What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Brisbane double header crowd looks like its heading for 30-33k.

90% of the crowd there for broncos v sea eagles. Broncos members had to pay, so I am happy.

Don’t want another double header in Brisbane for atleast four years, or if there is, ensure there is hype around it like the one in 2016 that sold out.

justdave

Juniors

90% of the crowd there for broncos v sea eagles. Broncos members had to pay, so I am happy.

Don’t want another double header in Brisbane for atleast four years, or if there is, ensure there is hype around it like the one in 2016 that sold out.
What? Not again for 4 years? What about those tens of thousands of Manly fans pumping millions into the Brissy economy?

Embarrassing double headers should be no excuse sell out, the fact fans don't want to see 2 games for one sums up the apathy of heartlands. Even worse the proclaimed league capital Brisbane won't sell out.

T-Boon

Coach
How to hit 20k average for the season:
  • add a second Brisbane team which will easily average min 20k
  • once Sydney stadia are built, schedule so that there is a Sydney 'match of the round' on Friday night and a 'family Sunday' match both averaging 25k - 30k.
  • Negotiate Thursday night out of the TV deal and add an additional Sunday game
  • Play annual double headers at Suncorp, Melbourne, Auckland and Perth to boost numbers attending
  • Play traditional poorly attended fixtures in regional centres that can hold min 12k and sell it out - essentially exchanging a sub 10k crowd in Sydney for a 12k crowd and goodwill in the country

I would give the Knights a fixed day of the week for games. Even a crap one like 6pm friday. They would start averaging 25k very shortly.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Didn’t seem to be too much ticket availability when I looked last night, ends and corners mostly. Unless they’ve kept some bays unreleased?

Entire level 7 unreleased, a few thousand left level 5 & 6. Crowd will be thick due to no GA bays, so atmosphere will be good.

Chook Norris

First Grade
How to hit 20k average for the season:
  • add a second Brisbane team which will easily average min 20k
  • once Sydney stadia are built, schedule so that there is a Sydney 'match of the round' on Friday night and a 'family Sunday' match both averaging 25k - 30k.
  • Negotiate Thursday night out of the TV deal and add an additional Sunday game
  • Play annual double headers at Suncorp, Melbourne, Auckland and Perth to boost numbers attending
  • Play traditional poorly attended fixtures in regional centres that can hold min 12k and sell it out - essentially exchanging a sub 10k crowd in Sydney for a 12k crowd and goodwill in the country

Excellent post. Strongly agree with the second point in terms of marketing it.

Some extra predictability with the scheduling; making those matches special to attend; and giving fans something to look forward each week.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Might be here to stay. I think it’s a direct swap from the Monday night and is doing better in that regard so NRl probably won’t change it

In reality it’s a swap for the Friday night game that used to be shown on delay. Thursday is the swap from Monday in terms of a weeknight game.
We’re stuck with both sht spots for at least 5 years.

Latest posts