What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

hindy111

Post Whore
last year the exact same forward pack was touted by practically everyone as the toughest hard working pack in the game .... we bashed the f**k out of a massive storm pack week one of the finals last year

What a difference 8 months make

Yes we went balls out in the final against Storm. Gave it everything we had.
That level is not sustainable for 26 rounds. Heck our forwards couldnt even back it up the following week and got rolled up the guts with ease......

Gazzamatta

Coach
last year the exact same forward pack was touted by practically everyone as the toughest hard working pack in the game .... we bashed the f**k out of a massive storm pack week one of the finals last year

What a difference 8 months make
Impressive at times they were but its not sustainable. The method of our wins probably gave an indication of what was to come. Unfortunately we love winning and mostly dont look beyond that.

Gazzamatta

Coach
A preseason wasted with running mechanics and minimal wrestling
Lol. I really wish this wasnt mentioned as a pre season focus. Its really easy to find negatives when results arent forthcoming.
I must say Mennings style when in the clear last night was impressive though. Which commentator use to say "he took 2 steps on the same blade of grass"? My God he looked slow. Maybe age has caught up.

Noise

Coach
Lol. I really wish this wasnt mentioned as a pre season focus. Its really easy to find negatives when results arent forthcoming.
I must say Mennings style when in the clear last night was impressive though. Which commentator use to say "he took 2 steps on the same blade of grass"? My God he looked slow. Maybe age has caught up.

For all the focus on running mechanics I don’t think any of our players look faster.

strider

Post Whore
Yes we went balls out in the final against Storm. Gave it everything we had.
That level is not sustainable for 26 rounds. Heck our forwards couldnt even back it up the following week and got rolled up the guts with ease......
Impressive at times they were but its not sustainable. The method of our wins probably gave an indication of what was to come. Unfortunately we love winning and mostly dont look beyond that.
im not saying we need to play like that for 26 rounds, just an example that the players in question are able to be a tough forward pack

we are just off all over the field this year ... several players have dropped off and lack consistency .... confidence is shot .... not playing like a team .... no f**ker is moving off the ball

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yep I’m now done. I wanted to give BA every opportunity because I like the guy but we need a change. We look inept in both attack and defence. He is paid a massive amount of money to produce results and that hasn’t happened. If I produced similar results, even on a fraction of his wage, I’d get boned. Nice guy and all, but seems to be out of his depth.

Interestingly, I was invited to a team building weekend with a semi professional sporting club. They had won the comp last year off the back of a tragic event. They weren’t really in the hunt until that occurred and it galvanised them to a premiership. They recognised that but their entire focus over the off season was being the best team tactically and professionally, as emotion wouldn’t get the job done this year.

I think a lot can be said for playing off the back of emotion and I think emotion may have played a part in the back half of 2016 and even 2017. Unfortunately, we don’t have that to fall back on this year and our structure and tactics are coming up short.

eel01s

Bench
Agreed, sadly. As others have said, we just don't defend or attack as a cohesive unit. That is on the coach. We have no tactics either. In most games this year we have been in a position to win, yet we continue to play like under 10's.

You can forgive mistakes, but not lapses that happen every game. We have had enough opportunities the last three weeks to score many tries but we are so predictable the opposition can defend too easily.

Avenger

Immortal
Yep I’m now done. I wanted to give BA every opportunity because I like the guy but we need a change. We look inept in both attack and defence. He is paid a massive amount of money to produce results and that hasn’t happened. If I produced similar results, even on a fraction of his wage, I’d get boned. Nice guy and all, but seems to be out of his depth.

Interestingly, I was invited to a team building weekend with a semi professional sporting club. They had won the comp last year off the back of a tragic event. They weren’t really in the hunt until that occurred and it galvanised them to a premiership. They recognised that but their entire focus over the off season was being the best team tactically and professionally, as emotion wouldn’t get the job done this year.

I think a lot can be said for playing off the back of emotion and I think emotion may have played a part in the back half of 2016 and even 2017. Unfortunately, we don’t have that to fall back on this year and our structure and tactics are coming up short.
Great post mate.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Great post mate.
Thanks mate, although I wish I didn’t feel the need to post it.

Interestingly, the coach of that club spent months over the offseason with some very smart people (some were high profile NRL coaches) trying to find out how to achieve success after success.

Noise

Coach
BA has just run his course. In fact I was banging on about signing him at the end of 2013. You can dig up the posts. It’s not personal. He got too comfortable with the team and them with him.

Avenger

Immortal
BA has just run his course. In fact I was banging on about signing him at the end of 2013. You can dig up the posts. It’s not personal. He got too comfortable with the team and them with him.
Exactly, yet the BA bedwetters will have plenty to say in the morning when they change their soiled sheets for the 9th time this year.