What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

mxlegend99

Referee
Have a look at any discussion on state of origin.
Who cares either way? At the end of the day the only thing that matters is the result.

He is only the second halfback to win since our greatest ever #7 did in 2005. Joey didnt even win a series on debut either. He lost his first 2 matches.

Hell Joey won 5 from 9 Origin series he played in. But his first series win at halfback was in his 8th Origin series. He was at hooker or off the bench in his 3 wins before that. Although his last series was about the best ever performance by a #7 in Origin you'll ever see.

OldPanther

Coach
Who cares either way? At the end of the day the only thing that matters is the result.

He is only the second halfback to win since our greatest ever #7 did in 2005. Joey didnt even win a series on debut either. He lost his first 2 matches.

Hell Joey won 5 from 9 Origin series he played in. But his first series win at halfback was in his 8th Origin series. He was at hooker or off the bench in his 3 wins before that. Although his last series was about the best ever performance by a #7 in Origin you'll ever see.

I do. It's pointless but it is what it is.

Good point about Joey and I know Halves don't hit their peak for a few years.

mxlegend99

Referee
Joey was behind Toovey in his first 2 Origin series wins. Playing hooker. For his third win he was on bench with Kimmorley at 7 and Toovey at 9.

Cleary was far from terrific. But its the best 20 year old halfback debut in sometime. He proved he wasnt a liability at this level.

Cleary was far from terrific. But its the best 20 year old halfback debut in sometime. He proved he wasnt a liability at this level.[/QUOTE]

Nathan didn't play a bad game. Yes he was quite at times, however, he was in one of the most important positions, and he was quite young. He more than held his own. He out played Cameron Munster, and Ben Hunt.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
I think some people were expecting too much on Cleary in his first Origin series.
He is 20 years old.
He was out for 6/7 weeks with knee injury he came back for 2 matches and you have clowns like Rothfield expecting him to be man of the match in his debut match.
They won bloody series some should stop nit picking and be realistic about expectations.

OldPanther

Coach
I think some people were expecting too much on Cleary in his first Origin series.
He is 20 years old.
He was out for 6/7 weeks with knee injury he came back for 2 matches and you have clowns like Rothfield expecting him to be man of the match in his debut match.
They won bloody series some should stop nit picking and be realistic about expectations.

Good perspective. I just hope he starts taking the line on more at club level. Since the Raiders game he seems to stand and pass a lot.

franklin2323

Immortal
He is 20 years old.

Results matter. We won the series he had a few good moments kept GI quiet. tactics were the older guys running it so he did his job well enough

He is 20 years old.
Rothchild is a imbecile. Nathan topped the statistics, and he did an amazing job. He will improve.

GongPanther

Referee
He is 20 years old.

Rothfield and Paul Kent heaped praise on Cleary last night on NRL 360. He is generally feeling his way and learning his trade in SOO. And IMO,Cleary will eventually play for Australia. And like some players,he simply needs to be coaxed along.