What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next Batch of Coaches

Woosh

Head Moderator
I guess the big 3 coaches not so long ago were Bellamy, Bennett and Hasler.
Then we had the likes of Robinson, Green, Flanagan, Cleary come through.
We are now seeing some good things from Brown and McGregor.
We also got two rookie coaches in Seibold and Brennan both very highly rated for a long time.
And then we have the rest meh.
So who are the next big 3 coaches?
Maybe someone like Demetriou or Stacey Jones might get their chance?

Canard

Immortal
If Bennett had concentrated on coaching and not where his next batch is going, the Knights and Broncos would have been better for it.

T-Boon

Coach
I think the game would benefit from getting coaches in from outside of rugby league.
Not necessarily in head coaching positions initially but the assistant coaching positions. Especially offence coaches. The game desperately needs offence coaches. And new ideas on how to attack.
Look at what non RL coaches have done for defence, wrestling coaches have changed everything. Likewise strength and conditioning coaches have made them massive and fit. These guys come from outside the game.
Where the coaching has fallen badly behind is in attack and that is dominated by ex players who are drop kicks who are experts because they played the game.
Maybe they should get some coaches in from American Football.

I also think the head of football job (i.e. Gould) should be cut. Complete waste of the codes money.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Some ex raiders player will no doubt coach us into mediocrity soon enough when Stuart eventually retires or gets fired in 2030.

Lets say Terry Campese

2010Dragons

Bench
Coaches are only as good as the players they have to work with.

My point is, If a Coach has the players with the best attitude and skill, then he is just glorified clipboard holders who only need to motivate and man manager his team to be the best coach.

Look at Bennett as an example, years gone by had the best players in his teams and won many premierships including the 2010 competition... yes the wonderful 2010 memories .

Now he has average to below average players at the Broncos and looks like an below average clueless old Coach.

Remember at the Knights he tried to ensemble another strong group of players but just didn’t happen.

When the star players at the Storm retire or move on Bellamy is going to also look like an below average clueless old Coach.

Look at McGregor. he has almost the same squad as last year with the inclusion of skillful Hunt and hardworking Graham. The full squad have a massive improved attitude this year and make McGregor look like a good coach.
The best players make coaches look good.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
I think the game would benefit from getting coaches in from outside of rugby league.
Not necessarily in head coaching positions initially but the assistant coaching positions. Especially offence coaches. The game desperately needs offence coaches. And new ideas on how to attack.
Look at what non RL coaches have done for defence, wrestling coaches have changed everything. Likewise strength and conditioning coaches have made them massive and fit. These guys come from outside the game.
Where the coaching has fallen badly behind is in attack and that is dominated by ex players who are drop kicks who are experts because they played the game.
Maybe they should get some coaches in from American Football.

I also think the head of football job (i.e. Gould) should be cut. Complete waste of the codes money.

We could call them Strong Coaches or Muscle Coaches

Latest posts