What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Panthers

Missed the game(that might be fortunate by the sounds of it) & have just skimmed through the thread.
Sounds like we played circa 2017.
I noted Mann played big minutes in place of Hunt but what about the rest of the bench. Did McStubborn give them a run?

With the injuries we had going into the game taking toll Mary was forced into soiling the perfectly pristine number 17 jumper, the dry clearer is going to be pissed.

But yeah, Lawrie played, I thought he went well too, so will proberbly be dropped next week.

71saintsimon

Juniors
Our depth looks suspect because McMuppet refuses to play young guys, even when his first graders are obviously injured.
He has no clue how to bring a promising young player into grade.

One of the many, many, many things he has no clue about.
Exactly right the muppet is pure clueless wil rather play injured tired players or old has Beens over giving young kids a go how many tries must nightingale side leak before the bold muppet realises his got to go surly lomaz and Mann are far beter options on that side then lafai and nightingale unbelievable this muppet was resigned after the shemozzle of the last few years surly higher powers can see like everyone else can that this bold head is destroying any chance a young gun junior has of making it through because his policy is simply to pick old over the hill players first ,once again the grand final was played and won on Anzac Day after that the capitulation sets in under the famous McGregor coaching rein

I think blaming mcmuppet for everything is foolish.
Look at the players in reserve grade. We have all see a few isp games this year and have seen that nobody is really banging the door down.
Our depth looks weak. The reserves aren't in good form.

Yeah, real smart of Mary to push Demetriou out the door. Please don't tell me you believe James was wanting to return for 'personal' reasons.

Straight Shooter

Life's Good

Coach
With the injuries we had going into the game taking toll Mary was forced into soiling the perfectly pristine number 17 jumper, the dry clearer is going to be pissed.

But yeah, Lawrie played, I thought he went well too, so will proberbly be dropped next week.
Ok thanks.
Let’s hope that puts to bed any thought Mary has of innovating by using a 3 man bench in the same way Chris Anderson innovated with a single marker.

denis preston

First Grade
The 3 games that we have lost this year were all to teams who were in great form, but produced their best performance of the year against us. The 3 games we lost this year, the other teams scored first and we struggled to get on the front foot after that.

The 3 games we lost were all to teams in form in front of their home crowds.

We actually did try a few grubbers in behind the defence, but I think our outside backs are too slow to take advantage of the grubbers in behind the defensive line.

Hunt and DeBelin were both injured in 2 of our loses. Sims was bandaged up for tonight's game. We definitely should rest our injured players until they are fully fit again.

. Yes, good to see grubbers used against fast moving defenses, kudos to coaches.

BUT we need wingers with some speed over 15 metres to suceed in this , over to you coaches.

ouryears

Bench
Terrible performance last night.
Why and how only the players and coach can answer.

However, looking at the Sharks results when they won the comp in 2016, they got beat by 30 during the season and suffered other losses.

Let's see if we can bounce back.

I ain't confident, but I am not discounting it either.

Terrible performance last night.
Why and how only the players and coach can answer.

However, looking at the Sharks results when they won the comp in 2016, they got beat by 30 during the season and suffered other losses.

Let's see if we can bounce back.

I ain't confident, but I am not discounting it either.

We are bouncing all right, bounced right out of a poor performance against Souths, bounced into a equally lack lustre performance against the Raiders then bounced right on through to not even turning up against Penrith.
We just bounced straight out of first.
Bouncing is great, but gravity seems to have taken hold and we are bouncing down the ladder.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
This loss has been coming for a few
weeks. Things definitely need a shake up.
Negatives
-Hunt and De Belin have been 0laying injured for a few weeks.
-The team relies heavily on De Belin, Dufty, Frizell, Hunt, Mc Innes, Sims, Vaughan and Widdop being fit, on the field and playing to their potentisl. The rest of the players are expendable.
-Graham and Nightingale are past their primes.
-We have little back up in the forwards.
-At half-time Mc Gregor seemed to be putting pressure on Widdop to retrieve the game with little response.
-Too much pressure is being put on our best forwards as the reserves are not up to scratch.
-Our backline looks decidedly
slow compared to the opposition apart from Dufty, Mac Donald and Widdop.
-We need a good Vice-Captain such as De Belin as sometimes Widdop gets
overwhelmed by the pressure for him to lead the team around.
-Mann just thinks that he is a forward and a tackling machine.
-Have we got a winger to replace Nightingale?
-The Dragons have little penetration near the opposition goal line and in the first half should have scored at least two tries but instead did stupid kicks by Hunt and Widdop.
-The team may have acted despondently to Ah Mau's departure next year.
Let us see what happens in ISP on Fox at 11.45am today.

