What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers at kogarah

TruSaint

Referee
Wake up.
No it is not good Nene is hurt.
But yes... it is good to see what someone else can do.
Nene is cruising, bludging.
Don't expect you to agree.
Like Mary, you think every player is just sweet and dandy.
Who is the real d##k!?

You... Your incoherent rabble is second to none.
Even when you try and make a valid point ( which i will grant you, at times you do ), you then fook it up with "made up " associations between fans and Coach.

Drag Queen

Bench
Wake up.
No it is not good Nene is hurt.
But yes... it is good to see what someone else can do.
Nene is cruising, bludging.
Don't expect you to agree.
Like Mary, you think every player is just sweet and dandy.
Who is the real d##k!?
I don't see it ouryears. I see Nene as a potentially great winger. Actually he could easily fit into the forwards if coached correctly. Prefer him on the wing though mate. I'm reluctant to say this but our coaching staff are crap. Looks like he's out for the season. Quick recovery Nene.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Nope.
Souths beat us.
Panthers beat us.

We play shit regardless.
Don't get sucked in.
If people don't agree with you, they aren't being sucked into anything by others. It's called forming ones own opinion.

I recall us playing reasonably well against the Panthers despite the end score. Can't recall how we played against Souths. We played terribly against para, dogs and tigers.

Drag Queen

Bench
Exactly who gets bagged for no reason?
Nighty. Fair criticism.
Lafai. Fair criticism
Nene. People here say he runs back the ball with not enough vigour. That is correct.
Aitken. At times poor defence.
Fair criticism.

I say the opposite is true.
Some on here defend poor performance and scream out unfair criticism.

Like Mary, drop no one.

Accept mediocrity.

If Papili can be dropped by Ricky, any of our players should face the music for shit performances as well.

Nene may be missed because we think we have no one else, but he is a soft runner.

Stats such as mts ran and line breaks cannot hide what we see with our own eyes.
Are you maybe jumping the gun a bit?

We’re still 3rd after a pretty gruelling rep campaign for 5 key players. There are still 7 rounds to go, plenty of time to regroup.

You may prove to be right about McGregor but let’s see where we are after 7 more weeks.

Other than Souths, it’s not like any other team is flying right now.
You need to get out more often. Roosters will screw us. Storm will screw us. I'm hoping the Cows don't, but I'm not so sure. Jeezuz we just got screwed by the Tigers. Wish I had a quarter of your optimism.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Are you maybe jumping the gun a bit?

We’re still 3rd after a pretty gruelling rep campaign for 5 key players. There are still 7 rounds to go, plenty of time to regroup.

You may prove to be right about McGregor but let’s see where we are after 7 more weeks.

Other than Souths, it’s not like any other team is flying right now.

No.

ouryears

Bench
You need to get out more often. Roosters will screw us. Storm will screw us. I'm hoping the Cows don't, but I'm not so sure. Jeezuz we just got screwed by the Tigers. Wish I had a quarter of your optimism.
Huhh?
I agree with you, I said what you said.

ouryears

Bench
If people don't agree with you, they aren't being sucked into anything by others. It's called forming ones own opinion.

I recall us playing reasonably well against the Panthers despite the end score. Can't recall how we played against Souths. We played terribly against para, dogs and tigers.

Well, many people in Iife are influenced by what others say.

Yes form your own opinion, however, wisely choose your counsel.

Assess, analyse, then form your opinion.

Many don't do that. Read the posts from some people who simply and monotonously feed each other.

Just like Mary has his coaching staff agree with his ass hole ideas.

Get the drift?

ouryears

Bench

Panthers beat us easily.
Embarassing vs Souths.
Hopeless vs grubs and Parra.
We did well vs none of them.

Good teams win, not play ok but lose many.

Sounds like the socceroos mentality to me.

Losing a few in the year is natural.....however, you don't realise in the past 7 weeks we have sucked? Wow.

ouryears

Bench
I don't see it ouryears. I see Nene as a potentially great winger. Actually he could easily fit into the forwards if coached correctly. Prefer him on the wing though mate. I'm reluctant to say this but our coaching staff are crap. Looks like he's out for the season. Quick recovery Nene.
He is ok, I prefer to compare him to Ado Carr and that ilk.

Nene just runs too soft, yes he does some good things, but running the fall with little vigour is very disappointing.

ouryears

Bench
You... Your incoherent rabble is second to none.
Even when you try and make a valid point ( which i will grant you, at times you do ), you then fook it up with "made up " associations between fans and Coach.
Ha, so DA61 calls people dicks.
I say some on here just do what Mary does....which is they try telling us all our players are going ok and none should be dropped.

Some point out a players poor performance and say it's time for Reggie's, others on here accuse them of being disloyal.

Would you like to post where comments by DA61 and others have ever assessed and commented on specific players poor performances.

Has Mary ever come out and been honest?

No he hasn't.

He copies and pastes the team selection.

Exactly like some on here do.

