What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Panthers

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
At last someone with a valid point that has been bugging me. The HPU need to be held accountable. Hunt has been carrying an injury for three matches and JDB about the same. Why wasn’t Hunt given a break as well as JDB to get over their injuries.
Like last season our power game is a shot duck, but McIdiot doesn’t have a plan B. I now rate him and the HPU as incompetent in handling a first grade team.
Still we were beaten all over the field so congrats to the Panthers

Bang on, mate.

I wonder if Mary asked JBD to needle up and play each week or left it to JBD to decide.
Either way, it will probably cost him a Blues jumper.
Hunt likewise for Qld................ which l'm ok with.

McIdiot needs to bring Lomax in and nightie out, but that ofcourse will never happen. We were starting to win the arm wrestle till that stage. In press conference laughing like a clown, no other coach would do that after such a flogging. Widdop and Hunt offer nothing in attack, thats absolute, we have no structure and forwards just one up, thats McIdiots tactics. Mann comes on like a chook with no head, makes it worse, he has not done one good thing all year. Shows we are not top 4, but top 8 side this year. Which is an improvement, but McIdiot said this is team he always wanted. Panthers have great depth, because they give good minutes to juniors, McIdiot gives 2 mins for 17th man a match, though thought Lawrie played strong and got minutes.

Mann is on a hiding to nothing due to the way he's used, I'm sure he feels he needs to come on and make every play as he dosnt get much opportunity, if he got more time he would play differently.
Lawrie did look good, but then he was only used so much due to the injuries we went into the game with, he will be back sitting on the bench for 77 minutes next week because Debelin is fine.......appearantly.
The problem was Hunt was hurt, the extra problem is when Widdop dosnt have that good halfback to play off he dosnt adjust his plan, it works when Hunt is guiding the team, it dosnt when he's not there or playing poorly.

hazzbeen

Bench
The mark of a good coach is to fix things at half time when your first half tactics are not working.

Hard to win a game when your first 3 hit ups every set are taken by wingers and centres and when you're only 5th tackle option every fkn time is kick it straight to DWZ in space.
We have the forward pack, when fit, to get us to the semis but our backline just isn't a match for N.Z. or the Bunnies or Penrith. When DWZ gets the ball his runs are fast, incisive and dangerous. When Dufty gets the ball he hops around a bit until Flo gets close enough to pass to - just seconds before he's tackled. Dufty should watch DWZ and Slater and stop worrying that he might get tackled if he runs.

People will say we were out enthused but we simply didn't have the game plan to counter Penrith's tactics. Could have played deeper in attack. Could have stopped them rushing up with some kicks behind their line for Dufty or Nene. Could have got Lafai some early ball. Could have kicked for the sideline for scrums instead of handing it to DWZ on a friggin plate. Looks like we spent most of the week at training teaching Aitken the fine art of the hospital pass.

Very disappointing.
Hay Kit do you want to coach , you summed it up well mate .....

Crush

Coach
Its a real worry that with a few injuries we fall apart and arent competitive.
With Hunt going off it was a chance for Mann to really step up.

Sharks have won 5 of their last five without key players.
Plenty of other teams too show that they can win without key players.
Our depth looks very suspect.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
He's not the messiah! But, he's a very good player.

ae5804c1416b40d1a4ba6344a79d9e58.jpg

Our depth looks suspect because McMuppet refuses to play young guys, even when his first graders are obviously injured.
He has no clue how to bring a promising young player into grade.

One of the many, many, many things he has no clue about.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

There's the problem, mate.
Other teams are stepping up as the season progresses, we seem to be running out of steam, with little back up options ......... and or they are being utilized.

Unfortunately, players that have played poorly aren't being switched for upcoming players to try their luck.
Were keeping tired busted players on the park.

Other coaches are giving the second choices a chance to shine ............. thus creating back up options.

Crush

Coach
Our depth looks suspect because McMuppet refuses to play young guys, even when his first graders are obviously injured.
He has no clue how to bring a promising young player into grade.

One of the many, many, many things he has no clue about.
I think blaming mcmuppet for everything is foolish.
Look at the players in reserve grade. We have all see a few isp games this year and have seen that nobody is really banging the door down.
Our depth looks weak. The reserves aren't in good form.

hewi

Bench
Missed the game as I was flying to San Francisco surely it’s plainly obvious that JDB and Hunt needed to be rested. I read that McGregor says they will play next week if fit. This is madness they are both busted, short term pain for long term gain, if not careful this is going to be a rerun of last year.

Missed the game as I was flying to San Francisco surely it’s plainly obvious that JDB and Hunt needed to be rested. I read that McGregor says they will play next week if fit. This is madness they are both busted, short term pain for long term gain, if not careful this is going to be a rerun of last year.

"Going to be"?
I like your optimism

I think blaming mcmuppet for everything is foolish.
Look at the players in reserve grade. We have all see a few isp games this year and have seen that nobody is really banging the door down.
Our depth looks weak. The reserves aren't in good form.

Sure the ISP are not playing well, but look who's coaching them.
I don't think it can be easy being an ISP player, especially at the Dragons, you never get a look in, even when players are injured, you may get into the team one week, never play, and are dropped the next.
Lawrie stepped up last night when given the chance, there's no reason to think Host, Sele, Kerr, Lomax, Herbet, Garrick etc wouldn't also if given a fair shot.

ISP is a second rate comp, the NRL have made it so by playing games at second rate suburban grounds in front of family and friends.
We have multiple players that have played at the highest level as juniors, NSW and Australian reps, that can obviously play, we just don't give them the chance.

Geez even Bennett put a 19y.o on the wing last week, why can't we just give them a go.

Life's Good

Coach
Missed the game(that might be fortunate by the sounds of it) & have just skimmed through the thread.
Sounds like we played circa 2017.
I noted Mann played big minutes in place of Hunt but what about the rest of the bench. Did McStubborn give them a run?

Latest posts