What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: LIVE game day thread EELS v Manly April 22nd

Suitman

Post Whore
What he is getting at is Guth was involved on the other side of field yet ran all the way infield to be in support . Huge effort to be there.

Yep, I can accept that. That's why Gutho is a great player. No doubt. That sort of effort has been a huge contribution as to why he has been promoted as a co-captain.
To suggest no other Eels player could have done it is a bit fanciful though. That was my point.
Any player at this moment who is massively pumped would have scored that try. Geez, even Hayne may have if he was on the field.

Djay

Juniors
Not sure if it's his attitude or just his body which is totally done. He can't cut it in the NRL anymore sadly.
I know this could be very unfair to say but I can't help but think if that was Taka injured today he would atleast try and play through it, I remember in 2015 against Souths he was legit busted and kept turning up in defence cause he knew we needed him.

Hayne I feel gets a little tweak and says thats enough.

Like I said could be unfair but I think his soft. He showed class today and could be valuable but he can't even stay on the field.

Djay

Juniors
Yep, I can accept that. That's why Gutho is a great player. No doubt. That sort of effort has been a huge contribution as to why he has been promoted as a co-captain.
To suggest no other Eels player could have done it is a bit fanciful though. That was my point.
Any player at this moment who is massively pumped would have scored that try. Geez, even Hayne may have if he was on the field.
That's the different with Guth, his special in that aspect not any and every player would do that, regardless of the situation and Hayne certainly hasn't shown anything to suggest he would either.

Suitman

Post Whore
That's the different with Guth, his special in that aspect not any and every player would do that, regardless of the situation and Hayne certainly hasn't shown anything to suggest he would either.

Mmmm. Ok.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't like Hayne but to be honest I haven't seen enough this year to say that he is not NRL standard. He hasn't had a lot of luck. Let's not write him off just yet.

I love Hayne and wish he got back to 2014 form. But the more I see the more i feel like he will just be a good Nrl player at best. Forget top 5 player in game and forget origin level.

Noise

Coach
I love Hayne and wish he got back to 2014 form. But the more I see the more i feel like he will just be a good Nrl player at best. Forget top 5 player in game and forget origin level.

At 500k a year we don't need him to be a top 5 player in the game. And i'd rather he didn't play origin. He was looking solid today and provided a nice try assist in the 30min before he got injured (he was actually injured prior to his try assist). If he can get through games injury free and provide what he did today then he is doing exactly what we need of him.

hindy111

Post Whore
At 500k a year we don't need him to be a top 5 player in the game. And i'd rather he didn't play origin. He was looking solid today and provided a nice try assist in the 30min before he got injured (he was actually injured prior to his try assist). If he can get through games injury free and provide what he did today then he is doing exactly what we need of him.

He passed a ball that is all...... 90% of players on wing could of done that ffs. Lets not glorify something as simple as a draw and pass.

hindy111

Post Whore
I expect Avenger back this week talking us up to win the Premiership.

5/7

Are we realy a chance at finals? I think there are 2 games left that worry me but the next 3 weeks are going to be hard to get through.
A loss in any of the next 3 I reckon kills us tbh.
If we could manage to be 4/10 its not ideal but it is something to work with.

Latest posts