ouryears

Bench
We are bouncing all right, bounced right out of a poor performance against Souths, bounced into a equally lack lustre performance against the Raiders then bounced right on through to not even turning up against Penrith.
We just bounced straight out of first.
Bouncing is great, but gravity seems to have taken hold and we are bouncing down the ladder.
I know mate, damn disappointing. But I am not giving up hope yet. We beat storm, roosters and Sharks...I will reserve my judgement till the end of June.

Hoping for some great performances.....

carltonsouth79

First Grade
At the game last night it reminded me of the Warriors defeat. Exceptional, dubious line speed meant the halv s had no time at all to play. First half pretty even with defences dominating, second half we fell away, key injuries hurt us and their bench really had an impact. Maloney controlled the game tempo superbly.
Concerned we really don’t appear to have any great depth outside our 17. Host,Seles, Luciano all have had digs but then been dropped. Blake looked solid.
We certainly need this bye to get over injuries and fatigue I think.
On last night, McInnes and Aitken no chance of SOO- good for us!

At the game last night it reminded me of the Warriors defeat. Exceptional, dubious line speed meant the halv s had no time at all to play. First half pretty even with defences dominating, second half we fell away, key injuries hurt us and their bench really had an impact. Maloney controlled the game tempo superbly.
Concerned we really don’t appear to have any great depth outside our 17. Host,Seles, Luciano all have had digs but then been dropped. Blake looked solid.
We certainly need this bye to get over injuries and fatigue I think.
On last night, McInnes and Aitken no chance of SOO- good for us!

I was really disappointed in Hosts 3 1/2 minute display in the one game he got on the field.

ozbuck

Juniors
We came back one week before the finals last year when we only had to beat the rabble that was and is the Dogs to make it.
We all remember how that day ended.
The similarities to last year are glaringly obvious.

The output of this team is similar to last year ? Nup

rednwhites

Juniors
What good is the bye going to be if our best, already battered players are going to put it all on the line for Origin??

As much as I am intrigued by origin this year, part of me wants to fast forward ten weeks and just see if we are actually going to vie for this trophy or not. History tells us we are doomed.

_Johnsy

Referee
The most concerning aspects from last nights effort.
* the lack of line speed when the Panthers upped the ante, we just couldn’t go with them.
* the lack of creativity in attack, does a plan B even exist?
* the inability of our forwards to hit back when the opposition forwards start getting over us.
* the inability to have one player to pull the side together & decide kick long chase hard & defend with some sting for 15min to earn the right to play some footy.

In short, extremely dissapointing the last 3 weeks.

Penrith were hyped to the max.

Played the game like a grand final.

Team has been struggling for a few weeks now.

Sir James is doing his best but has little impact with the ball in hand. He should not be utilised as first or second receiver.

JDB & Sims to rest until they are fit enough to play at 100%.

Time to give the best of Lawrie/Sele, Host and Leilua game time.

Yes we may lose a few games whilst the young guys get accustomed to FG.

Still better than losing because we are playing key players busted.

Sir James to the bench or coaching box. LAM to start.

Mann to 7, until Hunt is fit.

Flo to ISP for Jordan P.

Mary to water boy.

Penrith were hyped to the max.

Played the game like a grand final.

Team has been struggling for a few weeks now.

Sir James is doing his best but has little impact with the ball in hand. He should not be utilised as first or second receiver.

JDB & Sims to rest until they are fit enough to play at 100%.

Time to give the best of Lawrie/Sele, Host and Leilua game time.

Yes we may lose a few games whilst the young guys get accustomed to FG.

Still better than losing because we are playing key players busted.

Sir James to the bench or coaching box. LAM to start.

Mann to 7, until Hunt is fit.

Flo to ISP for Jordan P.

Mary to water boy.

Just in that lady one, under no circumstances should the sharks take another washed up Dragons coach as water boy

Latest posts