What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

betcats

Referee
Rooster folk have blamed him for Cordner dying with the ball but you know what they're like.

Well tbh that is fair, he is the halfback he should've been aware of the situation. Passing to Cordner for a hitup on last like that was not the play.

Fangs

Coach
He has played Origin now. Most players come back to club football and improve their game. I think we will learn a lot about his true potential at the back end of this season.

mxlegend99

Referee
He has played Origin now. Most players come back to club football and improve their game. I think we will learn a lot about his true potential at the back end of this season.
Moylan came back from Origin 2016 in god mode. Mansour coming back from Origin was about the best winger in the comp. Gordon 2010 played an Origin match and his game went to a new level.

All this form though came after Game 3 once Origin was behind them. But since the series is wrapped up we might see the improvement sooner.

Cleary was fantastic for a 20 year old halfback making his debut. But he wasn't a superstar dominating the game. He just did his job safely. Hopefully in Game 3 with nothing on the line he tries his hand at being more creative

franklin2323

Immortal
Moylan came back from Origin 2016 in god mode. Mansour coming back from Origin was about the best winger in the comp. Gordon 2010 played an Origin match and his game went to a new level.

All this form though came after Game 3 once Origin was behind them. But since the series is wrapped up we might see the improvement sooner.

Cleary was fantastic for a 20 year old halfback making his debut. But he wasn't a superstar dominating the game. He just did his job safely. Hopefully in Game 3 with nothing on the line he tries his hand at being more creative

Aim would be to build Cleary up to dominate level. Can anyone think of a 20 year old half in SOO? He held his own no glaring errors. That is what you want.

NRL will seem so slow to him now and will have more time

Kilkenny

Coach
Nathan Cleary was never going to dominate for the Blues in this series but he did the job that was required and will benefit from the experience. '

He still has areas in his game which he needs to develop and I have no doubt he will improve considerably in the next couple of seasons.

I hope he stays with the Panthers but at the same time l don;t believe we should break the bank/damage our salary cap structure to resign him,

I have no doubt he is and remain a very good player in the game but I am not convinced he will achieve the heights of our former great half backs in Greg Alexander and Craig Gower.

Latest posts