What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Warriors

Drag Queen

Bench
Didn't see the game, can't watch for a few weeks. But it doesn't make for good reading.
62% possession
Warriors had someone sinbinned
AND we still lost?
That's a concern. Stats-wise thats poor.
You read that right Crush. Friggen poor. Warriors didn't play smart tonight either because I lost count the of the penalties they gave away. St Jimmy was on the money. The comp starts now.

Frank Facer

First Grade
This is why I laughed when people said "No Johnson, no worries"

Lino is damn good
Lino certainly does look like a very good prospect. I wonder what they will do with him or if another club will sign him, as he will have a very difficult time ousting Johnson or Green in the near future.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
So when we don't win everyone jumps on the "The Warriors are fantastic" bandwagon.
If you had of swapped Dufty for Darius Boyd tonight you would have thought we were back in 2010 / 2011.
Old tired plays that are easily defended and were never going to score 30 points against any opposition team.
Again when greatness stares us in the face we go to a conservative position instead of grasping the moment.
One out shit forward play which didn't work out and long telegraphed sweeping back line plays which didn't work out either.
So the kick from the scrum that almost led to a surprise Mann try but for a crap bounce was us going back to being conservative?? And many offloads as well during the game too. Face it, Warriors defended well ok.I think you are being way too negative about a single loss.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Great battle won by the better side on the night. I was always worried about Luke & unfortunately he delivered his best game for ages. The time has now arrived which most on here were expecting to see how they react in the next few weeks. If The mental demons will start if they go into their shell. Let’s see if L plate can go to the next level as a coach. Tonight wasn’t a good start from him with no plan b as well as leaving Sele collecting splinters In his rse on the bench.
Over to you L plate.
Yeah unbelievable decision (but not surprising with Mary)...we have a short 4 day turn around and we travel to NZ and play 16....dont be surprised if on Wednesday Mann is sitting with Sele pulling splinters out of each others arse ..

Drag Queen

Bench
Lino certainly does look like a very good prospect. I wonder what they will do with him or if another club will sign him, as he will have a very difficult time ousting Johnson or Green in the near future.
He's not in a position to oust either but he's a bloody good sub tbh

gonz

Juniors
Dufty tonight, He hardly ran straight. Every time he got the ball his sideways movement was too predictable & that stuffed our attack. He also must be the worst defensive fullback in the Comp so that will cost them at the end of the year if he doesn't improve. The worst part about this game though was the lack of coaches tactics. They run 90% of plays to the left instead of using Aitkin a little more. The Warriors rushed them in D but our dumb coach failed to tell his halves to start grubbering behind the line to catch them out. He must have wanted to expose Kata missing from their team . Instead of trying to use one of the form centres Aitkin a little more.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Dont want to get to negative after our first loss but Im a little bit concerned with the lack of grunt from Graham in the lasr 2 games...not sure if hes carrying an injury but to be honest he looks buggered the last few games....hope he can fire up again on Wednesday as we will need him at his best....was a Latimore fan years ago and so will be looking to him to lift as well...I know hes a bit older than when he left us but he needs to add a bit more starch to his game imo...just an observation of these two of late

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
Didn't see the game, can't watch for a few weeks. But it doesn't make for good reading.
62% possession
Warriors had someone sinbinned
AND we still lost?
That's a concern. Stats-wise thats poor.
Tough game. Warriors played an up tempo, in your face style that threw us off our game. We were flat but still in it save a questionable bunker call against us costing us a try. They really worked over Hunt, Widdop & Dufty taking away any space they had. Mind you they pumped us in the forwards who were well down on energy(Sele staying benched the whole game didn’t help). Mann looked good when he came on. McInnes was busy.
Make no mistake, the Warriors are a very good side who were missing Johnson, Kata through pre game injury & Harris going down midway through the first half & not returning.
One of the better games of the year so far.

