What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin I - QLD 12-22 NSW @ MCG

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lebbo73

Bench
The best side we’ve named in years. Would’ve probably had Graham in but Crichton is a good player and will do well. We’re gonna hammer those hay eating, cousin rooting, seat pissers.
I rather be rooting our cousins then our sisters like you fellas do. Not to mention the urine drinkers you vermin have down there. All of a sudden pissing on a seat seems pretty lame. Plus, it isn’t illegal to sleep with your cousins.

Lebbo73

Bench
NSW have picked a good side. Might take a match or two to gel. Whatever they do this year will a couple of rungs below next year. The only player I reckon NSW should have picked was Trent Merrin.

Clifferd

Coach
The only player I reckon NSW should have picked was Trent Merrin.

1. Trent Merrin
2. Trent Merrin
3. Trent Merrin
4. Trent Merrin
5. Trent Merrin
6. Trent Merrin
7. Trent Merrin
8. Trent Merrin
9. Trent Merrin
10. Trent Merrin
11. Trent Merrin
12. Trent Merrin
13. Trent Merrin

14. Trent Merrin
15. Trent Merrin
16. Trent Merrin
17. Trent Merrin

Sounds good brother!

Spot On

Coach
I must be in the minority but I'm very happy Wade Graham is not included in the side.

I'm hoping Turbo has a great series but would have picked Cotric over him on the wing.

Wouldn't have blown up much if Sims got the nod over Cordner either. Maybe next time?

Hutty1986

Immortal
I must be in the minority but I'm very happy Wade Graham is not included in the side.

I'm hoping Turbo has a great series but would have picked Cotric over him on the wing.

Wouldn't have blown up much if Sims got the nod over Cordner either. Maybe next time?
Not at all. Graham's stupidity was a huge factor in nsw throwing away game 2 last year. Peachey is just as versatile but quicker and more dangerous in attack.

Fangs

Coach
Not at all. Graham's stupidity was a huge factor in nsw throwing away game 2 last year. Peachey is just as versatile but quicker and more dangerous in attack.

I think Graham is far more versatile. But Peachey fits the mould as far as Freddy's blues are concerned. He will be a game breaker from the bench.

Clifferd

Coach
I think Graham is far more versatile. But Peachey fits the mould as far as Freddy's blues are concerned. He will be a game breaker from the bench.

Graham has been on the jack bird diet. Plus has been out of the game for awhile

If I was qld I’d fear a fast and nifty Peachey much more coming on in the 50-55th min mark against tired forwards

blaza88z

Coach
if NSW don't win this series they have serious issues, our pack doesn't match up, we got blokes who are struggling for their club, McGuire hasn't played in 6 weeks, Hunt could barely walk the other night, our halves want to punch on, talk about the underdogs...

Vintage origin game this, if you forget the past decade

BranVan3000

Coach
I thought angus was a bit left field, thought Sims or Yeo was more deserving.

But Cook is well deserved, and from how far he’s come aswell is truly amazing
Yeah, on the whole Sims has been better this year but Crichtons last 4 weeks have been really good. And showing a very high work rate this year, even if he isn’t making the clean line breaks of last year (obviously being closer marked).

typicalfan

Coach
Yeah, on the whole Sims has been better this year but Crichtons last 4 weeks have been really good. And showing a very high work rate this year, even if he isn’t making the clean line breaks of last year (obviously being closer marked).
Crichton will play well I think he has gotten better as the season has gone on so he should peak nicely for origin.

beave

Coach
The announcements of both teams just seems so f**king half assed.

If it were me in charge, I’d send both sets of selectors and coaches to a rural town in each respective state and do the announcement on a sunday night at 6:30pm. You don’t need the players there, let them celebrate their selections with their families. This gives some buzz to the towns, the media will send staff out, you know there will be a decent turnout by locals so it will be a bit of an event.

Do a live cross and announce the NSW fullback, QLD then announce their fullback. NSW name their right winger, QLD announce their left winger, so on and so on. Have a little break after 2 positions, let the studio hosts analyze the selections for a couple of minutes then back to the live crosses for the selections.

I just think you could make a really good hour or 90mins with decent ratings if you treat the announcent like a mini NFL draft along with some decent production (probably means only fox could give it the respect it deserves), teams also need to put it out there who their first choice is at each position. Players will rock up and do medicals the next day, if they fail, you have 4-5 extras that were announced on the Sunday night.

cain3y

Juniors
This is going to be closer than a lot of people think. Don't get to cocky qld still has a very good side. Where i think each team bests the other.

Nsw: starting pack and bench, speed, youth and point scoring ability.

Qld: back line, defence, experience and passion.

The Spine of each team for me is neither here nore there, pretty even for both sides.

I still think this is going to go right down to the wire.

Just ask yourself one question, which qualities in a side would you rather or do you think is more important. If you can answer that question you know who will win.