What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
Ive been ready all of your opinions without posting for a long time, if none of you think that the reason Norman is being shopped is for lack of ability v club changing cultural issues then open your f...ing eyes.

The management headed by Bernie are capable of big things and with a talented player like Moses and some good signings next year, BA’s ability will be measured after this and I’m happy to give him that opportunity.

Fergo and Jnr are good signings and any whinger who argues otherwise is a pessimistic parra supporter lol ( we can’t help it I know!)

Anyway that’s my first 2c worth :thumbsup:
There is no 2c anymore ... you need to round up and give us 3 more cents worth

hindy111

Post Whore
Are we really that 'unsuccessful'?
Yes, I know we haven't won a grand final since forever and we are currently heading for our 3rd spoon in 7 years, but if you look at a bigger sample size, say 40 years - only 4 teams have a greater percentage of grand final appearances as us and only 2 have lost to cheating f**kers!!

Melbourne 40% (since they joined)
Canterbury 28%
Manly 28%
Brisbane 23% (since they joined)
Parramatta 18%
St Grge/Illawa. 18% (incl. St George only from before the merger)

Even the most 'successful' club in Sydney (Roosters) has only made the grand final 6 times in 40 seasons (15%).

I was alive 40yrs ago and unsure if I will be in another 40yrs.

Now give me my 15mins in the sun ffs. I want to feel succesfull

hindy111

Post Whore
Ive been ready all of your opinions without posting for a long time, if none of you think that the reason Norman is being shopped is for lack of ability v club changing cultural issues then open your f...ing eyes.

The management headed by Bernie are capable of big things and with a talented player like Moses and some good signings next year, BA’s ability will be measured after this and I’m happy to give him that opportunity.

Fergo and Jnr are good signings and any whinger who argues otherwise is a pessimistic parra supporter lol ( we can’t help it I know!)

Anyway that’s my first 2c worth :thumbsup:

You can just type f**king and they balnk itnout rather then use dots......

I don't actually understand this sentence, from the 'if none of you think...' bit. Makes no clucking sense.

emjaycee

Coach
I'm only looking at the last ten years really, twenty years max. A lot has changed in that time. Twenty years ago there were very few truly professional clubs, so someone like Brian Smith could come in and gain a huge advantage just by doing stuff most other clubs weren't doing. These days every club is doing that stuff (e.g. junior recruitment from the country, interstate or even NZ), but some have more to spend on it than others. That's why the NRL is trying to implement a cap on football department spending. Because all clubs know that's where the competitive advantage lies (other than 'legal' TPAs) given the levelling nature of the salary cap.

So if we look at the last 20 years, we sit equal 7th for GF appearances (10% or 2 in 20 years), behind Melbourne, Easts, Brisbane, Canterbury, Manly & North Qld. 11th for time since last GF appearance (average is 7.5 years and we are 8 yrs) with Canberra, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Penrith and Wests Tigers all having longer droughts. Newcastle and Souths have both had more wooden spoons than us in the last 20 years.

Actually winning the GF is luck on the day (as you keep on saying).

El Diablo

Post Whore
with Canberra, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Penrith and Wests Tigers all having longer droughts. Newcastle and Souths have both had more wooden spoons than us in the last 20 years.
all those teams i bolded have won at least one premiership since we last did

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So if we look at the last 20 years, we sit equal 7th for GF appearances (10% or 2 in 20 years), behind Melbourne, Easts, Brisbane, Canterbury, Manly & North Qld. 11th for time since last GF appearance (average is 7.5 years and we are 8 yrs) with Canberra, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Penrith and Wests Tigers all having longer droughts. Newcastle and Souths have both had more wooden spoons than us in the last 20 years.

Actually winning the GF is luck on the day (as you keep on saying).
Grand final appearances is very swingy metric though. There have only been 40 total in the past 20 years so it's one of those small sample thingies I also keep banging on about.

A better metric would be number of games won over that period, rather than grand final appearances.

Latest posts