell how it is you expect the referees to make the correct assumption on shit like that when they can't even get obstructions right 50% of the time

SBD82

Coach
It's a non issue cause it happened to the Broncos. Just wait until Penrith or the Tigers cop it. You'll need to drop down to Bunnings to get some quality pliers to remove Paul Kent and Phil Gould from the roof.
Fmd. Settle down.

I completely agree with you, why make it a club issue? Happened years ago to the dragons and it was wrong then. It's wrong that it happened to your shitty club tonight. Ironically, if they do something about it following tonight, it means that by your logic, the broncos are favoured and the dragons are not. Which is obviously bullshit.

I'd expect that there will be one of two things happen in The next couple of days. Either the reds will come out and apologise and admit the got it wrong, or they will put out a directive about how this needs to be adjudicated in the future.

kdalymc

Bench
or we can agree thats what the rules state. its a shit/grey are rule, however its happened once (like this) in a blue moon.