Tough game. Warriors played an up tempo, in your face style that threw us off our game. We were flat but still in it save a questionable bunker call against us costing us a try. They really worked over Hunt, Widdop & Dufty taking away any space they had. Mind you they pumped us in the forwards who were well down on energy(Sele staying benched the whole game didn’t help). Mann looked good when he came on. McInnes was busy.
Make no mistake, the Warriors are a very good side who were missing Johnson, Kata through pre game injury & Harris going down midway through the first half & not returning.
One of the better games of the year so far.

The Warriors played the Ref.
Give away the first 6 penalties for offside, the Ref knows he will cop it from the commentators if he blows 20 so puts the whistle away.
That’s why Hunt, Widdop and Dufty had no room.

The forwards all looked down, which is why you play with 3 forwards on the bench, but we continue to handicap ourselves by not bloody using one.
Great game plan yet again.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The loss needs to be into context;

1. the draw has been exceptionally kind over the first six weeks - four home games and the opposition substandard.

3. it was also the first time SGI faced a hostile crowd AND against a genuinely competitive side....it failed this test.
I will put the loss into context. We played very well, only to lose to a very good side, who played very well at home.

If Nene catches the ball, it could have been a different game. If the video ref decided that the Warriors had played their advantage when Lafai took the intercept, it could have been a different game. If we took our shots for penalty goal, it could have been a different game. If we had Lomax on the wing, instead of Nightingale, it could have been a different game. If Widdop didn't miss the one on one tackle early in the game, it could have been a different game. Dufty was tackled just as he as about to take Simms pass and dropped the ball, It could have easily been a penalty to us then, or even a sin bin.

We are playing very well this year.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Give away the first 6 penalties for offside, the Ref knows he will cop it from the commentators if he blows 20 so puts the whistle away.

The forwards all looked down, which is why you play with 3 forwards on the bench, but we continue to handicap ourselves by not bloody using one.
Yeah, I was concerned when we received so many penalties in early in the game. I thought the refs would want to even up the penalty count and would stop penalising the Warriors.

Drag Queen

Bench
I can handle losing a game to a better opponents on the night, providing refereeing decisions didn’t cost us the night.
Kudos to the Warriors..... they purposely played off side, in our face, and won.

They had a plan and it worked.
Hopefully, we can and must learn from this ....... cause every team will try the same tactics

Next Wednesday, we play the car dealership with the extended warranty.

Hopefully, we can go for a complete recall warranty service and costs the Eastern Surburbs Rorting Services big dollars.

Now comes the Mary test.[/QUOTWowsers that's a big call given all the penalties against the Warriors. Put it this way.. If they were going to lose it would be to my go to team who haven't done well in the past. I'm already getting grief from my cuzzies.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Good luck with that, I saw worrying signs from last year tonight.
Forwards looked tired and lifeless after 6 dominate performances.
Backs looked like, ONCE AGAIN, that there was no plan B
Yeah I have to agree....taking nothing away from The Warriors they deserved to win but we lost our way more than once in this match.....our shape and structure was lacking and at times we looked as though we were waiting for something to happen rather than making it...anyhow important game coming up on Wednesday I hope we can lift for this one...its going to be a tough ask with only 4 days off.

Yeah I have to agree....taking nothing away from The Warriors they deserved to win but we lost our way more than once in this match.....our shape and structure was lacking and at times we looked as though we were waiting for something to happen rather than making it...anyhow important game coming up on Wednesday I hope we can lift for this one...its going to be a tough ask with only 4 days off.

Especially as he only used 16 players, not the 17 available.
Way to run the forwards into the ground again Mary.

Drag Queen

Bench

Look at the penalties for and against and I find your argument mute tbh. We got done. No excuses and already time to move on. I'm not going to underestimate the Roosters either. I'm not going to mortgage my house on that one.

Shulman

Juniors
Before this weekend, after the opening 6 rounds (and as the ladder stood at that point), the undefeated Dragons had beaten no one in the top 6.

Just an observation.

Straight Shooter

#battendownthehatches
They’re not in the top 6 because we beat them. Just an observation you idiot