What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nah still here. the facts are the facts you might not like them, or me, but you can’t deny them, or seemingly ignore me lol.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nah still here. the facts are the facts you might not like them, or me, but you can’t deny them, or seemingly ignore me lol.
They're not facts when you cherry pick what suits you and ignore the rest.

All while derailing the thread. Again.

Springs09

Juniors
We were promised more of that this year with the NRL's much vaunted control of fixtures returning.Its hard to see any evidence that it has actually made any difference. Either they didnt get control back or they are merkins who couldn't organise a root in a brothel, hard to know which!

The NRL having control means nothing, as their first priority is to please the blokes who pay the TV rights. It's pretty much no difference to 9 and Fox choosing the fixtures.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
How to hit 20k average for the season:
  • add a second Brisbane team which will easily average min 20k
  • once Sydney stadia are built, schedule so that there is a Sydney 'match of the round' on Friday night and a 'family Sunday' match both averaging 25k - 30k.
  • Negotiate Thursday night out of the TV deal and add an additional Sunday game
  • Play annual double headers at Suncorp, Melbourne, Auckland and Perth to boost numbers attending
  • Play traditional poorly attended fixtures in regional centres that can hold min 12k and sell it out - essentially exchanging a sub 10k crowd in Sydney for a 12k crowd and goodwill in the country

Jamberoo

Juniors
  • once Sydney stadia are built, schedule so that there is a Sydney 'match of the round' on Friday night and a 'family Sunday' match both averaging 25k - 30k.
  • Play annual double headers at Suncorp, Melbourne, Auckland and Perth to boost numbers attending
  • Play traditional poorly attended fixtures in regional centres that can hold min 12k and sell it out - essentially exchanging a sub 10k crowd in Sydney for a 12k crowd and goodwill in the country
Reduce the cost of a child ticket from over $20 at some grounds (Leichhardt) to $5.

P.s. Are there really 20k non Broncos fans in Brisbane sitting idle just waiting for a new team? Or if people switch from the Broncos, then their crowds will drop (as happened with Melbourne Victory/City).

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Reduce the cost of a child ticket from over $20 at some grounds (Leichhardt) to $5.

P.s. Are there really 20k non Broncos fans in Brisbane sitting idle just waiting for a new team? Or if people switch from the Broncos, then their crowds will drop (as happened with Melbourne Victory/City).

I think what will realistically happen is that the Broncs may temporarily drop 3 or 4k in attendances but the second club will easily average 20k min. The reasons I think this are:

• The Broncos are polarising in Brisbane but still have around 25k core fans (you can tell this because the attendance doesn't usually drop below this even against away teams with just about 0 fans either travelling or living in Brisbane
  • The other 5 to 15k that attend their games are made up of away fans or neutrals that want to see a good game
  • There is a large swathe of RL fans that don't follow the Broncos - most have another team but it is not inconceivable to see them adopting Brisbane 2 (even if it is as their second side or just to stick it up the Broncos). Some people will buy memberships of both clubs just to see top flight RL each week
  • The Crushers averaged 23k in their first season but unfortunately were a victim of poor timing as their entry co-incided with the beginning of the SL war - and that was 23 years ago
I am a born and bred Brisbanite that goes to a few RL games a year, I love Queensland but I am not a Broncos fan. There are many of us here and that plus the decent away support that some teams have here will easily see them hitting the 20k min target. The following games would all draw well:

v Broncos 40k
v Storm 30k
v Warriors 30k
v Titans 20k
v Cowboys 25k
v any of the big 5 Sydney clubs when they are playing well 25k

That is 170k aggregate from 6 games. They would then only need to draw another 70k aggregate (11.6k per game - easily done) from their final 6 games to hit 20k average for the season.

First Grade

It really is astonishing the amount of people you encounter in Ipswich / Brisbane that hate the Broncos, there would be enough support for another team.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
It really is astonishing the amount of people you encounter in Ipswich / Brisbane that hate the Broncos, there would be enough support for another team.

Yep - and that is a no brainer when it comes to solving the problem of how to get the league attendance average up.

Springs09

Juniors

With a Perth team as well they can keep some of their silly timeslots like 6pm Friday.

The new Parramatta Stadium should help as well. Hopefully it means no more Eels or Tigers home games at ANZ.

Sunday inter-Sydney matches should be averaging 25k now. Games like Souths v Roosters or Eels v Tigers should be getting 35k+

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
With a Perth team as well they can keep some of their silly timeslots like 6pm Friday.
I think you might have this arse-about... 6pm Friday in Perth is 8pm in the east (9pm for the first month).

Playing Perth games at 6pm in the east would have them on at 3pm or 4pm... nope

Springs09

Juniors
I think you might have this arse-about... 6pm Friday in Perth is 8pm in the east (9pm for the first month).

Playing Perth games at 6pm in the east would have them on at 3pm or 4pm... nope

Yeah its NZ I was thinking of

But its the same principle, they can have 6pm Sunday games and live 9.30pm Friday and Saturday games

Stallion

First Grade

I will agree with you in this regard PR. An astonishing number of "contributors " in this thread will not even accept truths that relay a message of neglect and apathy from those administering rugby league. Especially at junior level which is at very poor levels and is under seige in heartland areas of Newcastle, especially the inner city and coastline districts. They are informed and depict the informant as a liar!, ? This is a pathetic stance and is unfortunately a consistent feature for many on this site. They only like to hear what they want to hear and will not accept the blatant realities that are facing the code as we communicate.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
I will agree with you in this regard PR. An astonishing number of "contributors " in this thread will not even accept truths that relay a message of neglect and apathy from those administering rugby league. Especially at junior level which is extremely at very poor levels and is under seige in heartland areas of Newcastle, especially the inner cits and coastline districts. They are informed and depicts the informant as a liar!, ? This is a pathetic stance and is unfortunately a consistent feature for many on this site. They only like to hear what they want to hear and will not accept the blatant realities that are facing the code as we communicate.

which is extremely at very poor levels

ahhhh
sure

There's prob more than that who are non bronco fans ..heaps more
There's the local bris comp followers who have never forgiven the Broncos for decimating that comp .
There's also heaps of Other teams Fans who rarely get to see St g or Parra etc play .
They would more than likely adopt a sec Bris team as their own while still supporting their old team .

Stallion

First Grade
which is extremely at very poor levels

ahhhh
sure

I amended the text . I note you don't believe the information, be it anecdotal from someone on the ground in schools and with the ability to see various schools in the Newcastle inner city areas? Trust me I don't disclose/convey this information with a scare mongering intent. It's purely a reflection of what is happening in the primary schools of inner city and coastal Newcastle. If I don't state this then what happens? Absolutely no knowledge of the neglect and reduction of rugby league in this areas youth. Having a class of 30 year 3/4 students refer to football as being AFL in a coastal Newcastle school is not good news or a good sign for rugby league going forward .

Last edited:
Blah blah blah.

That all I see from a couple of posters in here.

At least when Raiderdave argues a point, he isn’t an annoying irritating turd about it

I amended the text . I note you don't believe the information, be it anecdotal from someone on the ground in schools and with the ability to see various schools in the Newcastle inner city areas? Trust me I don't disclose/convey this information with a scare mongering intent. It's purely a reflection of what is happening in the primary schools of inner city and coastal Newcastle. If I don't state this then what happens? Absolutely no knowledge of the neglect and reduction of rugby league in this areas youth. Having a class of 30 year 3/4 students refer to football as being AFL in a coastal Newcastle school is not good news or a good sign for rugby league going forward .

IMG_4578.JPG