What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Boot Bennett: Who will take the skeleton?

Bazal

Post Whore
I think Titans or Eels make a play for him.

Christ I hope not.

Partly because I think he's past it, partly because I think Parramatta is a different beast when it comes to coaching and he's just not suited to the gig. In many ways were like Newcastle, and we all saw how Creeping went up there.

I'd take him as GM of Football, I suppose. But not as head coach

Frailty

First Grade
Christ I hope not.

Partly because I think he's past it, partly because I think Parramatta is a different beast when it comes to coaching and he's just not suited to the gig. In many ways were like Newcastle, and we all saw how Creeping went up there.

I don't mean this an offence, but it just seems like the reactionary and dumb move Parramatta would be likely to make. Would it be the best decision for them? Definitely not. But it's one I can see them making.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Christ I hope not.

Like Gus, making him GM of football effectively makes him Head Coach. Because in their minds no one can do it as well as them.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't mean this an offence, but it just seems like the reactionary and dumb move Parramatta would be likely to make. Would it be the best decision for them? Definitely not. But it's one I can see them making.

I think in the past, definitely. Bernie Gurr has more brains than that...I hope

Like Gus, making him GM of football effectively makes him Head Coach. Because in their minds no one can do it as well as them.

Possibly. I do think he'd be more inclined to work with someone than Gus. He seems like the kind of guy who likes the idea of having a protege, whereas Gus just strikes me as a bit of a wannabe emperor.

I think Bennett would be a good mentor, but probably not a good head coach option these days. Much like his old mate Brian Smith.

Travitoh

First Grade

Bennett's on the market again.

Not nearly as exciting as it would have been 10 years ago, but im sure there is still some fight in those old bones.

So where to for Bennett? Which teams needs a new coach?

The morgue

isaiah

Bench
Given the resources, incredibly favourable draw and constant leg ups that his team gets, you would have rate his second Brisbane stint as extremely poor.
What favourable draw? They would prefer to play sunday arvos like the roosters often get. What leg ups?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
What favourable draw? They would prefer to play sunday arvos like the roosters often get. What leg ups?

I think we had one Sunday afternoon last year and not many this year either. The favourable draw is referencing the consistent 7 day turnarounds that you get from playing each Friday night. i will admit, more recently that has started to change. If you are looking for a Sunday afternoon team, look no further than the Wests Tigers.

Incorrect

Coach
I reckon Gould could butt out for 2 years and have Bennett as coach if he was somehow given a guarantee that come season 2021, Ivan Cleary was coming over to coach and reunite with son Nathan... Depending on what Nathan Cleary does come Nov 1st, we might be able to join the dots and make an educated guess how it will all pan out....

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
tenor.gif

It would be worth the potential lol's.

Latest posts