At least be honest and genuine, talking up players is BS unless it's deserved.

Ain't my fault some on here see criticism of players performances is not on.

Well...it is on.

If you say none of this is correct, let's hear your team you would pick this week.

Cut and paste less injuries??

Sick of mediocre accepting supporters.

Life's Good

Coach
Vaughan, Graham and McInness were great.

Frizzell floats out of the game at times, De Belin and Simms were quiet.

Lafai and Aitken were quiet.

Dufty, Nighty and Mann had poor games.

Widdop and Hunt's game management was terrible.

So much this. I admire them individually but they can work against each other & overplay their hand. Widdop thought it was the Tigers game from last year where he single handedly got us home. They need to be barking orders, directing more & ripping into players who aren’t pulling their weight.

getsmarty

Immortal
State of Origin not to blame for St George Illawarra's 20-16 loss to Wests Tigers: Paul McGregor
  • Dragon's Den
    +27

Photos | NRL 2018 Dragons vs Tigers
    Pictures: Chris Lane
    Paul McGregor has rejected the idea that St George Illawarra were suffering a State of Origin hangover in their 20-16 loss to the Wests Tigers on Sunday.

It was the Benji and Robbie show at Kogarah as the Tigers upset the Dragons.

Robbie Farah laid on three tries while Benji Marshall showed some of his brilliant best to hand the Dragons just their second defeat in their last 11 matches at Jubilee Oval.

Almost 16,000 fans packed into Kogarah on a perfect winter’s afternoon, only for the majority of the crowd to go home disappointed.

All five of St George Illawarra’s Origin representatives backed up after last Wednesday’s third Origin clash as the Dragons trailed 20-6 before launching a late fight back, only to fall just short despite tries to captain Gareth Widdop and fullback Matt Dufty.

But Dragons coach McGregor said any notion the Dragons had suffered an Origin hangover was just an excuse.

“If you look at their minutes and the time off they’ve had in between. You look at their recovery. Paul Vaughan for argument’s sake played all three Origins and was probably the best on the the field [against the Tigers],” he said.

“That’s just a bit of an excuse. We can certainly manage their workload through the GPS systems and what we do at training. But at this stage we need to all get back together and start working hard towards the back end of the year.

“I think our error rate was way too high. There was no penalties blown throughout the game. Their kicking game was really good. We had no field position. Towards the end we really started to play the footy we know we can [but] it was all too late in the end. We just ran out of time.

“When you’ve got no field position, no possession, you keep making errors you don’t get opportunities. We really had no opportunity to play good footy. There’s a lot of tired guys in the room but they proved that when they went after the opposition at the end of the game how good they can be. We’ve just got to make sure we get a couple of good lessons out of that.”

It was the first time the Dragons had lost two matches in a row all season as they slipped from the top of the table to third, two points behind South Sydney and level with Melbourne.

St George Illawarra will look to regroup quickly when they head to Townsville to take on struggling North Queensland on Saturday night before a tricky away fixture against the Sydney Roosters and a home clash with the New Zealand Warriors in Wollongong.

The Dragons do not return to Kogarah until they host Canterbury in the penultimate round on Sunday, August 26.
https://www.theleader.com.au/story/...-to-blame-for-tigers-defeat-mcgregor/?cs=3833

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Ha, so DA61 calls people dicks.
I say some on here just do what Mary does....which is they try telling us all our players are going ok and none should be dropped.

Some point out a players poor performance and say it's time for Reggie's, others on here accuse them of being disloyal.

Would you like to post where comments by DA61 and others have ever assessed and commented on specific players poor performances.

Has Mary ever come out and been honest?

No he hasn't.

He copies and pastes the team selection.

Exactly like some on here do.

At least be honest and genuine, talking up players is BS unless it's deserved.

Ain't my fault some on here see criticism of players performances is not on.

Well...it is on.

If you say none of this is correct, let's hear your team you would pick this week.

Cut and paste less injuries??

Sick of mediocre accepting supporters.

Lol

ouryears

Bench
So much this. I admire them individually but they can work against each other & overplay their hand. Widdop thought it was the Tigers game from last year where he single handedly got us home. They need to be barking orders, directing more & ripping into players who aren’t pulling their weight.
How the f##k can you admire players that need to be told by this forum what they should be doing.?!

Imagine tell John's, Fittler, Langlands, Fulton, JT, Slater, Smith, Meninga and another 5,000 players what to do, how they should play and how to win!

FMD

Just call it for what it is.
They are not up to it.

Admire them?
Geeezuz!!

Life's Good

Coach
How the f##k can you admire players that need to be told by this forum what they should be doing.?!

Imagine tell John's, Fittler, Langlands, Fulton, JT, Slater, Smith, Meninga and another 5,000 players what to do, how they should play and how to win!

FMD

Just call it for what it is.
They are not up to it.

Admire them?
Geeezuz!!

Settle down now or you’ll do yourself a mischief.