What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Warriors Fever

Juniors
“Just under 13k”commentators said

Good for a sht spot but shows how low the bar has become.
Everything before the word but is horseshit. Do you ever have anything positive to say? Or do you get off on talking everything down ffs even the crowd at kogorah you had to throw some negative shade on.

carcharias

Immortal
Btw my first visit to Leichhardt oval and I’m definitely going to try and get back. The noise it generates is incredible and although it’s a bit awkward to get to there is definitely something special about it and the tigers usually respond in the way they play there.

I have some great mates some still here.. some not who were Balmain boys.
It’s a bloody unreal place.

DIOGENES

Juniors
There is usually a great atmosphere at Leichhardt but the facilities are pretty much the same as Newcastle No 1 Sportsground in 1968

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’ve only now realised the spot you were referring to might have been Thursday, not the ground itself. My apologies

yes meant time spot, and no 13k isn't really much to get excited about for an NRL crowd, except it was Thursday night. If the limit of our ambition is to make grounds look full then lets play out of 15k stadiums and will look great on tv every game.

On the crowd it was interesting how many people were wearing Balmain gear rather than Wests Tigers gear, I guess plenty haven't moved on or only come out of the woodwork for Leichardt games?

Warriors Fever

Juniors
yes meant time spot, and no 13k isn't really much to get excited about for an NRL crowd, except it was Thursday night. If the limit of our ambition is to make grounds look full then lets play out of 15k stadiums and will look great on tv every game.

On the crowd it was interesting how many people were wearing Balmain gear rather than Wests Tigers gear, I guess plenty haven't moved on or only come out of the woodwork for Leichardt games?
I saw a mix of both west’s and Balmain and that’s a bit of a sweeping statement.

Pommy

Coach
I’m not trying to knock Newcastle fans as they are generally great but the stadium looks a little sparse tonight.

Burns

First Grade
Probably our worst crowd in a few years tonight. Cold doesn’t help, but I think the entire town would be very flat after last weeks lost against South Sydney, then the A-League GF the night after.

50,000 people who probably after a break tbh.

Clifferd

Coach
2 sets of fair weather fans. If both these teams were in the top 4 this would be close to 40k, instead it looks no bigger than 15k