What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

saint.nick

Coach
The Salah substitution had nothing to do with the two goals we let in. It all came down to complacent miscommunication between the players, they were no longer collectively pressing high up the pitch. What the hell that has to do with Salah's lethal attacking threat high up the pitch I have no idea. We were able to press last season without Salah yet now some of you think it all depends on him being on the pitch? Bloody hell, put away the torches and pitchforks. This is purely something that the players need to sort out between themselves on the pitch when in very commanding leads, not some tactical matter for Klopp to get his around.

5-2 is a fantastic result, if Roma didnt pull that win off against a very ordinary Barca then people wouldnt be spooked like this

saint.nick

Coach
Relax guys. I can't see a way that you can be beaten

They may as well start engraving the trophy now. God himself couldn't stop it now. In fact, I defy God to figure out a way

It's your year

#sixtimes
Ffs I cannot tell if you are trolling.

thorson1987

Coach
I don’t think we’ll win the whole thing but 5-2 first leg shouldn’t have so much pessimism attached to it.

I’m enjoying the ride this campaign has taken me on. Nothing more nothing less

Agreed.

If anyone told me we would make it out of the group stages prior to the season I would have taken that.

To be 90 minutes away with one foot in the final is f**king amazing.

thorson1987

Coach
And get the f**k out of here blaming Klopp taking off Salah for conceding the 2 goals. He took him off against City in the 52nd minute, and we were under a f**kload more pressure for most of the half than what Roma gave us, and we didn't concede.

All the merkins whinging about the change would be the same merkins whinging about him getting a season ending injury if he was kept on at 5-0.

saint.nick

Coach
And get the f**k out of here blaming Klopp taking off Salah for conceding the 2 goals. He took him off against City in the 52nd minute, and we were under a f**kload more pressure for most of the half than what Roma gave us, and we didn't concede.

All the merkins whinging about the change would be the same merkins whinging about him getting a season ending injury if he was kept on at 5-0.
It is like they are pretending to know about tactics. Roma were already pressing high the whole game yet people want to be revisionists and say they only scored two goals because they started pressing high after no longer having to worry about Salah. f**king geniused.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
So Buvac has left assistant duties for the rest of the season. Apparently it’s down to a disagreement between him and Klopp over team selections. Buvac wants sides to be selected more on technicality and tactics but Klopp seems to be taking more advice from the medical staff about players fitness.

This has apparently made Buvac feel a little less important to the set up which has lead to him leaving the set up indefinitely.

Not ideal on the eve of one of our biggest games in over a decade. He’s the brains behind our training and tactics tho I should t affect in the short term one would think. Hopefully he and Klopp can kiss and make up as they clearly make a good partnership in management.

Foz

Bench

Sounds good.
Except he played against Stoke on the weekend.

thorson1987

Coach
We conquered all of Europe,
And we will never stop,
From Paris on to Turkey,
We've won the f*cking lot!

Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly,
The Fields of Anfield Road,
We are the supporters,
We come from Liverpool!

Allez, allez, allez!
Allez, allez, allez!
Allez, allez, allez!
Allez, allez, allez!

cb4

First Grade
Cannot believe we are in a Champions League Final. Booking flights to Kiev at lunch!

thorson1987

Coach
Cannot believe we are in a Champions League Final. Booking flights to Kiev at lunch!

Thank f**k for the 13 day gap between the last PL game and the CL final, need to be as close to full strength as we can for the Chelsea match and possibly against BHA.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
We tried our best to blow it but we weren't quite shit enough.

Regroup, focus and play to our strengths and we are a massive chance imo.

DC80

Juniors
It’s a fabulous achievement.

Big decision for the final is whether Trent starts or Clyne comes back in. That performance of Trent was shocking. Klopp will be looking over the game again and that right back position is a massive concern from a defenisve standpoint. Cristiano Ronaldo (albeit not as mobile as he once was) and Marcelo will exploit that if we play anything like we did in Rome. Cross after cross was allowed to come in without a block. Van Dijk saved his arse so many times with a clearance. He also misread passes which allowed the opposition in at least twice. Getting done for pace was also a major issue. He seems flat footed, incapable of tracking the runner. Best thing he did was block that goal bound shot with his hand and thankfully got away with it. The other 10 could play well and Trent play like that against Madrid and he will cost us. He’s young so he’s raw, but the final is not the game to be learning on the job.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
It’s a fabulous achievement.

Big decision for the final is whether Trent starts or Clyne comes back in. That performance of Trent was shocking. Klopp will be looking over the game again and that right back position is a massive concern from a defenisve standpoint. Cristiano Ronaldo (albeit not as mobile as he once was) and Marcelo will exploit that if we play anything like we did in Rome. Cross after cross was allowed to come in without a block. Van Dijk saved his arse so many times with a clearance. He also misread passes which allowed the opposition in at least twice. Getting done for pace was also a major issue. He seems flat footed, incapable of tracking the runner. Best thing he did was block that goal bound shot with his hand and thankfully got away with it. The other 10 could play well and Trent play like that against Madrid and he will cost us. He’s young so he’s raw, but the final is not the game to be learning on the job.
Its not a big decision at all. Trent plays.

Everybody was saying the exact same thing before the City tie and he kept Sane in his pocket.

He wasnt the only average player on the field. Where was the midfield in the second half?

Besides, people grossly overrate Clyne.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I thought TAA had been playing pretty well recently and had deserved his spot in the team but yeh he was close to diabolical today.

Ronaldo running at him all night is giving me nightmares.

Its not a big decision at all. Trent plays.

Everybody was saying the exact same thing before the City tie and he kept Sane in his pocket.

Yep. Clyne has not played much football this season due to injury and I doubt he is anywhere near full match fitness. As such it would not be a good idea to chuck him into a final as he'd be under done. Remember what happened with Harry Kewell in the 2005 CL Final when, despite not being at full fitness, Benitez started him? As such I agree with you Nick.