What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not whingers here ...Farah has been the whinger...he was the last of the mega Ego drama queens( i should say biggest...not last) at the club who selfishly derailed any chance Potter had of success here. ....like so many i was glad the see the back of someone mostly described as the most divisive player in WT history...if he comes back i hope he pulls his head in...plays to instruction and just shuts the f.ck up in the media. ..the club has had enough of his pathos for one lifetime ....read the NRL.com article up now for a reminder of what we could sign up for.
BTW....i"m a fan of his on the field when he's on and leaves the BS at home and for me his SOO effort the year nsw won it IS legendary. ...problem is his disruptive melodrama is as well.
BTW 2.....how should souths fans be feeling reading about how he didnt really put in last year ( his FIRST season there) because he was still angry and harboured resentment about how he was treated at the tigers? ...for f.vks sake!!...souths throw him a lifeline and he was still too upset to play well for his 900k!. ....is it any wonder Seibold chose Cook before this season even kicked off?. ...and dont kid yourself that McQuire didnt want him and his moody sulking out of the place after that first season.
Has Farah helped Cook....YES
Would he help Liddle?..no doubt
Would he be unsettling for the team? .....the board have let Cleary make that call and he will make the right one...if it's yes to coming back i'm sure he will be right then good.and just get on with it
One of the biggest mistakes Madge made last year was persisting with Farah more often than not. Yeah it wasn't easy to read what he said I'll admit...

kneegrow

Juniors
The people who don’t want Farah back want Taylor/Godinet rotating at DH for the rest of the year I see

Ffs we have to change our team around yet again this weekend and it’s round 15 because we don’t have a full time DH

Tiger05

First Grade
The people who don’t want Farah back want Taylor/Godinet rotating at DH for the rest of the year I see

Ffs we have to change our team around yet again this weekend and it’s round 15 because we don’t have a full time DH

It's a shit situation isn't it. Hooker and fullback have been problems all year.

macnaz

Staff member
Sounds like a done deal. So lets sit back and see what we can acheive now with a complete spine :sunglasses:

Tiger05

First Grade
If it is that’s it for me. What an absolute disgrace. Hope the club folds. Good bye.

This is so stupid and it shows how poorly some so called fans react to RF. I have no idea if he was as bad as what some of you make out but I don't see any evidence of it.

Yes he was overpaid. Yes he was a flawed footballer who especially when he lost some pace was never the player that he once was. Tui, Reynolds, Matulino, McQueen and Packer are 5 players off the top of my head that currently are overpaid and under performing in our current team and yet they are all okay.

RF's actions to me were nothing at all like the actions of JT and his 3 merry men. Those guys basically destroyed our club last season and were a complete an utter disgrace.

I view it as a simple proposition. Let Robbie come back because we have a dire situation that is holding this team back in the hooker position. It's our no 1 problem at this point in time. If RF can fix that and we can also get him for cheap and give him the opportunity to show that he loves this club and can mend some bridges then let him come back.

Hope the club folds
wow I simply do not know what to make of that comment, I won't get personal but gee, to wish that a club would fold because the club might sign a former player who just might add far more to the team for the rest of the season ......so on and so forth.

If IC, the CEO and other senior execs and Go and her board who were around in the Farah years are happy with it. I'm happy with it.

Das Hassler

Bench
I'll wait until it's announced but geez I hope we get him, he performs well and he doesn't act like a dick.

Doesn't act like a dick????
I had to scroll back to see exactly who you were referring to in case the topic got sidetracked...i assumed you had to be talking about Mbye.....good grief

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Just on a comment earlier, RF was not overpaid he was on a heavily back ended contract. He was getting paid what he was worth over the term of the contract. But his final years and the current bulldog mess show how short sighted and disastrous back ended contracts are. If anybody at the club starts to bring them back they should be sacked immediately.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I'll wait until it's announced but geez I hope we get him, he performs well and he doesn't act like a dick.
He was a great player for the club but he has speared 2 coaches in Potter and Taylor and has proven himself to be a disruptive influence. Bringing him back would undermine all of the club's efforts to bring about a positive culture. Ensuring there are no dickheads on the bus is very important in my view.

Crap like this where he says "he's a natural leader." What is that about? What about being a team player first?

Based on the coach's comments yesterday you'd think the Farah signing is close to happening. Still, I am confused by Cleary's comment that there is one spot left on the bus because we have lost Milne & Suli since Rd 1 and prior to that we only had 29 contracted players. We signed Mbye already so that still leaves 2 vacant full time spots that must be filled before June 30?

Tigerm

First Grade
He was a great player for the club but he has speared 2 coaches in Potter and Taylor and has proven himself to be a disruptive influence. Bringing him back would undermine all of the club's efforts to bring about a positive culture. Ensuring there are no dickheads on the bus is very important in my view.

Crap like this where he says "he's a natural leader." What is that about? What about being a team player first?

Based on the coach's comments yesterday you'd think the Farah signing is close to happening. Still, I am confused by Cleary's comment that there is one spot left on the bus because we have lost Milne & Suli since Rd 1 and prior to that we only had 29 contracted players. We signed Mbye already so that still leaves 2 vacant full time spots that must be filled before June 30?
Not sure how he sacked Taylor, when he wasn't even at the club at that stage? As for Potter, you have proof of this of course? It is my understanding that Potter's contract had expired and it wasn't renewed.
If you have facts (not rumours) of Farah's time with us, please share them.

Das Hassler

Bench
Mario Chambers
"Crap like this where he says "he's a natural leader." What is that about? What about being a team player first?"

I shook my head at the same thing.....i can't even recall Thurston...Smith. ..Lockeyer pronouncing themselves that. Anyway...he and his ego will probably rise to the challenge for the remainder of the season and get the job done IF he will be kind enough to accept that the coach might know what's best for more than a couple of games in a row....still cant believe the dumb f ck moaned to Tallis ...a paid NRL commentator AND a Queenslander that Potter can't coach WHILE he's the captain AND the SOO hooker!. ...leader?!...Woods credited him for teaching him leadership....seems about right

Das Hassler

Bench
No more from me on RF. ...Cleary will handle anything that needs to be handled and i just hope we get what he delivered for Seibold the last 2 games...
over and out on the past